Found Deceased IN - Jacob Cole McCarty, 14, with his dog, Corydon, 21 Sep 2021

My heart goes out to Jacob's father, family and friends. Shocking and heartbreaking. I am praying for all, and that his loved ones find strength and love from their community and each other. I want them to know we all care and are so sorry for their loss.

So terribly sad.

The only way I can imagine they don't suspect foul play is if they found both Jacob and the dog shot to death with the gun nearby, and the gun registered to the boy's dad. Perhaps they found gunshot residue on the boy's hand.

I feel like the dog wouldn't have just lain next to Jacob passively until she died. Surely survival instincts would've kicked in and she would've gone looking for food/water at some point, and someone would've heard her barking?

I don't think he would hurt the dog, maybe they both were bit by a snake or Jacob had a medical issue and passed. I believe Isabella would have stayed with the boy no matter what happened, she may have passed from overheating and a lack of water! I feel so bad for his father, family and friends and pray that God will help them with this heartbreaking loss. Rest in peace Jacob and Isabella
A poisonous snake would be a very rare occurrence here.

So many stereotypes get brought up as reasons against suicide. There is no "normal" when a person is suicidal, Rich people, poor people, young people, old people,male, female, city, country. People contemplating suicide don't think "rationally" like the rest of us, so projecting our thoughts on their behavior doesn't help explain what happened. Rationally isn't the proper word, I know.
And yes, suicide with a pet is something that does happen. The person can feel isolated from the world except for the pet and loves the pet so much they can't see the pet going on without them.
Is this a suicide? I'd guess that is likely, unless there is some odd accident that would have claimed both.

with regard to the dog....i think it must be an emotional prompt. get as far as killing the beloved dog then thats it, you have to go through with the suicide,the poor boy must have been so distraught once his dog had gone.

this is what gets me the most here....his pain walking into the woods.....then his pain once he was left with his deceased dog. my heart goes out to him

with regard to the dog....i think it must be an emotional prompt. get as far as killing the beloved dog then thats it, you have to go through with the suicide,the poor boy must have been so distraught once his dog had gone. this is what gets me the most here....his pain walking into the woods.....then his pain once he was left with his deceased dog. my heart goes out to him
Ugh my who post is fractured.
Wondering if this a therapy dog. . . This is the worst. And I am guessing at 14 years old and weighing 200 pounds he did not have it easy, kids are mean sometimes. . Wondering about gaming, wondering about that incident where some guy on line encourage suicide (don't recall the name, only the circumstance). His digital footprint will be telling i am sure.

So many stereotypes get brought up as reasons against suicide. There is no "normal" when a person is suicidal, Rich people, poor people, young people, old people,male, female, city, country. People contemplating suicide don't think "rationally" like the rest of us, so projecting our thoughts on their behavior doesn't help explain what happened. Rationally isn't the proper word, I know.
And yes, suicide with a pet is something that does happen. The person can feel isolated from the world except for the pet and loves the pet so much they can't see the pet going on without them.
Is this a suicide? I'd guess that is likely, unless there is some odd accident that would have claimed both.

A lighting strike could have.I searched my mind for any excuse other than suicide .I feel so heartbroken for his family right now. I know the COD hasnt been released, I am not claiming it was suicide.

A lighting strike could have.I searched my mind for any excuse other than suicide .I feel so heartbroken for his family right now. I know the COD hasnt been released, I am not claiming it was suicide.
Yeah i didn't get that hunch either, but i hope we find out soon. No answer will really satisfy the parents and if it is foul play that just opens up a whole other can of worms.

Thinking about Jacob and Isabella this morning. Hoping we are able to get more info. I pray for this family .

Thoughts for his family and community. It always hit hard when it's a child, but to also take the dog as well makes it that much worse....

So terribly sad.

The only way I can imagine they don't suspect foul play is if they found both Jacob and the dog shot to death with the gun nearby, and the gun registered to the boy's dad. Perhaps they found gunshot residue on the boy's hand.

I feel like the dog wouldn't have just lain next to Jacob passively until she died. Surely survival instincts would've kicked in and she would've gone looking for food/water at some point, and someone would've heard her barking?
I'm sorry. Perhaps I missed the information. Where do you get the idea a gun was involved? Is that a credible source?

An article in the Louisville Courier-Journal seems to support the firearm theory,

"Then he [the dad] noticed the firearm he kept in the home was gone and immediately called police, he said. The handgun had just been recently purchased for protection and was kept in a closet, unsecured but out of plain sight, in McCarty's room, he said."

Jacob McCarty, missing Indiana teen, found dead Tuesday, police said

Last edited:
An article in the Louisville Courier-Journal seems to support the firearm theory,

"Then he [the dad] noticed the firearm he kept in the home was gone and immediately called police, he said. The handgun had just been recently purchased for protection and was kept in a closet, unsecured but out of plain sight, in McCarty's room, he said."

Jacob McCarty, missing Indiana teen, found dead Tuesday, police said
So why did our local police not put out a silver alert that the boy was armed and may be suicidal? Why did they tell us instead that he met someone on the internet and ran away?

does that not put anyone searching for him at risk if he had a gun? I really don't understand how a 14 year old would be able to get hold of one let alone use it!

I'm in the uk though, guns are alien to most of us here

if thats what happened then i assume no gunshots were heard by anyone else nearby

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back