Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the point in texting this to the media? I don't see how this helps the Laundries and it is just feeding the media storm. I can't recall ever seeing someone give play-by-play updates while defending the subject (and parents of the subject) of an FBI investigation!
I was thinking the same. This guy is tweeting to all the local reporters. I’ve never seen anything like it. He clearly drove the point home to the laundries about keeping their mouths shut and here he is yappity yapping. It’s like he can’t help himself. I hope he’s representing them pro bono as he’s supposed to be a family friend I thought. If I had this guy on my payroll and he yucked it up like he has been, I’d tell him to kick rocks by now.

Am I alone in thinking it's very odd that his parents purchased a phone with an AT&T plan for him on the 4th?

What happened to the old one?

Even if he only used the old phone for texts and didn't have a voice plan, they could have just upgraded his plan. Did he toss his phone on the way back or before he left so that there wouldn't be pings?

But that doesn't make sense, since he was so careless about using the ATM card.

Was there something incriminating on his phone that made him physically destroy it?

What is the point in texting this to the media? I don't see how this helps the Laundries and it is just feeding the media storm. I can't recall ever seeing someone give play-by-play updates while defending the subject (and parents of the subject) of an FBI investigation!
It’s quite unbelievable IMO - I’m sensing this lawyer may actually love the media spotlight as I can think of no other reason to confirm anything at all at this point
JMO

That whole story about him getting a new phone the day before his parents said he left…and then left the phone at their house makes no sense at all imo.

So I have to ask, did he leave this phone in the reserve, then went elsewhere, and that is why their attorney is even telling this ridiculous story and changing dates?

Excellent theory… that would make more sense than everything else I’ve seen!

Another day... no Brian!......

Everyone seems to be in on this hunt, the FBI , the CIA, the Army, the state police, the adventurous Mr. Dog, ( It took me 32 threads to figure out that DTBH meant this hardy chap ) so I throw in the foundation of Sleuths, Mr Holmes, Sherlock to his friends. And his oft quoted homily to all sleuthers out there..

'When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

quote from "The Adventure of the Blanched Soldier", a 1926 Sherlock Holmes short story.

All that seems to absolute at this time, is... the last people to see Brian alive ( and it's not as if they put it like that, their story is he just sort of went 'missing'...one blink and lo! no Bri! ...)....are his parents.

That is the very last time, and the very last people to see Brian walking and talking. ..

The last people to be in contact with the person searched for are usually high on the suspect list, for very good reasons...

Am I alone in thinking it's very odd that his parents purchased a phone with an AT&T plan for him on the 4th?

What happened to the old one?

Even if he only used the old phone for texts and didn't have a voice plan, they could have just upgraded his plan. Did he toss his phone on the way back or before he left so that there wouldn't be pings?

But that doesn't make sense, since he was so careless about using the ATM card.

Was there something incriminating on his phone that made him physically destroy it?

yes, too many coincidentally convenient purchases etc right when he got home for it to be coincidence IMO

Yeah, as much as I’d love to see Dog grab this guy my guess is the FBI has already checked out every lead that Dog is now working. There’s gotta be a very good reason that they’ve spent so much time and so many resources at the reserve. And that reason is *not* the word of BLs parents, IMO.
Dog has a very loyal following, and resonates with many people that would never talk to an FBI agent. He may be getting the street scoop. I think he'll smoke BL out.

Amateur opinion and speculation

There still is a discrepancy on the date of purchase of the phone, supposedly under Brian’s AT&T account. Family lawyer says it was purchased on September 4th, but several articles are saying September 14th. Only one can be correct! The 14th is supposedly the date BL left to go hiking in Carlton Reserve, and according to the parents that was the last day they supposedly saw BL.

ETA: I frequently used the word “supposedly” because at this point nothing is a proven fact to my knowledge

Did he buy the new one and:

1) destroy the old one somewhere between Wyoming and Florida?
2) destroy the old one in Florida after 9/1?
3) keep the old one and lose it in the reserve?
4) keep the old one and it is currently being tracked/was tracked by the FBI?

