Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabby Petito: Florida park surveillance footage part of FBI investigation: LIVE UPDATES

LIVE Update
JUST NOW

Dog the Bounty Hunter finds no conclusive Luandrie evidence on Wednesday
Duane, "Dog the Bounty Hunter," Chapman and his team found no conclusive evidence that Brian Laundrie was on Egmont Key by Wednesday evening.

Ideally, I think Dog could be useful if BL is spotted by someone who maybe isn’t keen on contacting LE, but would be fine reaching out to Dog. It’s not surprising that this lead didn’t locate BL. But, hopefully Dog’s involvement brings even more awareness and someone spots BL. Jmo

They knew. Otherwise, they would have reserved for FOUR.
I don’t understand this feeling. They reserved it after he had come home. If he had told them they broke up or whatever, of course they wouldn’t reserve a spot for her too. I don’t think this is the smoking “they knew” gun everybody is making it out to be.

Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie: Six key unanswered questions

As the manhunt for Mr Laundrie approaches its third week, here are the key unanswered questions in the case.

Where is Brian Laundrie?

How did Gabby Petito die?

Where is Brian Laundrie’s burner phone?

Why did the Laundries go camping, while ignoring desperate requests for help from the Petito’s?

Could authorities in Utah have done more to protect Ms Petito?

Will Brian Laundrie be charged in connection to Gabby Petito’s death?

So, why lawyer up? For a break up? When the cops arrive, you tell them they broke up and she's flying home. You don't hand them your lawyers's card and tell them Brian isn't available.

I think a lot of people would call a lawyer when the police show up with a warrant to take a van out of your driveway. Even just to understand what is the legal process here and what do we have to do.

For Dog’s sake, I hope the leads he’s following pan out because he’s speaking with certainty on a lot of things - most notably that Brian is alive - and it will look really bad for him if Brian is found dead. Same goes for that America’s Most Wanted guy who keeps claiming Gabby was beaten to death by Brian as if he knows for a fact… if the autopsy shows otherwise he’ll look bad too. /JMO

Someone had said to me earlier on social media - they think Dog is diverting attention to where he really is so the FBI can search in peace. I'm not sold on that, but it's an interesting theory. Anyone else think this may be?

Only one problem I see with this is that Dog would have to have an article with BL’s scent on it so the K9’s can alert if it a place he’s been. Since RL and CL didn’t let Dog in when he stopped by I’m assuming he doesn’t have an item from the FBI evidence lock up. IMO. They probably won’t give out evidence to him since neither family involved hired him.

speculation
Could he have gotten something from GP’s parents?

So, why lawyer up? For a break up? When the cops arrive, you tell them they broke up and she's flying home. You don't hand them your lawyers's card and tell them Brian isn't available.
a radical move, on anyone's part, .. considering he , Brian , actually had the real estate of Gabby, the van. If they believed Gabby was alive, they'd be concerned about accusations of theft, and whatnot.. fraud, etc....

<modsnip - opinion stated as fact>

It's a bit puzzling to report your son ' missing'.. and then close the door!!.. wierd.. you wouldn't see that in a hundred years. It is not what a parent who's child actually IS missing does.

Brian Laundrie seen buying cell phone from Florida store on day of disappearance, report says

Fox News Digital visited an AT&T store in North Port Monday, where an employee said they could not confirm or deny it was the store Brian was reportedly seen at. The employee said that all questions should be directed to corporate. Requests for comment to corporate have gone unanswered.

Speaking to Fox News Digital on Wednesday, Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino said the Laundries had purchased a cell phone sometime after Brian returned, but said he did not know the date of the purchase.

Bertolino confirmed that Brian Laundrie left the phone behind when he was last seen on Sept. 14, and said he believed the FBI had the device.

When asked why the Laundries had purchased a new cell phone, Bertolino responded: "Sorry I can’t speculate."
Oh NO!
Does this make his mother complicit?

We also found discarded footwear and sunglasses. Beach was empty this afternoon but Captain tells us it’s packed on weekends. #wheresbrian

FAfeJFfXEAUxhrU

https://twitter.com/mikerreports/status/1443366465277775874

@7:10 in this video we also have sandals....fwiw. Do we have a match??

I don't think the early situation is as weird as many people do. I can think of a few plausible stories BL could have told his parents for the first couple of weeks. That Gabby met up with Rose and asked him to drive the van home and they are taking some time apart. That Gabby left him and he's really upset and he doesn't want to talk about it.

