Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the fair thing to do from the new owners is to warn SD not to do it again
I waited patiently on a package from Fedex some weeks ago. It never came but I saw a Fedex driver place a package on my neighbors porch who lives across the street from me. That neighbor works during the day. I did NOT go look at the package or try to retrieve it. I waited until my neighbor came home and he actually walked it over to me. Point is, it didn't occur to me to "take" the package off his porch. People have cameras and it would have looked like i was stealing. Neither Barry nor his girlfriend live there and there was NO REASON to take the package without contacting the owner first. They knew what they were doing was wrong.

Thing is, Barry never thought the new owner had cameras watching.

How do you contact someone that doesn't live there?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the fair thing to do from the new owners is to warn this Shoshona not to do it again

I thought I read in the AA that someone was staying at the property (just not the owner). But SD did not even ring the doorbell to find out. If she had rung the bell, it would have triggered another camera,

I think the fair thing to do from the new owners is to warn this Shoshona not to do it again

He should have contacted the delivery agent. Or the firm through which the order was placed. Problem solved.

He knew it was at the former residence, because he either purposely sent it there, or received a delivery confirmation. Else, he’s randomly stalking homes in the neighborhood looking for a package.

You don't. You contact whoever you ordered from and say you shipped to the wrong address, and handle it through them. If it's something you really need, order it again and get it on it's way - to the right address.

Shoshona took a package off the porch that wasnt the new owners. These people are so rich that they have a $1.8M (rounded up) house that they dont even live in and they're worried about a package that isn't even theirs, arresting a harmless disabled woman, just seems petty.

If I lived in a house where someone was theoretically murdered then no trespassing infraction would be petty to me. None.

This whole thing should be dismissed. It is just their way of trying to intimidate Barry. I received notice that my packages were delivered and went outside and they weren't there. I saw them on my neighbors front door and went over and saw my name and took them. They were mine. I never thought for one second I was trespassing. Barry authorized her to get it and that should be the end. The whole thing is petty IMO!
I completely disagree. It is not petty. We do not know if BM authorized SD to get a package.

Anyway, Barry’s verbal authorization does not override trespassing laws.

We don't know if the package was misdelivered, or if Barry intentionally did not change the address with the vendor. Depending on who it was. With Amazon, changing residence is two seconds, but any firearms place would need more, I assume.

I think Barry was ordering from the place where changing an address is more difficult. Not necessarily a gun vendor, BTW, I think, rather, some bank where he was previously registered under a different address.
I rather doubt it...but <modsnip> perhaps "they" thought there was something shady going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
The end of the day, a stranger to them, clearly trespassed onto their property, don't think they worried bout the package, she had no lawful right to be there. I don't have issue with it, part of me hopes, that the new owner, like most of us here, wish Suzanne to have justice, maybe they feel this could help in some small way, idk .

Also it's another of those damn coincidences that just keep on happening to BM, he has the darndest luck in the world :rolleyes:
Well it's not a right, but you're allowed to go to someone's front door, if you were not soliciting and door to door sales wouldnt be a thing, I've had a verizon salesman at my door like 5 times in 3 months.

Shoshona took a package off the porch that wasnt the new owners. These people are so rich that they have a $1.8M (rounded up) house that they dont even live in and they're worried about a package that isn't even theirs, arresting a harmless disabled woman, just seems petty.
That is a very secluded area. I am sure the locals are wary of passers thru, vagrants, etc. If I owned that house or any house in that area, I would be worried about squatters and vagrants...and I am sure the owners are too. They allow guests to use the house, and likely use it themselves. The fact that they aren't full time occupants is nobody's business. Anyone who ignores the visible warning signs to "keep out" should be especially suspect. That tells you something about that person.

Well it's not a right, but you're allowed to go to someone's front door, if you were not soliciting and door to door sales wouldnt be a thing, I've had a verizon salesman at my door like 5 times in 3 months.

The property's new owners use the property as a vacation home and have installed security cameras and a 'No Trespassing' sign.

It's not petty in my opinion, however, your comment got me to thinking. I get a notification when receiving a UPS, FedEx or Amazon package to either my phone or email. Perhaps (forgive me if this was previously an "ahha" moment mentioned) BM or Morphew household was notified of a package delivery and this package was sent on purpose hoping it would be an attempted pickup by "someone else" to land that person back behind bars.
FedX the image of which is in the affiavit of the truck in front of their house when the package was delivered generally takes a photo of the package on the porch....or at least that is what happens in my neck of the woods so Barry would recognize his own old front door and know exactly where FedX dropped the package. I too tilt toward an over reaction by the police and find it bizarre that they weren't able to work it through with the homeowner...I doubt LE tried to mediate. I have to wonder how other homeowners in Chaffee county who have complained about a trespasser got that kind of reaction from LE. I'd stake my money on few if any. My guess is practice is probably that LE if they know who trespassed gives a warning the first time. Anyway....if it comes found some way to Barry his lawyers will have a field day.

We are taking about the same property where Investigators claim BM chased Suzanne around the yard with a tranquilizer gun. That's enough to instill fear in me and certainly that fear would keep me far away from the property.

What I find so disturbing about the incident is that evidently SD had no qualms with approaching the home by using the very long driveway in order to reach the front porch after passing No Trespassing signs. Further, I'm shocked that SD would even commit this creepy illegal activity at all. Now, she has an arrest record, if she didn't already.

The next evening when Officials arrived in order to arrest her, what did she tell them?
Barry made me do it or I didn't know stealing packages from someone else's porch was against the law.

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse and cannot be used as a defense in court.

You don't. You contact Fedex and tell them to pick it up and deliver it to you at correct address. Think about it. Fedex had the correct address because Barry gave it to them. He did that because he wanted something retrieved that he should not have. believe he ordered something that he could not have delivered to the Cushmans, maybe a gun?

Or, as others said, it could have been a dry run to retrieve evidence he buried somewhere.

Simply put, he is a criminal and he and Shoshona think alike.

Kind of a petty move to press charges here by Emily, it's clear Shoshona is picking up a package that doesn't belong to Emily.
I wouldn't want my vacation home to be used as a mail drop, regardless of other circumstances.

Assuming that Emily and her family are aware of BM's status including the restrictions on his bond, I would be even more inclined to press charges. I would not want BM and his friends to feel free to use my vacation home as a means to evade the conditions of his bond.

Not petty at all, IMO.

That harmless disabled woman isn't at all harmless. That's all I can say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong