Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a thought...you know how they were able to see where phones were pinging at the Capitol on 1/6? I wonder if they would be able to know if a phone was pinging from the swamp. Of course, there were probably many phones pinging from the campground, so it probably wouldn't be helpful there.
They would certainly be able to see if the phone was pinging at the swamp. They would even know exactly who the phone belongs to. This is why I think they may be searching the swamp. To find evidence because he was there at some point. They would be able to look at pings at the campground as well regardless how many people were there they would still know if BL was there if his phone was turned on.

It's not unusual at all imo for people of their age to not have a Facebook, and Twitter accounts really depend on the person. I don't have a Facebook account, and do have a Twitter but it only has nickname with no surname as the listed name, is private and has been updated maybe ~20 times in the 8 years I've had it, in times I've 'tried to get into' Twitter. It's just not for me though, at least in terms of posting my own thoughts - I do search for news etc sometimes, but only because I visit the homepage for work purposes. Neither GP or BL strike me as the typical Twitter user (although I'm willing to be wrong of course - just my opinion).

We do know Gabby had a Snapchat account. I'm a little older, 26, but I don't think it's unusual and I think young people are much less 'on' social media than older people think - in my experience, we're quite savvy about personal data and staying private. Even if people do have SM accounts, eg a TikTok or personal YouTube account, it may well just be for ease of viewing other people's content rather than sharing their own, and therefore isn't as publicly obvious or identifiable. All my humble opinion, of course :)
Thank you. I do believe there are other accounts, more private that would be hard to find. I just haven't been very successful at finding them. :)

You know what I find odd? No other social media accounts for Gabby or Brian other than the the two IG accounts, Gabby's fb and the Depop. Kids today are all about their social media and yet we see nothing about them from high school, or before they were together. I've looked and looked and found nothing. There's got to be some other social media out there.
Not proof of any kind, but I have a friend with a daughter 2 years younger than Gabby that spent a lot of time in trouble for her use of Snapchat (the one that deletes after 7 seconds or whatever). Those kids are smart enough to use apps that don't come back to haunt you later in life lol

This might have been addressed in an earlier thread but I am having problems trying to keep up.

When is the autopsy supposed to be released?
There has been no timeline provided for this. The parents, as of the memorial Sunday, didn’t have her body yet, it was still in WY. It can take up to 6 weeks for toxicology reports. I’m not sure if they will announce it, I’m not sure how it will go.

Apparently a neighbor claimed to see Brian outside on the 10th. The couple across the street said he was walking and/or biking with his mom as if everything was normal. Imo

Yes. But how did Gabby's parents find out that Gabby wasn't with BL? It seems that maybe someone from the Laundrie household must have spoken with the police to advise them. (Even if it was perhaps after the missing person's report was filed.)

And if that is the case, then the police probably already have some kind of story as to why Gabby wasn't with BL. Likely that would be whatever BL's story to his parents was. imo

There are pinterest accounts for GP and BL, and Gabby had a tiktok account. I don’t have the links handy but they are linked in previous threads.

I’m actually surprised that all their social is so public, but it makes sense given they were trying to do #vanlife on social media. That’s one reason I think that this case garnered so much attention. My Instagram is private, and my Facebook very private in settings, so people wouldn’t be able to go back on those and find out “who I was”. Whereas we could do that with GP and BL and feel like we “knew” them. MOO. My twitter isn’t linked to my name but is public and people would have a field day with that, though!

ETA: I think for their #vanlife stuff and in that age range, Instagram & TikTok are the most popular social media sites. Instagram leads the charge for that age group 100%. Not surprised they don’t have public FB.

Would be VERY surprised if Brian doesn’t have a Reddit account that simply isn’t linked to his name and therefore not found. He seems like a Reddit guy. MOO

Thank you. I do believe there are other accounts, more private that would be hard to find. I just haven't been very successful at finding them. :)

Last edited:
Do you think that they are searching Carlton for the phone?? I believe the FBI is not using all this manpower based on the Mustang being parked there and the parents saying he is there. I think he is somewhere else.

Looks like they took the tip seriously enough to search. I am pretty sure this #BrianLaundrie dude is hiding in Fort De Soto Park. A bunch of islands, easy to camp in, no big predators. An ex military family member of mine thinks they saw him there.

Peace River Search & Rescue joined search for Brian Laundrie in Fort De Soto Park
Peace River Search and Rescue assisted Dog the Bounty Hunter in Fort De Soto Park Wednesday.
nbc-2.com

Would he have to have a boat to get to all the islands. A local said one you could walk to a low tide. I'm not at all familiar with area.

That's one of the best points that's been made here in days. It strongly suggests that there'd been a break between GP and BL before she disappeared.
It would have to suggest that GP mom knew of the break (she said everything was fine per last convo). To me, all this suggests is that they were headed back to NY after Halloween.

Looks like they took the tip seriously enough to search. I am pretty sure this #BrianLaundrie dude is hiding in Fort De Soto Park. A bunch of islands, easy to camp in, no big predators. An ex military family member of mine thinks they saw him there.

Peace River Search & Rescue joined search for Brian Laundrie in Fort De Soto Park
Peace River Search and Rescue assisted Dog the Bounty Hunter in Fort De Soto Park Wednesday.
nbc-2.com

IMO this is a very credible and reliable SAR dog team. They run incredible HRD dogs. I'm sure they are solid on live find as well. Very interesting they offered to help. They work mainly with LE, but have done private work as well. I'm intrigued and wish them well.

This! The fight was so bad that you had to cancel her dream mid-trip but not so bad that she needed to take her very expensive property back? They must've known something was off, but would never have guessed the truth. To be a fly on the wall of that living room...

MOO
He could have simply told his parents that they ended their relationship. They agreed he would drive the van home, and she would fly to her parents. They didn’t want to drive together because they were DONE. Oh, and she’s coming down to pick up her stuff in a few days - I don’t want to be here when she comes to get the van—so let’s go camping so I don’t have to see her when she shows up with her mom to get her stuff and drive her van home. If I were a parent and my kid told me that - I’d likely believe it.

After the 10th/11th though? Not sure what to make of his parents’ actions (or inactions). Part could be attributed to terrible legal counsel, but not all of it. IMO

MOO

This might have been addressed in an earlier thread but I am having problems trying to keep up.

When is the autopsy supposed to be released?

Maybe never. According to Wyoming law, the public info is limited to name, age, cause, and manner of death. I don't know if that means the COD has to be released by a certain time though. Coroner | Teton County, WY

But assuming someone is charged with her murder, I'd think we'd see the autopsy details released in court.
JMO

I need to try to backread so apologies if this has been covered. I don't get this whole burner phone thing. BL and "older" female (MOO Mom) buy a burner phone the same day he pulls his Houdini act. This is the same phone he "left behind".

What happened to his previous phone that necessitated buying a new one? Has the family friend/attorney addressed this?

All the talk the past week about how he left his phone and wallet behind and the FBI have the phone blah blah blah. Well who cares? There won't be much on it that is useful I wouldn't think. The really important stuff will be on whatever phone mysteriously disappeared that he was using at the time Gabby was killed.

The fact that the new phone was purchased same day as his going MIA makes it seem like he wanted a phone to purposefully leave behind?

IMO the phone is not suspicious at all. A lot of people lose their phones The phone was openly purchased and LE has records of it. Where concerns would be are if BL does have a burner phone or phones that LE does not know about. And of course, none of us have any knowledge of thst. What we know, we can pretty much guarantee LE knows unless it’s fast breaking news someone off the information grid releases.
The phone isn't my issue. It's the NEW account. You don't have to open a new account to replace a lost phone.

What is the point of the new account? Especially if he just left the phone home?

You know what I find odd? No other social media accounts for Gabby or Brian other than the the two IG accounts, Gabby's fb and the Depop. Kids today are all about their social media and yet we see nothing about them from high school, or before they were together. I've looked and looked and found nothing. There's got to be some other social media out there.

When my kids were young and in high school, social media was not a thing. But today, as we all know, it is a thing. In dealing with sm I know some of my extended family members do not allow their kids on social media until a certain point, certain age, level of maturity. ...The fact that there is no social media footprint prior to a certain point for either GP or BL could just very well be they weren't permitted to participate until a certain point. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998