Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I alone in thinking it's very odd that his parents purchased a phone with an AT&T plan for him on the 4th?

What happened to the old one?

Even if he only used the old phone for texts and didn't have a voice plan, they could have just upgraded his plan. Did he toss his phone on the way back or before he left so that there wouldn't be pings?

But that doesn't make sense, since he was so careless about using the ATM card.

Was there something incriminating on his phone that made him physically destroy it?
Very odd. Since they said Gabby was a homicide victim, can they subpoena her phone records which would include all calls and text messages? So even if he destroyed her phone and his, the records and data would be available to authorities, I hope?

What is the point in texting this to the media? I don't see how this helps the Laundries and it is just feeding the media storm. I can't recall ever seeing someone give play-by-play updates while defending the subject (and parents of the subject) of an FBI investigation!

This! ^^^^
He must be only working for the parents because if he believed that he would also represent BL, he shouldn't be disclosing a single thing about anything much less texting it to reporters.

I’ve been a lurker on this forum for many years. My first thought when Gabby was missing was that she was dead, and that BL killed her. After we found out the long delays between when he arrived back in Florida, and then again, long delays when his parents said he went backpacking in the local nature reserve…my thought was his parents were buying time, he needed help, and he is somewhere in South America at this point, and has been for much of this month. Somewhere they don’t extradite from. I hope they find him, I don’t think it will happen…and I hope his parents are charged with obstruction of justice, or similar, if they have assisted him in leaving the country…which is, IMO, don’t come for me, what I think that they did. Does anyone know if BL speaks Spanish?

I am wondering why Brian didn't take Gabby's #vanlife van camping w/ his parents when he went?
Really odd, isn't it... considering he drove it across the country, Gabby's body hadn't been found, and although I think the Petito's were reluctantly calling whoever they could think of, it would make sense..

Maybe he busted the transmission, or something prosaic ... there is always the ordinary explanation, but... maybe his memories of 'camping' in that van were so terrible he couldn't bear to drive it one mile more.. so sensitive...

So this means that the Laundries at the very least knew he was on his way home on the 31st.

“Roberta Laundrie on Aug. 24 initially made reservations for two people to camp at Soto Park Campground in Saint Petersberg between Sept. 1-3, about 75 miles north of the family’s home in North Port, but she canceled those reservations on Aug. 31.

On Sept. 3, she made a new reservation for three people to camp on the weekend of Sept. 6-8. Other documents obtained by Fox News show the Laundries checked in to the campground on Sept. 6 and checked out on Sept. 8.”

Laundrie family changed De Soto campground reservations before Brian returned home, docs show
Well this is interesting information indeed - will work on updating the timeline with this info

Is it normal for police to be so non-communicative to reporters about why they are doing something - like continuing to search the nature preserve? I would think if they want the public's help and tips on this case they might throw us a bone as to what's going on.

I know! But they would only share if it helped them. And they're not sharing anything. That kind of makes me think they're not looking for a living fugitive, because they generally would share that.

I've always felt he'd only be in there if he had committed suicide, IMO. But I was also thinking about planted evidence. Like maybe the Mustang. Could there have been evidence that led LE to search for a "suicidal" or dead BL?

Today I heard again they were searching "in the water" in the Reserve-whatever that means-it's pretty much underwater these days altogether. But generally if I hear LE is searching "in the water" it generally isn't for a live fugitive. And I just looked at Google News and there are articles going back at least 7 days that talk about using divers in the search. That just doesn't jive with the live person search in my mind.

If he thinks that is evidence, I sure hope he did not disturb it and notified LE.

Only one problem I see with this is that Dog would have to have an article with BL’s scent on it so the K9’s can alert if it a place he’s been. Since RL and CL didn’t let Dog in when he stopped by I’m assuming he doesn’t have an item from the FBI evidence lock up. IMO. They probably won’t give out evidence to him since neither family involved hired him.

No, actually

Duane "Dog" Chapman discovered a campsite and fresh Monster can deep in the woods while searching Shell Island off the coast of Florida for Brian Laundrie Wednesday.

The Monster can showed no rust or faded colors, according to a Fox News Digital reporter on the scene with Chapman.
Gabby Petito: Florida park surveillance footage part of FBI investigation: LIVE UPDATES
I wonder if Brian drinks that. Would he be careless enough to drop it with a manhunt underway? Dog needs to bag it and have them DNA test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288