IMO Brian probably destroyed his old phone so he can't be tracked anymore, went to AT&T with his mother to buy a new one so that if asked by LE he could say that he needed a new phone because he lost his old one (or to say that it broke and he threw it away), then left his new phone at home when he allegedly went into hiding and allegedly became a fugitive, and brought burner phones that he had bought with his parents or by himself with him on the run.

TLDR: Brian had his old phone and got rid of it, bought the new one from AT&T to mislead LE and left it at home, and bought at least 1 burner phone that he took with him on the run. IMO only

So this means that the Laundries at the very least knew he was on his way home on the 31st.

“Roberta Laundrie on Aug. 24 initially made reservations for two people to camp at Soto Park Campground in Saint Petersberg between Sept. 1-3, about 75 miles north of the family’s home in North Port, but she canceled those reservations on Aug. 31.

On Sept. 3, she made a new reservation for three people to camp on the weekend of Sept. 6-8. Other documents obtained by Fox News show the Laundries checked in to the campground on Sept. 6 and checked out on Sept. 8.”

Laundrie family changed De Soto campground reservations before Brian returned home, docs show

I did bring it into Photoshop and zoom in on it very close. It doesn't look like BL to me. The head is too light for a person with darkish brown hair, the head is too big, and the proportions look off to me, but the problem with the photo is that it's far too blurry in the background where that guy is to tell anything for sure. It could literally be any random guy walking in a campground.
It's him to my eyes, but also, it's corroborated by the fact the witness' name is listed under the campsite that is right next to the Laundrie's campsite.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same. This guy is tweeting to all the local reporters. I’ve never seen anything like it. He clearly drove the point home to the laundries about keeping their mouths shut and here he is yappity yapping. It’s like he can’t help himself. I hope he’s representing them pro bono as he’s supposed to be a family friend I thought. If I had this guy on my payroll and he yucked it up like he has been, I’d tell him to kick rocks by now.

I think he knows BL is going to be coming in soon so he’s now trying to turn the media and public perceptions into BL’s favor. With so much hate for this kid, his lawyer is starting to prepare for the courtroom. Why else would he start talking and give out information on his client?

I wonder if the FBI found the phone BL purchased on the 14th in the Reserve and that's why they continue to search there.
FBI in possession of new phone purchased by Laundrie family, attorney says | WFLA

I’m not sure if it’s a typo, or if I’m missing information—I believe the Laundries’ lawyer said the phone was purchased on the 4th. (Or did he buy another phone on the 14th?)

But I agree with you that they may have placed him at the reserve because of a phone.

lUhyFzZj_mini.jpg

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin
· 4m
Just talked to Dog's daughter Lyssa. "We are pretty sure that he is stashed out on those islands and mostly active after the parks are closed and everyone goes home." She says they have found personal items believed to be Laundrie's. Her interview and more on @NewsNationNow at 9

Lyssa Chapman
@BabyLyssaC

·
5m

Update: Dad, Francie and team are heading in from their search for the night. They will share their findings with me (the command center) and we will plan accordingly. #thehuntcontinues #BrianLaudrie

Just to keep myself straight is the assumption that FBI collected this phone when they gathered evidence right after his parents reported him missing? Is the lawyer just trying to respond to the rumours about burner phones by issuing this statement about it?

It’s quite unbelievable IMO - I’m sensing this lawyer may actually love the media spotlight as I can think of no other reason to confirm anything at all at this point
JMO

One of the big benefits to an FBI investigation (if you are representing the subject of an investigation) is they do not talk to the press except in carefully crafted press conferences (which are rare during an investigation IMO). Local LE you are often dealing with an elected sheriff who has an interest in appearing confident to the public and they are not bound by the same rules and regulations as the FBI so you may have daily updates from LE.

So confirming information like when your clients bought a phone when you know the FBI is not going to confirm something like that...doesn't make sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288