GUILTY UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham Common area, 3 Mar 2021 *Life sentence* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

He either spotted the unmarked car outside and thought to reset his phone. Or maybe he was tipped off by someone - seems too coincidental that they enter just after the reset! The telegraph reported that officers waited outside for 2 hours before entering the property.
Remember the user (badger?) who lived opposite the house who talked about the ambulance being outside in the days before along with the 4x4 undercover car being parked up on the street.[/QUOTE]

The ambulance, it was established, had been to a different house. But I do remember talk about a 4x4 being parked in the street. Maybe that was the Police waiting to go in. Assume they needed authority to do the interview before going in, but I also wonder if he was tipped off before they got there. Time to wipe his phone and concoct a story.

did Sarah live alone? just wondering in terms of the "arrest" I think once you lived alone you were allowed visit another househould as part of your "bubble".Maybe she could have argued that with him. Probably pointless anyway, this monster was determined

And here comes the politicians all out in force for point scoring. That’ll do for me.
Well done to the real police officers and investigators in finding what happened.
RIP Sarah, love to her family and rot in hell WC.

As it happens, I am “legally qualified.”

I have a Law degree and am a corporate solicitor, I have nothing to do with criminal law day-to-day by any means, but I will say clearly here and now:

if an unaccompanied, plain-clothes, unmarked car-driving, male officer attempted to make me go into custody by waving a badge and telling me I had breached this, that and the other law or regulation be it COVID or what, I would now, not immediately trust and defer to him that this was true or arguable.

I would ask for other verification, argue “the toss” and kick up a fuss if required.

My inherent trust and respect is gone. For good.

He either spotted the unmarked car outside and thought to reset his phone. Or maybe he was tipped off by someone - seems too coincidental that they enter just after the reset! The telegraph reported that officers waited outside for 2 hours before entering the property.
Remember the user (badger?) who lived opposite the house who talked about the ambulance being outside in the days before along with the 4x4 undercover car being parked up on the street.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he just watched the news. By then early evening the Poynders Road crime scene was on the news. If he saw that, and saw officers in that location, even with his v dim brain he must have surmised they knew it was the scene as a result of some info (cctv/witness evidence) so perhaps realised the net might be closing so needed to remove gps evidence of his movements. And possibly more horrific information that would possibly have incriminated him had it fallen into evidence. I think the police were maybe waiting to see what he was going to do in response to that scene being made public. And when he made no movements, they then got the go ahead as a result for more formal confirmation of some things such that they could arrest him under suspicion of kidnap.

did Sarah live alone? just wondering in terms of the "arrest" I think once you lived alone you were allowed visit another househould as part of your "bubble".Maybe she could have argued that with him. Probably pointless anyway, this monster was determined
You could only have one household as your bubble though. Hers would have been with her boyfriend or family.
She could have visited her friend as long as they stayed outside, unlikely on a cold winter night.
One does wonder how he would have dealt with someone who had stayed firmly within the rules.

Traumatised McDonald's worker reveals how half-naked Wayne Couzens flashed her | Daily Mail Online

A McDonald's worker today revealed how Wayne Couzens exposed himself to her three weeks before killing Sarah Everard.

The woman said she was working at a drive-thru on the A20 near Swanley in Kent at the start of February when she saw Couzens pulling up by the order hatch with his trousers down.

The staff member - who said she recognised Couzens from the news coverage after he was identified as Miss Everard's killer, told MailOnline: 'The whole has thing left me quite disturbed. He casually pulled up to the serving hatch having ordered his food and I could clearly see that he was naked from below the waist.

'It was not the first time that he had done this when he came to McDonald's, but I was the only female member of staff to report it. I'm glad I took a stand and alerted the authorities because it was the right thing do. But I never imagined that he would go on to murder a woman, it's tragic.'

You could only have one household as your bubble though. Hers would have been with her boyfriend or family.
She could have visited her friend as long as they stayed outside, unlikely on a cold winter night.
One does wonder how he would have dealt with someone who had stayed firmly within the rules.

The last 18 months has been a crazy time with the lockdowns and restrictions If the Covid pandemic never happened could he have committed this crime? I don’t think he could have done this 2 years ago he has exploited the rare situation for his own wickedness

Last edited:
Remember the user (badger?) who lived opposite the house who talked about the ambulance being outside in the days before along with the 4x4 undercover car being parked up on the street.

Maybe he just watched the news. By then early evening the Poynders Road crime scene was on the news. If he saw that, and saw officers in that location, even with his v dim brain he must have surmised they knew it was the scene as a result of some info (cctv/witness evidence) so perhaps realised the net might be closing so needed to remove gps evidence of his movements. And possibly more horrific information that would possibly have incriminated him had it fallen into evidence. I think the police were maybe waiting to see what he was going to do in response to that scene being made public. And when he made no movements, they then got the go ahead as a result for more formal confirmation of some things such that they could arrest him under suspicion of kidnap.[/QUOTE]

Yes, god knows what was on his SIM card ..

Do you think, now he has been given a whole life sentence, he will give answers - details. Because reading the family statements, that could have helped them earlier - they were clearly tormented by not knowing what happened when and how. But now he's been committed for life and isn't trying to get a lesser sentence, do you think he will actually answer those questions - like when and where she was killed (a timeframe).

He took a calculated guess with a woman walking along the street on that night at that time, that he could stop her and use some police-speak and lean on her, IMO, and give some kind of plausible story that some regulation or other had been stretched, perhaps.

And for those who thought he might have backed down with a slightly less middle-class woman — I disagree, I think the more compliant / worried about breaching a rule class technically, type, would have helped his plan. Someone less bothered about getting things wrong, may have argued more. He banked on that IMO. Having grown up very poor and become a lawyer, I know both sides.

I observed lockdown regulations, but I didn’t find them “good law”, and quite honestly, ripe for questionable stops, arrests and prosecutions. Not blaming anyone at all other than Couzens here, just saying: bad laws cause unforeseen problems.

There is no issue as to whether SE broke the covid rules.
We don't even know what WC said to her that evening or who her supposed bubble was so it's pointless speculating IMO.

It was WC who took advantage of so called Covid rules, that was spelled out in Court today.

HE took advantage.

The last 18 months has been a crazy time with the lockdowns and restrictions If the Covid pandemic never happened could he have committed this crime?

Well he certainly took advantage of the pandemic, which is sick enough, as well as advantage of being a police officer. I expect she was honest about where she had been and he was heavy with her about covid rules. And that ultimately led to his fake arrest. He simply took advantage of her being out at night alone though. And even if she hadn't been to see a friend, I am sure he would still have done the same - giving some other reason for handcuffing her - he had intent.

But I also now would insist on phoning someone if stopped by the police.

I wasn't there but what I will say is if WC was under surveillance it would be far more more subtle than four unmarked cars parked up. WC and the neighbours wouldn't have had a scooby's.

Do you think, now he has been given a whole life sentence, he will give answers - details. Because reading the family statements, that could have helped them earlier - they were clearly tormented by not knowing what happened when and how. But now he's been committed for life and isn't trying to get a lesser sentence, do you think he will actually answer those questions - like when and where she was killed (a timeframe).

I do not think he will reveal what he did. It would be something so horrific that he will not want to admit to having done it.

He also keeps power by staying silent.

With a whole life order you can always find some grounds for appeal, even if only the predictable 'manifestly excessive' ground. At this point he's just going through the motions, no judge or Home Secretary in their right minds would ever consider this appeal seriously.
I'll sleep better knowing my sisters and their unborn daughters and granddaughters won't ever have to fear WC. I trust that keeping SE's memory forever present will deter further action on WC's behalf. MOO

Why the US locks up prisoners for life

I do not think he will reveal what he did. It would be something so horrific that he will not want to admit to having done it.

He also keeps power by staying silent.

Yes that is probably right. And in that case he has no remorse or care for her family's feelings. They can only imagine the worst. And it is the worst whatever happened, but the uncertainty of what happened when must be horrific.

I can live in hope! I’m never ever normally like this, but in these cut and dried cases I want the murderer to live a scared, miserable existence. A cold room, eating cold bland food and water only and just generally having a **** life.
All moo

I wish there was a way of them having a taste of that BEFORE they do the crime, then maybe some of them wouldn't. I have a lot of respect for how the judge carried out his duties here. The whole life sentence brings a bit of calm, that it's the greatest sentence that could be imposed, and is the deserved sentence. But without the ability to turn back the clock, it doesn't ease what he's done at all. There's no way to take away the suffering that Sarah endured nor the pain that her family will always endure. If only there was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine