NY NY - Brooklyn Brdg, BlkFem 15-35 (30-50), UP83746, piercings, ARJK/ARIK, KYRON, & leaf tatts, Aug'21

Or this woman? The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail

Sherry Alvarez sure looks like the decedent's sketch.
Yes she does! The Coroners office made a mistake on her clothing, maybe she made a mistake on the height? I'm not sure, they both have such youthful faces and similar face shapes. Will examine the facial features, but also, creating a "Do you recognize me?" poster that I'm almost finished with. Just not sure what number to put, as a lot of New Yorkers don't really feel comfortable going to police. (which I don't blame them for, but I guess this is a completely different circumstance.) However, I will add the tipline because I want to get this poster out to every media I could.

I spread that poster to a good amount of Facebook groups, especially for those located in New York. And also, I must say, she does look a LOT like Sherry Alvarez. Down to the facial features. I might reach out and leave a tip just because there is such a lack of information about Sherry, it leaves us with a lot of unanswered questions.

Edit: just looked over the NamUs photo and realized they have a different lip shape and ear shape as well..but the sketch looks very similar.

How does this look? Please give your critiques/thoughts, I really need it!

Looks great. Some thoughts: Is there a case number to give when you call the 800 number. If possible, mention that the 800 number is run by NYPD Crime Stoppers, and maybe links to the website or the app? (QR codes are great for that since we all have cell phones.) Standard verbage usually says "you can remain anonymous" or something.

The line "and bring her home to her loved ones" can be put on line two and the font size increased a bit.

That's an interesting question -- are sketches like those copyrighted?

This is a very good point, the artists signature is in the corner of the sketch, would hope they would not mind me using this for doing its job, which is to identify her. I could reach out and email them possibly. I did get the poster going on a couple of missing/unidentified pages and importantly one for New York specifically, and spread it on my Instagram to my best ability. I have been thinking of her everyday, hoping we are getting closer to bringing her home!!

Keeshae Jacobs just came up on Twitter. Her mother is really looking for her. The age and other stats match. Keeshae had tattoos, although they do not match the UID. I'm noting her for comparison as others have mentioned sometimes tattoos are held back, etc. and because the info on this UID seems a bit strange--i.e. the clothing she was wearing and other details are still confusing.

Keeshae was last heard from in 2016 in Virginia when she was visiting a friend. She was 21.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 12.17.20 PM.png Original.png 243138339-450204612998796-841926435405688631-n.jpg Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 7.30.17 PM.png

2nd image of Keeshae from:

Hundreds of women of color have gone missing this year. Here's why you might not have heard of them.

I don’t think Sherry Alvarez is our UID, her nose is a rounder, flatter shape. Also she has what looks like a big keloid scar on her neck, so the UID ought to either have that or a linear scar from its removal in the same position.

I don’t think Sherry Alvarez is our UID, her nose is a rounder, flatter shape. Also she has what looks like a big keloid scar on her neck, so the UID ought to either have that or a linear scar from its removal in the same position.

Good catch! How did we overlook that? Was anyone able to find additional information about Sherry to see if she is still missing? I couldn't find a NAMUS for her, but the site was down repeatedly when I tried to access over the past week. It would be up for a few minutes, then error messages.

Good catch! How did we overlook that? Was anyone able to find additional information about Sherry to see if she is still missing? I couldn't find a NAMUS for her, but the site was down repeatedly when I tried to access over the past week. It would be up for a few minutes, then error messages.

Sherry's situation is unfortunately minimal in information and I haven't been able to find any other info on her on social media even...she may not still be missing but I am unsure.

On a somewhat positive note, I put the poster onto Facebook of Jane Doe and its already received some 300 shares on multiple pages, something I am extremely grateful for...the more ideas people share on the site (obviously we know lol), can help finally find out her identity. Some people on a New York page post are saying that "ARAK" could be the initials of her children/loved ones...and that Kyron might be a child/loved one that was of importance or something unfortunate happened to? It is an interesting theory but I am looking into it. Let me know, I'll submit the tip about Sherry just in case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back