Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pretty disappointed when BM was released on bail. And I’m not convinced he isn’t a flight risk. But if SD is doing his bidding (which I suspect) and we have 7 1/2 more months of sloppy cover-ups and suspicious behavior, this is going to be entertaining. Best case scenario, one of them leads us to SM or makes a mistake large enough to add significant evidence for the prosecution. Maybe I’m being optimistic. It sure would be poetic if bail ends up bringing Justice for Suzanne. IMO

So the question is why would something have to be sent to that address. It was coming from somewhere that he was unable to change the delivery address.

It could be that something was ordered online and it was not noticed that the address information defaulted to the Puma path address.

Perhaps the order confirmation showed the error and it was too late to change it.

No, you didn’t miss it, @sk716 because it hasn’t been completed yet. :D Needed to step away so I could reread the AA with fresh eyes. A couple of dates/times threw me off. @oviedo has been really busy with timelines and Media/Maps on a couple of other cases, too.

Yeah, those dates and times are kind of a mess.

Every time I read through I have another question. Like where was that chipmunk rifle when LE took "all" of the guns out of the house? They would have been processing his truck at the same time, so where had he tucked away that weapon until he had time to scrub it?

And there was so much other insane crap that Barry did that we never got around to discussing like the complete d-bag move of burying everything he didn't want to move to CO in a hole in the yard of the IN house.

Why would he be Mirandized if he was coming in voluntarily and blustering freely?

I mean, it sounds like everyone agreed he shouldn't be talking, LE and even Barry himself, and yet here we are, served with 129 pages of Barry- couldn't-stop-himself.

JMO
There is always a critical point at which a witness becomes a suspect. It seems LE knew something was off early on. LE must inform a person of their rights if they are arrested or detained, but not during an interview if the person is free to leave. However, in many cases, a suspect has stated later that during a voluntary interview with police, their “tone” changed and the suspect/witness no longer felt they were free to leave. LE can ask all the questions they want, but the suspect doesn’t have to answer any of them.
This article gives a good explanation about Miranda rights.:
When Must Police Read Me Miranda Rights | LawInfo.com

CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
September 28, 2021

On September 27, 2021 the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office was contacted in regards to Trespassing in the Maysville area.
Investigation disclosed that the residents of a home on Puma Path, which is just south of County Road 225, the former Morphew residence, observed a female enter their property, which is marked no trespassing, approach their home via a long driveway leading to the front door and remove a package. Investigators reviewed several different home security recordings and verified the information provided by the homeowner. The suspect was identified as Shoshona L Darke, age 51, from Salida.
On September 28, 2021 investigators from the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office obtained an arrest warrant for Ms Darke and she was arrested without incident in the Maysville area on the same date.
Shoshona Darke was transported to the Chaffee County Detention Center where she was charged with Second Degree Criminal Trespass, a Class 3 Misdemeanor.

********** Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze**********

Chaffee County Sheriff - Website

What. The. Freak?

A couple a months ago I ordered my brother a snack box subscription but I forgot to double check the shipping address for the first box, they sent it to me. The others went to his house, though.

I really want to know what was so important that she committed a felony.

It could be as simple as Barry ordered something from Amazon or Cabelas and forgot to change the shipping address? He sends ShoSho over to pick it up, what a nummy for agreeing to do his bidding.

I had a feeling there would be monkey business going on while he's out, just not so soon. Wonder if someone will be in court and we'll get the deets?

It could be as simple as Barry ordered something from Amazon or Cabelas and forgot to change the shipping address? He sends ShoSho over to pick it up, what a nummy for agreeing to do his bidding.

I had a feeling there would be monkey business going on while he's out, just not so soon. Wonder if someone will be in court and we'll get the deets?
Do the police have the package or was there enough time before they arrived and took a report that she was able to deliver it to Barry? I'm dying to know what was in it! :oops:

So, she went on Sunday afternoon to steal the package? I don't know about Colorado, but the only package service that does Sunday delivery around here is Amazon. We can infer that the package had been delivered that day as it was accessible for the taking.

Stealing mail is in fact a federal crime, even if it's Amazon that brings it. The FBI guys in Colorado Springs are just having the best day. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

If a parcel has been sent to a previous address the normal thing to do is to contact the new house owners and ask permission to collect the parcel.

Yeah, we are not talking about "normal" here. Lol. What a couple of numbskulls.

I just walked in the door from the library, where I got my Morphew AA printed, like a book, so I could take notes and highlight. This little unexpected situation is much more fun to read about, though. :p

This really makes no sense at all. That house sold 6 months ago.
I can't figure out why Barry's girlfriend is stealing things from the porch, 6 months after the house sold.
Are we assuming someone actually forgot to change a shipping address to a house that sold six months ago?
That doesn't seem very realistic.

jmo

This really makes no sense at all. That house sold 6 months ago.
I can't figure out why Barry's girlfriend is stealing things from the porch, 6 months after the house sold.
Are we assuming someone actually forgot to change a shipping address to a house that sold six months ago?
That doesn't seem very realistic.

jmo
Barry's was behind bars for a long time. I wonder if he forgot to change his Amazon address or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress