Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with all the talking the Laundries attorney has all of a suddenly decided to share, the fact that LE is still searching the Reserve, and the fact that its LE that has all the evidence from that house,van,mustang and all the electronic footsteps that something is about to bust wide open, an investigation is suppose to be done in silence, they are working, not posing for cameras with every aluminum can they find....i dont think it will be long now!! IMO

I would just like to add, if you don't mind, this would line up with gabby's mother's missing report statement saying that gabby's destination was her home in New York. I'll go look for the link in the documents and media thread and come back and add it here.

I caught that too. I’m wondering if GP mom knew that there was trouble in the relationship and GP was going to be coming back to NY.
Otherwise, wouldn’t she have reported that she would have been going back to FL?
Unless the plan was always for them to go back to NY before heading to FL to finalize their trip. Who knows. IMO.

That's true. But the same would be true calling them from the road and confessing. Either way, once his parents found out, they became a liability. All the more reason I have to entertain the idea that maybe they didn't know until closer to the time GP's mom contacted them. And maybe that's why BL took off 4 days later. Even without her body yet found, by then suddenly everyone had a pretty good idea what he had done.
Yes, that's all true and definitely plausible. To clarify, I didn't really mean "rat out" like turn him in. I meant, how did he know that RL wouldn't respond to GP mom's text saying "What are you talking about? BL is home with us". He could've just been lucky but banking on being that lucky is difficult to accept.
To be clear, I haven't been able to find a situation that doesn't have one of these "but that doesn't fit because..." Your scenario makes the most sense but really nothing makes sense.

I think with all the talking the Laundries attorney has all of a suddenly decided to share, the fact that LE is still searching the Reserve, and the fact that its LE that has all the evidence from that house,van,mustang and all the electronic footsteps that something is about to bust wide open, an investigation is suppose to be done in silence, they are working, not posing for cameras with every aluminum can they find....i dont think it will be long now!! IMO

According to this article, on Aug. 31, RL canceled previously made camping plans for two people from Sept. 1-3. It makes sense that she knew her son was coming home by Aug. 31. Then on Sept. 3, she reserved a spot for the three of them for Sept. 6-8.

So, while I think it's likely BL called his parents from the road and told them what happened, I have to entertain the idea that possibly he called them and told them he was coming home, but told them something else about GP. If they took a break after the Moab altercation, maybe his parents figured this was another break and had no idea about GP's death when he came home. If it's accurate that GP's mom didn't try to get ahold of them until the 9th or 10th, what's to say BL's parents didn't just think GP was with her folks, or whatever, for those 10 days. If BL made up a plausible story, they had no reason not to go about life, camping, buying a new phone, etc., none the wiser. Until GP's mom starts trying to communicate. Then, maybe his parents were like, "Hey, Bri, what's this? I thought you said she was at home?" (Or whatever...). If they questioned him and he finally fessed up, it was probably shock, figuring out what to do next, and calling the lawyer. IDK...
Looking at the weather history, Tampa got about 2 inch of rain on the 2nd, that may be the only reason they cancelled.

And based on not being able to get ahold of either of them on the phone #s she had, she would have every reason to be extremely concerned and to alert the Laundrie family that perhaps BOTH GP and BL were missing.

Again, the lack of response by the Laundrie family to this very alarming situation is unfathomable. If I were GP's mother and did not have a response from either of them, I would likely be contacting LE in the last place they were known to be. I believe that would have been Grand Teton National Park, as GP had done the video chat with Mom on 8/25.
I am guessing that they may have called Yellowstone as well. That's where Gabby told her mom they were heading, after Teton. JMO

Can we clear the confusion? Brian Entin tweeted that SB said it's not a burner phone. So why are people saying it was a burner phone?
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
2h

1/2 New text from Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino: "I can confirm that a phone was purchased on September 4, 2021 and Brian opened an account with AT&T for that phone. (Not a burner.) ...

I would like to know this too. I asked yesterday and someone replied that it was later determined to be a misunderstanding, but there were no links provided so I am not sure. There is a whole, whole lot we the public do not know about what happened between the police stop in Moab on Aug. 12 and Brian showing up at home on Sept. 1! MOO
That's probably referencing the text about "no service in Yosemite".

ETA: I believe that text was sent on the 30th of August.

Question. If they talked to nobody how did they find out Gabby’s van was at Brian’s parents home. I believe Gabby’s family were all in NY.

I have a few guesses, but I don't know how they found out Brian and the van had left the road trip and they were both back at the Laundries home in Florida.

“For instance, while working a case searching for a gun used in a homicide, I found just the barrel in the mud. But that was enough for the crime lab, which confirmed through ballistics that it came from the gun used in the shooting.”

Says Lundborg, “You never know what you’re going to find under the water. About 20 years ago, before my time, one of our divers found a bucket full of concrete which he thought was an anchor—but there was a head inside.”
What Lies Beneath: How to Set Up a Police Dive Unit

All criminal investigations and crime scene investigations work on the premise of Locard’s Theory: (Oversimplified), “. This can be summarized as, “An exchange takes place between the person and the object or environment when they come into contact with one another.”

