Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I alone in thinking it's very odd that his parents purchased a phone with an AT&T plan for him on the 4th?

What happened to the old one?

Even if he only used the old phone for texts and didn't have a voice plan, they could have just upgraded his plan. Did he toss his phone on the way back or before he left so that there wouldn't be pings?

But that doesn't make sense, since he was so careless about using the ATM card.

Was there something incriminating on his phone that made him physically destroy it?

We don’t know if the new phone is using his old number, or whether he changed his phone number entirely. MOO.

Gabby Petito: Florida park surveillance footage part of FBI investigation: LIVE UPDATES

LIVE Updates

Florida park surveillance footage part of FBI investigation
The FBI is looking at surveillance footage from the area of Florida’s Fort De Soto Park as part of their investigation into the whereabouts of Brian Laundrie, who has allegedly been missing since mid-September, Fox News has learned.

A spokesperson for the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to Fox News Digital on Wednesday that surveillance footage from Fort De Soto Park in Tierra Verde was being looked at as part of "the open and active investigation" being conducted by the FBI.

News of the FBI’s investigation of the footage was released after Fox News Digital requested surveillance videos from certain portions of the park and was told by a county spokesperson that the sheriff’s office was referring all records regarding the case to the FBI’s Denver field office.

North Port police: Searchers back out at Carlton Reserve
North Port Police Department Public Information Officer Josh Taylor tells Fox News that searchers "are out today" at the Carlton Reserve as Brian Laundrie's whereabouts remain unknown.

"Water levels have decreased, which was needed in some areas," he added.

Couple speaks about camping next to Laundrie’s at Fort De Soto park
Marci Newsom, who camped next to the Laundrie family at Fort De Soto park in early September, according to documents, tells NBC2 that “they kept to themselves”.

A selfie that the couple captured at their campsite shows a man walking in the background, possibly Brian Laundrie.

"If somebody I knew was missing, I wouldn’t be going camping,” her husband Kenny said to the station.

North Port resident returns to Laundrie home to water flowers after delivery

Laundrie family went camping without reporting Gabby Petito missing

Children, pets, people working from home. My rescue parrot hates any sort of noise outside the house and would be walking around screaming (and likely cussing occasionally lol) all day. I’d have to leave my house if this were my neighborhood. I know it’s been claimed that the neighbors are fine with this but I highly doubt that everyone in the area gave their consent for this.

My dog would probably freak out constantly with that kind of noise going on. I hadn't thought about that. If I were one of the neighbors, I would try to be as helpful as possible to LE and the media, but I would consider having my dog stay elsewhere during the day while we are at work.
Side note-the last time I drove down the street that the Laudries live on, I did notice a house that had all of the hurricane shutters installed. The snowbirds usually do this as part of leaving their homes for the off season in case of a hurricane. It made me think of how many empty homes there are right now in the surrounding areas. The hurricane shutters are a sure sign that the house is not currently occupied. Some snowbirds come back as early as October, but others do not come back until after the holidays. There could be some many empty homes for him to be comfortably hiding out in right now. And they would likely keep the electricity on to avoid issues with the humidity and mold.

Seems awfully lucky that they made a reservation for labor day on sept 3 and no problem....they get waterfront campsite no 1 ???? Aren't labor day reservations hard to get? jmo
Maybe they made the reservations in advance - even months ago.
Edited to add; oh. I just read more and, if I am understanding it correctly, they did make the reservations AFTER Brian came home. That sure was a last minute reservation. I guess either they just got lucky, or Brian told them about his plans to come home in time for them to secure a spot at the campsite.

