Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a thought, not sure if it's been discussed.

The statement from BL's lawyer says that BL purchased a phone on 9/4 and that it wasn't a burner as BL opened a new account with AT&T.

Why would he open a NEW account if he just lost his old phone? Did he and GP share an account? I know I've shared accounts with boyfriends in the past, and given BL's controlling nature we've heard about, I wouldn't be remotely surprised if he talked GP into it. If he told his parents they just broke up, it wouldn't be suspicious to them for him to open a new account.

I'm inclined to agree, except that I believe BL put them in an impossible position and deferring to the advice of an attorney seems like the most reasonable thing to do. On or after the 10th, they were definitely consulting him on everything. I don't and will never believe that all 3 of them are sociopaths, as many have suggested. I'm not even on board with believing BL is, though I'll humor it.
Oh, no. The parents are not in an impossible position. Hard, yes. Impossible? NO! They could have done the right thing but they chose to champion evil.

I believe if BL purchased a phone on Sept 14th he is alive. The fact he wanted a phone before he disappeared tells me he planned on using it. The fact an older woman was with him I’m sure is under scrutiny and she will be questioned about her involvement as well. Video surveillance should expose the identity of that woman.

The place where this all goes off the rails for me before Gabby's family tries to communicate with Brian's is when he shows up alone in her van. Maybe his parents didn't know the arrangements on the van (I'm doubting that they think he owned the van because he doesn't even own "his own" car) but no matter what the explanation, I just find this to be so so sketchy.

I get that parents can't force a 24 year-old man to do anything, but if you want to live in my house, I am going to need some deep clarity about how you ended up home from a road trip in your girlfriend's vehicle without your girlfriend. Son, wherever your girlfriend is at the moment, and whatever the state of your relationship...get her car and her possessions back to her.
We don't know what he told them. In his (probable) heads-up, I'm coming home call he may have told them that Gabby had flown to NY. He was the primary driver on their trip, so it may not have been weird that he drove the van home, whether they thought he was the owner of it or not. They may have thought that he owned it, but even Gabby's mom was quoted as saying in an interview "they bought the van"....so maybe neither set of parents knew that it was Titled as Gabby's. jmo

Gosh, yeah, I saw this. I'm guessing that's BL's father yelling about people being on his property? If that's how he handles his anger, it makes me wonder about the environment BL was brought up in and the influences he had in his formative years. That man's rage is palpable and scary.
I believe it is being reported as a neighbor of the Laundries.

Broken record...

From things Rose said, like BL taking GP’s ID so she couldn’t leave, plus the altercation in Moab where he seemingly took her phone and keys, to his five day trip home from 8/17 through the 8/23, leaving GP in a hotel, it appears BL might have a pattern of isolating her. Add to that the unverified reports of seeing him alone acting weird in the van on 8/26 and drinking alone in West Yellowstone that night, it might be that he left her alone at the campsite regularly. It's why I don't think those unverified sources are unrealistic.

The bigger picture, imo, still leads me to think it is possible that after the Merry Piglets incident, he was angry and he left her alone at Spread Creek campground, with the van, but without the keys or her phone, while he went hiking for two days. This would be typical isolating behavior for him, imo.

If he knew he’d left GP stranded without her phone and alone in the campground, the last thing he would want is for the lady who he hitchhiked with back to the campground to then drive him to the van and have GP tell her what he had done. So, he insists on getting out at the entrance.

His text to GP’s mom on 8/27, about Stan, maybe wasn’t even him making a mistake and wanting her mom to think it was her. Maybe it was BL asking for Stan to stop calling (or whatever) because he had her phone on him and was sick of it. By the 30th, she was dead and he wanted no contact, so he wrote the Yosemite text, which basically was saying there would be no more phone reception, so no more contact. IDK.

The general consensus seems to be that he left for his hike after killing her (for an alibi, maybe), but I still can’t grasp him taking off, leaving her body near the van for easy identification if she were to be found, all while he’s still in the park boundaries and on foot. It just doesn’t make sense for him to do that, then hitchhike back to the crime scene. I can’t get past this.

What is everyone's thoughts regarding the validity of Chris McDonough's claim that he knows the secret Twitter account of BL? If he's wrong he has blasted a private individual's personal information (full name, street address) to 100k Youtube viewers & spawned 1000s of people to share this individual's info on social media.
I personally do not give any credibility to that particular claim. I firmly believe based on my research that the Twitter account is not Brian Laundrie. (Also given that our phones and those apps mine tons of data…if he had logged onto that twitter account previously, since 2016, from his old phone or while at his old house, his data would show that, and the FBI I’m sure has his data). Additionally, the person that CM traced back to the home address on TripAdvisor simply shares the same username, on a different platform, as the man from twitter. The man from twitter and the man from TripAdvisor (with the reported home address) are, as far as I can tell with extensive research, different people entirely, with just sharing a common username on different apps.

