Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: This post has been removed. It is a violation of the law to broadcast this recording.>

ADMIN NOTE:

Thanks to Seattle1, a reminder that Colorado Court has strict policy that court proceedings including WEBEX cannot be filmed/recorded/rebroadcast or face contempt charges.

Last edited:
But that puts ol’ BM in a conundrum, doesn’t it? In order for her not to be charged with the theft he has to say he authorized her to pick it up. Otherwise, how would she know it was there?
Only one problem with this....Barry cannot authorize her to pick up an item on his behalf at that address, even if the article is addressed to him. It is still theft, as it was delivered to that address...not to Barry. It was not a sign at delivery only delivery...FedEx left it. That puts the package in the care, custody and control of the property owner, and no one else...to dispose of at their leisure.....jmo

This article is not available to us in Europe. I would be grateful if someone could copy any information not yet posted.
CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — Shoshona Darke, the woman accused of having a relationship with Barry Morphew, has been arrested for trespassing.

Darke, 51, was arrested Tuesday, Sept. 28, for trespassing at Morphew’s former home in Maysville on Monday, Sept. 27. Investigators reviewed several different home security recordings and verified the information provided by the homeowner.

According to the arrest affidavit, Darke was photographed on surveillance video walking on foot down the driveway at 3:46 p.m. The homeowners did not give permission for Morphew or Darke to enter the property and wished to pursue charges on Darke. At 3:47 p.m. Darke is seen on video carrying what appears to be a package (cardboard box) under her left arm.

https://www.fox21news.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/37/2021/09/21M351-Darke-Redacted-Affidavit.pdf

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...passing-at-old-morphew-home-in-chaffee-county

In her interview with investigators, Darke said she has known Morphew since October 2020 because she cleaned his neighbor's house and met him at a dumpster outside the home, according to the affidavit.

She deleted items off her phone and one may have been a number belonging to Barry Morphew's second phone number, according to the affidavit. This happened in front of investigators.

She did not answer all of the investigators' questions.

She told them she called the CBI tip line in May 2020 to report a strange vehicle around Puma Path around the time Suzanne Morphew disappeared.
Ooh, she is lying. Barry should tell her that didn't work so well for him.

Barry should have called his trusty lawyers....and obtained their advice on how to secure the parcel legally. But of course...they would have charged him $500 or so to do it correctly...so being that Barry is the tightwad he says he is....he sends, Sho Sho....Doh!

Bringing this forward

<modsnip: This post has been removed. It is a violation of the law to broadcast this recording.>

ADMIN NOTE:

Thanks to Seattle1, a reminder that Colorado Court has strict policy that court proceedings including WEBEX cannot be filmed/recorded/rebroadcast or face contempt charges.

But that puts ol’ BM in a conundrum, doesn’t it? In order for her not to be charged with the theft he has to say he authorized her to pick it up. Otherwise, how would she know it was there?
Indeed - will we find out what was in that package? If it's theft, she should have to produce and return it I would think?

JMO

While we wait for Judge Murphy to call again for SD..

Carol McKinley

@CarolAMcKinley

·
52m

Darke has a first appearance now. And another hearing at 4 to address a restraining order filed against her. More to come.
Wow homeowners did that fast. Good for them.

Question: Can judge order the two felons to have NO contact? Wonder who would be first to fall? :rolleyes:

Grabbing the package is called stealing.

wouldn’t that depend on who the name on the to label, even if the address was wrong? Ie if it says Barry Morphew but has his old address would it be stealing if he asked SD to pick it up?

But that puts ol’ BM in a conundrum, doesn’t it? In order for her not to be charged with the theft he has to say he authorized her to pick it up.

Would he have to admit it or just not press charges?

Barry's was behind bars for a long time. I wonder if he forgot to change his Amazon address or something.
Still...he could have his mom or daughter call the homeowners to ask if package can be picked up. I tend to think SD picked it up because he didn't want the homeowners or LE to know what is inside. A gun to shoot chipmunks maybe?

He was arrested 2 months after the house sold and he was already living in Poncha Springs.
If he actually forgot to change his address, he's a bigger idiot than previously suspected.

jmo
What if Barry wanted something the judge told him not to have and he couldn't have it delivered to his mom or friends home or wherever he is staying? What if he figures he can get his gf to run over to his old address and pick it up and the homeowners would never know? Except the cameras are working Barry! Oh that would just be too good. I'm dreaming.

IDK actual terms of BM's bond, but a standard term would be no criminal activity. No way he's not a co-conspirator in this crime.

It's a relatively minor offense, but the DA could move to raise his bond after getting a statement from her as to how she knew the package was there. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse, especially if you're out on bond for murder IMO.
I just read the arrest warrant. It is for trespassing so I wonder if the package even plays a role.

Last edited:
What if Barry wanted something the judge told him not to have and he couldn't have it delivered to his mom or friends home or wherever he is staying? What if he figures he can get his gf to run over to his old address and pick it up and the homeowners would never know? Except the cameras are working Barry! Oh that would just be too good. I'm dreaming.
What if he just placed an Amazon order and never changed his shipping address? This could be totally innocuous...just saying. The crime was a "porch thief" as far as the law goes in my opinion.

Editing to add that I just read the arrest report and it is for trespassing. NO mention of the porch package other than it was mentioned that on camera she was caught with a box under her arm and the owner said the door camera only captures images on the porch if someone rings the doorbell.

Last edited:
Barry should have called his trusty lawyers....and obtained their advice on how to secure the parcel legally. But of course...they would have charged him $500 or so to do it correctly...so being that Barry is the tightwad he says he is....he sends, Sho Sho....Doh!

Will he pay for his trusty lawyers to defend Sho Sho?

I hope the trusty pair rue the day they agreed to defend BM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304