Keep in mind that we are viewing this in hindsight with the value of knowing what we know now.

To the best of our knowledge, BL had no previous criminal history. There was no documented history of DV as far as we knew. Gabby moved to Florida to be with Brian and they dated for years. I know that people can hide ugly things but as far as we know, their relationship could have been portrayed to their family and friends like it was on social media.

So if you are Brian's family knowing all of that, do you immediately assume he's a murderer or do you give him the benefit of the doubt until you are presented with evidence otherwise? IMO I have a hard time criticizing them for their behavior before 9/10 or so when it is clear that Gabby is missing. Then I think it is very fair to turn on your son and demand to know what happened. But before then?

And I know many people are very critical of BL's family not responding to Gabby's family's texts before 9/10 but I think we would have to know what Brian told them. If I went to my parents and told them my husband left me, there is 0% chance my parents would answer calls or texts from my inlaws. They love my husband but they would believe me and they wouldn't be interested in hearing from the family of the person who hurt their daughter.

But of course once the police show up at your door to take the van away, you have to realize something is very wrong and you can no longer trust what might have been the most logical explanation provided by your son at the time. JMO MOO and all of that

I totally agree. This is what seems most logical to me.

MOO

Can tracking dogs even discriminate between two aromas? Potentially, BL would be wearing clothing that had GP's scent on it as well as a whole bunch of other people's (e.g. if he bought new clothes, they would have been handled by other customers). How are dogs supposed to know to fix on Brian? Perhaps this was why LE needed more items from the house: they had to find something that wouldn't have GP's scent on it, but would isolate BL's.
I have no idea, but my thinking goes something like this.

K9's are picking up on tiny skin cells, glands, sweat and possibly hormones that are unique to an individual. They aren't going to confuse two peoples unique scents.

They are given a scent with an item that has high concentration (such as pillow case, shirt, underwear). They go with the strongest scent which would be whomever wore it and disregard all other scents.

Police admit they didn’t see Brian Laundrie when they seized van from family home

Police in Florida have admitted they didn’t see Brian Laundrie when they went to his parent’s home on 11 September, raising the question of when was he last at the house.

Spokesman Josh Taylor told media on Wednesday police didn’t “spot” Mr Laundrie that night. The Laundries refused to cooperate with authorities and gave them the contact details for their family attorney.

MOO. I believe BL probably through the van life phone in swamp at Carlton Reserve. He and his mom went got new burner phone so he can say lost the one he threw. Then goes on the lam leaves burner at mom and dads. That's why LE continue to spend resources at Carlton.

IMO, if they lawyered up after the police came to the door with a warrant for the van, it would be less suspect than if they lawyered up before the police made contact with them. But that information is privileged so we can only speculate as to when and why they retained Bertolino, JMO.

a radical move, on anyone's part, .. considering he , Brian , actually had the real estate of Gabby, the van. If they believed Gabby was alive, they'd be concerned about accusations of theft, and whatnot.. fraud, etc....

But they knew she was not alive, because Brian had told them when he did his little hitchhike stuff into town to a phone, ...one could almost pinpoint Gabbys death by the time the Laundries stopped answering the phone.

It's a bit puzzling to report your son ' missing'.. and then close the door!!.. wierd.. you wouldn't see that in a hundred years. It is not what a parent who's child actually IS missing does.

What really takes the cake is the fact that BL and his parents were vacationing at this beautiful camping spot whilst Gabby's family were frantically contacting them for any information about their daughter (and the Laundrie's putative future daughter in law). And I understand their lawyer likely told them to be silent, but still, the kind of heart it takes to ignore those pleas is something astonishing.

No, actually

Duane "Dog" Chapman discovered a campsite and fresh Monster can deep in the woods while searching Shell Island off the coast of Florida for Brian Laundrie Wednesday.

The Monster can showed no rust or faded colors, according to a Fox News Digital reporter on the scene with Chapman.
Gabby Petito: Florida park surveillance footage part of FBI investigation: LIVE UPDATES

He could have put it there himself, and probably did. There is zero proof that's from BL.
Call me skeptical about this "Dog" hunt.

Normally, no.. But I'd be a bit nosy and slightly hesitant, if he was driving her van and her parents, which I suddenly decided not to ever speak to again on my son's instructions were ringing me in increasing panic and terror........ yea.. I'd give it a lot of thought and come up with no.. not this week, dearie.
Per GP's mom, it wasn't until day 8 or 9 that she really started to worry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member