Found Deceased LA - Nevaeh Allen, 2, Belaire, Baton Rouge, 24 Sep 2021 *mother, stepfather arrested*

So much running through my mind, but upon reading this article, this jumped out and stopped me in my tracks...

"Cardwell is currently pregnant with another child who she says Gardner is the father of."

COME.ON.

Her boyfriend has how many older children, Nevaeh, their shared 11 - month old and now this.....

Just no, no, no.

These people do not give ANY thought to these human beings they bring into the world. Clearly they have DV issues between them and whatever other personal issues they have on their own, they clearly cannot provide for these children emotionally, physically, and likely financially.

Why are the children an afterthought... ALL of these kids are going to have challenges and varying levels of trauma for a very very long time. If for no other reason than mom/dad were not there to raise them. It is totally unacceptable,...I cannot believe another baby has to be brought into this.

Mother, stepfather of Baton Rouge toddler Nevaeh Allen charged in child’s death

Am I seeing this correctly? On the second FB page there's a picture of mom and Neveah, posted September 27. Across the picture is typed "Ciao." I feel nauseous.

I saw that and didn't know what to make of it. I don't think she was trying to be flippant or glib, but I don't think she quite thought it through, either.

Personally I wasn't sold on mom's involvement based on how she appeared in news clip, something seemed a little off but I was chalking it up to being in distress (or wanting it to be only that).. I am sure she was in some distress but apparently not from panicked grief.

So much running through my mind, but upon reading this article, this jumped out and stopped me in my tracks...

"Cardwell is currently pregnant with another child who she says Gardner is the father of."

COME.ON.

Her boyfriend has how many older children, Nevaeh, their shared 11 - month old and now this.....

Just no, no, no.

These people do not give ANY thought to these human beings they bring into the world. Clearly they have DV issues between them and whatever other personal issues they have on their own, they clearly cannot provide for these children emotionally, physically, and likely financially.

Why are the children an afterthought... ALL of these kids are going to have challenges and varying levels of trauma for a very very long time. If for no other reason than mom/dad were not there to raise them. It is totally unacceptable,...I cannot believe another baby has to be brought into this.

Not sure of the exact statistics, but this seems to happen often. Marissa Kennedy's mother had a baby on the way when she was killed. Joshua Davis's mother was pregnant when he went missing, though the jury is still out as to her involvement in it.

"According to the arrest information from the 19th JDC, Phillip Gardner told authorities that mother Lanaya Cardwell was getting ready for work when Allen walked into the bathroom and grabbed the mother’s contact lenses.

Cardwell became upset and punched Allen with a closed fist in the stomach causing her to fall and hit her head on a cabinet.

According to Gardner, Cardwell took Allen into another room and described hearing what sounded to be two adults fighting."

GRAPHIC: New details released about Nevaeh Allen death

Gardner observed Allen crying and noticed a bruise on her forehead.

He then took Cardwell to work and returned home with Allen.

Allen refused to eat and complained of stomach pain to Gardner.

Later Allen laid down on the couch and was found unresponsive.

According to Gardner, he attempted to give Allen CPR, but she was cold and lifeless.

Gardner later admitted to dumping the remains in Mississippi to help protect Cardwell.

GRAPHIC: New details released about Nevaeh Allen death

COME.ON.

Just no, no, no.

This is a case where I am hopeful that the mother goes away for the remainder of her reproductive life and the step-father’s “fathering” ability is put on hold for a couple of decades. More than anything I would like the unborn baby, and the two younger children to be placed far, far away to live the remainder of their lives filled with love and healing.

ETA - I don’t know what to wish for the older children - they have been through so much - I’ll hope that they have a loving functional grandparent/aunt/uncle that can take them and love them and care for them. So many child victims in this situation.

Last edited:
I'm having issues with this. The statement of what happened is from Gardner ( the stepfather) nothing from the mom yet so we don't know what actually happened and then from @CHEL above post

According to authorities, the forensic pathologist stated that while the victim had severe trauma causing brain swelling, it cannot be ruled out that the victim was still alive at the time that Gardner placed her in the suitcase and suffocated to death prior to succumbing to the other injuries
This guy could be full of it. I need to wait and see what LE comes up with on this one. IMO

I'm having issues with this. The statement of what happened is from Gardner ( the stepfather) nothing from the mom yet so we don't know what actually happened and then from @CHEL above post

According to authorities, the forensic pathologist stated that while the victim had severe trauma causing brain swelling, it cannot be ruled out that the victim was still alive at the time that Gardner placed her in the suitcase and suffocated to death prior to succumbing to the other injuries
This guy could be full of it. I need to wait and see what LE comes up with on this one. IMO
Yea I agree. This is just horrid no matter what. Story definitely still sketchy. I did think mom seemed off originally. Poor little girl though. I pray she was NOT alive when he dumped her like garbage.

@Fire Fox 2 I agree, I want to see what this mom has to say. Let's hope she talks. Poor child, zero chance! I can't tell you how many times I've typed that but 1 is too many. IMO
He was quick to blame that mom though. True love huh? I imagine they broke up now There should be some law like the one where you can drop off a newborn baby at a fire station and not get in trouble. Maybe let people drop off a baby/toddler if they become overwhelmed and feel like hurting them. It seems way too often these kids are killed because the caregiver feared bringing them to a hospital so instead dump them like garbage. This world frightens me more each day.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back