For example, when a person stands on the shore and throws an object into the water, the person’s fingerprints, sweat, skin and even minute fragments of fabric, from their clothing may be found on the item. Additionally, the soil, water, and microscopic materials in the environment may attach the subject’s shoes, pant legs, clothing, and skin. As such, every item has the potential to contain smaller minute items of forensic interest. This can include items such as:
  • Fingerprints
  • Trace evidence
  • Tool marks
Evidence Recovery: What You Need to Know Solve the Crime - SDI | TDI | ERDI | PFI

A gun isn’t sitting there on the sand for you to see it. It’s below the silt layers, and we have to get down there and search by feel. A lot of our waterways are contaminated and we have to wear special drysuits and full face masks. The idea is to not let the water touch you and definitely not to ingest it.

Evidence is always going to be hiding in the water. It surrounds us and it’s an easy dumping ground. You don’t have to dig a hole—you just flick your wrist. The people who put these items in the water never think that there are divers trained to go down there and find them. I’ve had murderers tell me, “You’ll never find it.” And then we do.

It’s about helping other people. I get to use my love for diving to solve someone’s problem—it could be an investigator looking for a murder weapon that was thrown off a bridge, or it could be a family that lost a loved one and won’t have closure until the body’s recovered.

The strangest thing I ever found was a wooden box duct-taped to a brick. In the box was a tiny bag with some candles and a male voodoo doll with a needle right in its groin. You don’t find that every day. I pulled out the needle and told everyone on the boat that somewhere a man was thanking me.
Coastal Job: Underwater Criminal Investigator | Hakai Magazine

Underwater evidence is difficult to see because most canal and lake bottoms in Broward County are a foot deep in soft, mud-brown silt. Even a careful diver inching along the muddy bottom stirs up clouds of swirling silt as he kicks his fins, making limited visibility even worse.

"That silt will hide a gun," said George Ferguson, a dive team instructor in charge of training.

"It's a matter of getting down into the mud and sweeping with your hands," said Sgt. Larry Whitford, the marine unit's chief diver. "It's a matter of feeling the bottom."
HIDDEN CLUES SHERIFF'S DIVERS FACE UNDERWATER MYSTERIES.

Could it be that they're looking for the murder weapon, whatever it may be?

MOO.

Question. If they talked to nobody how did they find out Gabby’s van was at Brian’s parents home. I believe Gabby’s family were all in NY.
All I can think is that they called North Port police and asked them to go to Laundries to check to see if Gabby was there, and were told by police that the van was there. jmo

I'm not completely caught up on this, but just because it has the word "Nomadic" in it doesn't seem like proof... And whoever it is has been active enough to add "#NotBrian" to their account. I think he is blasting an innocent person and it's awful. MOO.
I don’t think it’s BL, but if you look at the Twitter, it’s someone posting and definitely pretending or trying to be BL, so IMO, that’s not an innocent person. Someone inserted themselves into the case for some reason. I have no idea why anyone would pretend to be BL for a Twitter account, but it’s all about this case… not just some random person who is going about their day. JMO.

Yes, very plausible.

However in that context, I think the incident where BL reportedly flew back to FL to remove her stuff from storage and put it in the parents garage is not making sense.

That would require some sort of personal interaction between BL or his parents and GP and/or her parents to retrieve her possessions from their garage. In a breakup with volatile components (like the 911 call with physical attack and verbal abuse) the last thing anyone would want would be a confrontation over some personal effects.

It would have been much easier to remove his things from storage, leave her things there, and tell her parents the storage unit needed to be cleaned out by X date and let them pay for it.

I think that trip back will tell us a lot about the Laundrie family plans and their subsequent behaviour when he returned.

BBM
MOO

100% Agree.
Honestly that mid-trip return is swirling vortex of unknowns - none of us know anything about it at all - and Gabby's mom said they were instructed not to talk about it because of confusion surrounding the whole thing. So IMO it is a wild goose chase to try and figure that into anything about that side trip at this point - we have just about zero to go on.

Can we clear the confusion? Brian Entin tweeted that SB said it's not a burner phone. So why are people saying it was a burner phone?
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
2h

1/2 New text from Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino: "I can confirm that a phone was purchased on September 4, 2021 and Brian opened an account with AT&T for that phone. (Not a burner.) ...

Sorry for my part in adding to confusion. Although we now know AT&T doesn't sell "burners" and that there is an account associated with the phone purchased, we saw it called a burner phone in a couple of dozen screaming news headlines for a day and a half so now it's sort of stuck *shrug

All I can think is that they called North Port police and asked them to go to Laundries to check to see if Gabby was there, and were told by police that the van was there. jmo
Dad lives in FL but a post this morning said he never went to their house. I haven't seen that anywhere. I'd like to know how GP parents learned of it and if on the 10th, why the missing person's report wasn't filed then.

I caught that too. I’m wondering if GP mom knew that there was trouble in the relationship and GP was going to be coming back to NY.
Otherwise, wouldn’t she have reported that she would have been going back to FL?
Unless the plan was always for them to go back to NY before heading to FL to finalize their trip. Who knows. IMO.
IIRC her mom mentioned indication of some relationship tension in texts received from Gabby, I believe it was in one if the warrants possibly? The same one that mentions the Stan text. I believe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson