Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
What really takes the cake is the fact that BL and his parents were vacationing at this beautiful camping spot whilst Gabby's family were frantically contacting them for any information about their daughter (and the Laundrie's putative future daughter in law). And I understand their lawyer likely told them to be silent, but still, the kind of heart it takes to ignore those pleas is something astonishing.
I for one do not know when Gabby's family first started reaching out to the Laundrie family members. I was under the impression that it was sept 10....does anyone know if it was earlier? jmo

Brian Laundrie ‘captured in selfie’ at campsite after Gabby Petito’s death - live

Updates

Laundrie family attorney gives “no comment” when asked why family took three days to report Brian Laundrie missing
Steven Bertolino, the attorney representing the Laundrie family, offered “no comment” when a reported asked him why Brian Laundrie’s parents took three days to report him missing.

Mr Laundrie’s parents claim he left home on 14 September and they reported him missing on 17 September. They said they were concerned he might hurt himself, but still waited days before they reported him missing.

….,

Dive teams back on site at Carlton Reserve
Dive teams are on site at the Carlton Reserve, according to reports from Florida.

The search for Brian Laundrie in the reserve have been scaled back in recent days, but dive teams are reportedly heading back out to search the swamp.

Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office confirm the FBI is checking surveillance footage from Fort DeSoto camp ground
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to Fox News that the FBI is looking at surveillance footage from cameras at the Fort DeSoto campgrounds where Brian Laundrie and his family camped between 6 September and 8 September.

A spokesman for the sheriff’s office said the footage was part of an active investigation which is why it is not being released.

MOO. I believe BL probably through the van life phone in swamp at Carlton Reserve. He and his mom went got new burner phone so he can say lost the one he threw. Then goes on the lam leaves burner at mom and dads. That's why LE continue to spend resources at Carlton.
I think they're looking for evidence there too, not a person.

These neighbors have to be fed up by now. And this completely makes people lose sight of what this is about - justice for Gabby.

It's possible its allowed due to creating trauma/chaos to the L's. The Fed's play dirty.....the bullhorners could be on the payroll. It's better than setting up speakers and blasting Barry Manilow and 9 Inch Nails 24 hours daily hahahaha

And I can't imagine BL drinking Monster.

Oh, I can.
I'm sure that neo-hippy stuff was just a façade and a thing he dabbled in. I think BL is a hypocrite and will use plastics and eat meat as long as no-one knows.
If he's on the run, he's going to need to stay awake.....Monster will quench his thirst and keep his mind ticking over.

Last edited:
MOO theory only. If BL had insurance on his phone, he could have gotten a new one from insurance as replacement. Said he lost his phone,it was broken, etc. Then went to AT&T and got a separate phone with RL. Left his replacement phone at home for LE to find and kept the AT&T phone.

I keep insurance on my phone. If I need to replace it the company sends me a replacement. I box up the broken phone and sent it back to the company. Just thinking out loud. Bouncing an idea.

Any thoughts on the L's doing some type of "service" for Gabby during their camping excursion? That's what LE should be looking for, a memorial set up for her, I could see them doing that. A way to close the door and get Brian to move on.

IMO when Gabby's family started calling the Laundries on the 10th is when Brian was forced to tell his parents the truth (or some version of it). That's when the Laundries lawyered up. IMO.

If Brian spoke to the lawyer alone on the 10th, the lawyer may have told him not to discuss it with anyone. He may have refused to tell his parents anything on the advice of counsel.

ETA: If your legal and ethical duty is to act in your client's best interest and give them personally the best advice, you are going to tell your client not to tell anyone what happened because those people (even parents) could tell the police what happened and it could be used against you. Most people here said they'd turn their child in. So you'd see why a defense lawyer would advise not speaking about the issue to anyone.

Last edited:
I am a bit confused by this. We camp a lot and I don't remember ever being asked about how many people were coming or even paying per person, except at a spot in Bryce. Usually, in my experience only, you pay for a tent, a camper or RV. Sometimes a group spot. Is this typical? I see Fox says they confirmed it, I just found it a little odd, but so much of this is, to me. Maybe someone who has stayed there knows if this spot usually asks for that (it wasn't clear on their website w/o walking thru registration myself.) Just this picture about rates.

where I am they not only ask # of people but each person's name and license plate # and any visitors as well

My take on the quote from the Scarlet Pimpernel:

“They seek him here, they seek him there.
Those searchers seek him everywhere.
Is he in heaven or is he in hell?”

I hope every day is a living in hell for him and he never knows a moment’s peace.

Imagine how they must have regarded her in life if this is how they do in death.

I know. Incredible, isn't it?
Does anyone know why the Laundries put their house back on the market so soon after they'd bought it? I wonder if Brian missed Gabby so much and gave them a hard time about it, maybe pressuring them to sell the house and buy another one closer to Long Island, NY.

This brings to my next theory: maybe Brian's parents allowed Gabby to move in with them solely to appease their son. Maybe they never wanted this arrangement, but keeping Brian happy was their priority.

I for one do not know when Gabby's family first started reaching out to the Laundrie family members. I was under the impression that it was sept 10....does anyone know if it was earlier? jmo
It sounds to me like the 10th was her first attempt. MOO

Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online
Gabby's mother Nicole Schmidt told DailyMail.com in an exclusive interview that on September 10 she reached out to Brian and his mother Roberta Laundrie trying to reach her daughter after she had not heard from Gabby since August 25.

'I texted Brian's mom that I was trying to get in touch with Gabby. I also texted Brian. I got no replies,' Schmidt said.

'I knew something was wrong,' she said. 'I felt something was off and I needed to get her reported missing immediately.'

She went to report Gabby missing later that day but police initially blew her off. The next day, she was allowed to file a report with the Suffolk County police department.

What really takes the cake is the fact that BL and his parents were vacationing at this beautiful camping spot whilst Gabby's family were frantically contacting them for any information about their daughter (and the Laundrie's putative future daughter in law). And I understand their lawyer likely told them to be silent, but still, the kind of heart it takes to ignore those pleas is something astonishing.

With great respect, this isn't factually correct. Mrs. Petito herself has stated that she first contacted Brian and his mother on 9/10. This was after the Laundrie family weekend camping trip.
  • Schmidt tells DailyMail.com that on September 10 she texted Brian and his mother Roberta trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied

Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500