Last edited:
I am a bit confused by this. We camp a lot and I don't remember every being asked about how many people were coming or even paying per person, except at a spot in Bryce. Usually, in my experience only, you pay for a tent, a camper or RV. Sometimes a group spot. Is this typical? I see Fox says they confirmed it, I just found it a little odd, but so much of this is, to me. Maybe someone who has stayed their knows if this spot usually asks for that (it wasn't clear on their website w/o walking thru registration myself.) Just this picture about rates.
When I camped over the summer we had to specify how many people were going to be there when I reserved. I don’t think it was a fee per person. I think they were trying to avoid over crowding. Which could be the case here too.

if your son came home and said he and his g/f broke up or his g/f took off somewhere, would you make a reservation at a campsite for her?
Normally, no.. But I'd be a bit nosy and slightly hesitant, if he was driving her van and her parents, which I suddenly decided not to ever speak to again on my son's instructions were ringing me in increasing panic and terror........ yea.. I'd give it a lot of thought and come up with no.. not this week, dearie.

For Dog’s sake, I hope the leads he’s following pan out because he’s speaking with certainty on a lot of things - most notably that Brian is alive - and it will look really bad for him if Brian is found dead. Same goes for that America’s Most Wanted guy who keeps claiming Gabby was beaten to death by Brian as if he knows for a fact… if the autopsy shows otherwise he’ll look bad too. /JMO

So, why lawyer up? For a break up?
One of the articles in a newspaper that was linked from a comment in either this thread or the previous one, stated that the lawyer said he knew the Laundries for 20 years. Maybe he is a family friend? Convenient. It would mean they didn’t have to go hunt for a lawyer. They could just ask him for advice as a friend. Maybe they hired him officially when things became more serious.

I am a bit confused by this. We camp a lot and I don't remember every being asked about how many people were coming or even paying per person, except at a spot in Bryce. Usually, in my experience only, you pay for a tent, a camper or RV. Sometimes a group spot. Is this typical? I see Fox says they confirmed it, I just found it a little odd, but so much of this is, to me. Maybe someone who has stayed their knows if this spot usually asks for that (it wasn't clear on their website w/o walking thru registration myself.) Just this picture about rates.
Depends on the park. We have a membership to a string of campgrounds that require it but have been to others that don't.

if your son came home and said he and his g/f broke up or his g/f took off somewhere, would you make a reservation at a campsite for her?

I don't think the early situation is as weird as many people do. I can think of a few plausible stories BL could have told his parents for the first couple of weeks. That Gabby met up with Rose and asked him to drive the van home and they are taking some time apart. That Gabby left him and he's really upset and he doesn't want to talk about it.

Keep in mind that we are viewing this in hindsight with the value of knowing what we know now.

To the best of our knowledge, BL had no previous criminal history. There was no documented history of DV as far as we knew. Gabby moved to Florida to be with Brian and they dated for years. I know that people can hide ugly things but as far as we know, their relationship could have been portrayed to their family and friends like it was on social media.

So if you are Brian's family knowing all of that, do you immediately assume he's a murderer or do you give him the benefit of the doubt until you are presented with evidence otherwise? IMO I have a hard time criticizing them for their behavior before 9/10 or so when it is clear that Gabby is missing. Then I think it is very fair to turn on your son and demand to know what happened. But before then?

And I know many people are very critical of BL's family not responding to Gabby's family's texts before 9/10 but I think we would have to know what Brian told them. If I went to my parents and told them my husband left me, there is 0% chance my parents would answer calls or texts from my inlaws. They love my husband but they would believe me and they wouldn't be interested in hearing from the family of the person who hurt their daughter.

But of course once the police show up at your door to take the van away, you have to realize something is very wrong and you can no longer trust what might have been the most logical explanation provided by your son at the time. JMO MOO and all of that

So this means that the Laundries at the very least knew he was on his way home on the 31st.

“Roberta Laundrie on Aug. 24 initially made reservations for two people to camp at Soto Park Campground in Saint Petersberg between Sept. 1-3, about 75 miles north of the family’s home in North Port, but she canceled those reservations on Aug. 31.

On Sept. 3, she made a new reservation for three people to camp on the weekend of Sept. 6-8. Other documents obtained by Fox News show the Laundries checked in to the campground on Sept. 6 and checked out on Sept. 8.”

Laundrie family changed De Soto campground reservations before Brian returned home, docs show

not following your logic ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member