It makes me uncomfortable that those lines were publicly drawn.

I don’t think there are valuable or authentic ties there. It is very tenuous line that was traced back, IMHO not worth giving voice to.

@Swild

This is worth repeating.

"By now the whole world knows BL and his family <modsnip>. He buys a new phone with no concern that GP might call to get her van and her belongings? He and his parents knew she wouldn't and why she couldn't. Did they think she would just give him the van? Or that she'd say keep all of my belongings? There is no way they didn't know what happened. They are just as guilty IMHO."

I would just like to add, if you don't mind, this would line up with gabby's mother's missing report statement saying that gabby's destination was her home in New York. I'll go look for the link in the documents and media thread and come back and add it here.

Here is an article that states that GP's probable destination was NY: Brian Laundrie manhunt: Florida park documents confirm family camped out after Gabby Petito disappearance

That is very interesting - it didn't register with me before. Had GP told her mother that she would be returning to NY rather than her home in Florida at the Laundries'?

EDIT - it could also be that she had to say that in order to file a missing person's report in NY? I don't know.

Last edited:
Right, but I can’t really see a reason where it would be in their interest to share that information. The investigation is still underway.

I agree. It's not in their best interest to say anything now. But the original post I responded to wondered if HIPAA was preventing his parents and/or LE from divulging BL's known location (the implication being he is currently hospitalized.) As your post states a health care provider could contact LE under certain conditions. But I was responding to the notion his parents might be muzzled by HIPAA. And they aren't. They are not a keeper of medical records nor a provider who keeps records. So I don't think HIPAA plays a role, at least not now. Of course, medical issues could play a role in this case in the future. We can't know one way or the other right now.
JMO

Oh, I missed that. Has it been reported how GP parents learned he came home in the van without her? From what I understand, police didn't actually see BL on the 10th or 11th.

Good point. How and when did Gabby's parents learn that Gabby wasn't with BL. If that has ever been pointed out, I have missed it too.

Does anyone have any idea about the answer?

Last edited:
You know what I find odd? No other social media accounts for Gabby or Brian other than the the two IG accounts, Gabby's fb and the Depop. Kids today are all about their social media and yet we see nothing about them from high school, or before they were together. I've looked and looked and found nothing. There's got to be some other social media out there.

I’m surprised that we haven’t heard many reports from the areas / gas stations / stores / drive-thrus that Brian stopped at on his drive home from WY to FL. I am very curious why more people haven’t come forward with this, or if they have but the FBI has asked them not to speak publicly. I’d think by this point, there would be definitive accounts backed up by CCTV footage that store owners would come out with or confirm.

I believe they have a lot of reports and videos from his trip home. All of the ones we are privy to were exposed by social media enthusiasts. Remember, we would have never known about the Merry Piglet restaurant if a customer had not posted a video. The staff was told not to speak of it.
We are getting leaks and very few of those.

Maybe a dumb idea, but what are the chances mom and dad, knowing BL was heading home, made arrangements for someone to pick him up from the campground by boat, and take him to another country that way?
This is Florida, peninsula surrounded on three sides with water. Unless Brian's parents had delivered to or rented a car for him, Brian is land-locked and vulnerable. His only other route out is airplane or boat. With the highways of this country packed with LE having Brian's face seared to their forebrains, the Gulf of Mexico and the thousands of inlets, lagoons and tiny islands would be mighty tempting. MOO

I’m surprised that we haven’t heard many reports from the areas / gas stations / stores / drive-thrus that Brian stopped at on his drive home from WY to FL. I am very curious why more people haven’t come forward with this, or if they have but the FBI has asked them not to speak publicly. I’d think by this point, there would be definitive accounts backed up by CCTV footage that store owners would come out with or confirm. <RSBM>

I have been thinking about this too, and I'm guessing that the FBI probably has collected this info as they gather evidence - and as you say, have asked that it not be shared with MSM. It probably has followed the use of the ATM card, painting a by-the-hour picture of BL's journey back to FL. JMO.

Although, I swear that I read (on one of these threads) something about confirmation of the card's use at a particular gas station, but of course I can't remember the thread #, and can't find it via MSM, so MOO to the max.

You know what I find odd? No other social media accounts for Gabby or Brian other than the the two IG accounts, Gabby's fb and the Depop. Kids today are all about their social media and yet we see nothing about them from high school, or before they were together. I've looked and looked and found nothing. There's got to be some other social media out there.
GP definitely had Snapchat as reported by her mother and a friend.

I had a thought...you know how they were able to see where phones were pinging at the Capitol on 1/6? I wonder if they would be able to know if a phone was pinging from the swamp. Of course, there were probably many phones pinging from the campground, so it probably wouldn't be helpful there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member