Food and Recipes while under Coronavirus quarantine #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We usually have flannel sheets from mid-October through mid-May, so about 8 months flannel, 4 months damask. 4 sets of flannel sheets - 1 solid, 1 plaid, 2 holiday-themed and used from early November through late January. 2 sets solid damask for the 4 warmer months. Last night was the coldest overnight so far - really wish that we had switched to flannel sheets last week.

My brother's birthday is Saturday, so I'm going to do some cooking/baking over the next day or two. I will make Chicken Paprikash with noodles, sauteed pierogis with sour cream, and he can have one of the two loaves of pumpkin bread that I'll bake today. We had mini Naan pizzas with fresh mozzarella, plum tomatoes, and fresh basil last night; grilled swordfish tonight. Dinner out tomorrow for DH's 73rd birthday. Enjoy your weekend.
I'm going to north GA, east of Atlanta next week to visit a friend. I have so few warm clothes that I looked on Amazon for flannel pjs. No luck finding anything for under $50. And on top of that, my youngest was over here last night and dug out my 1 pair of fuzzy socks. LOL! She told me my A/C was too cold - it is set at 75 deg. This is my kid who loves the cold???? Silliness after hours of working on her application for vet school I guess.

I have been on a no cooking kick. My meals have consisted of sandwiches, cottage cheese, boiled eggs, salads and breaded chicken strips. Breakfast has been sausage patties warmed up and Pillsbury frozen biscuits. Maybe the cool weather will hang around for a bit and I'll get back into cooking.

Every bit of that sounds like a perfectly good way to ruin a good pizza.....

I've had Hawaiian pizza but don't like the combination of ham, pineapple, tomato sauce, and cheese. My favorite pizzas are all veggies, ham & mushrooms, Caprese (fresh mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil). Traditional pepperoni pizza is alright, too. I see unusual pizzas on shows like Triple D and wonder who came up with these strange combinations.

Last edited:
My husband and I really like this pizza from Papa Murphy's take and bake chain. Delicious.

Take 'N' Bake | Papa Murphy's Pizza

Chicken Bacon Artichoke

Our Artisan Thin Crust, topped with Creamy Garlic Sauce, Whole-Milk Mozzarella, Grilled Chicken Raised Without Antibiotics, Crispy Bacon, Marinated Artichoke Hearts, Fresh Spinach, Aged Parmesan and Zesty Herbs

I've had Hawaiian pizza but don't like the combination of ham, pineapple, tomato sauce, and cheese. My favorite pizzas are all veggies, ham & mushrooms, Caprese (fresh mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil). Traditional pepperoni pizza is alright, too. I unusual pizzas on shows like Triple D and wonder who came up with these strange combinations.
You just gave me an idea. I have one of those tiny frozen $1.50 cheese pizzas. I could add a slice of my deli ham, some chopped tomato, white cheese and that can be my dinner.

Two loaves of pumpkin bread just went into the oven as DH was returning from his swim and a quick trip to Meijer. He wanted to do a mile swim for his birthday (tomorrow) but didn't quite make it. When he was in the pharmacy, there were lots of folks lined up for Pfizer booster. Another reason we both plan to wait a while the get our shots.

There was a pizza chain near me that had interesting toppings. Mac & cheese, taco salad, mashed potatoes, etc. I loved the jalapeño popper version - dollops of ricotta with jalapeños and a little sharp cheddar. The ricotta really made it.

Two loaves of pumpkin bread just went into the oven as DH was returning from his swim and a quick trip to Meijer. He wanted to do a mile swim for his birthday (tomorrow) but didn't quite make it. When he was in the pharmacy, there were lots of folks lined up for Pfizer booster. Another reason we both plan to wait a while the get our shots.
Do you add anything to your pumpkin bread, like nuts or choc chips?

I'm going to north GA, east of Atlanta next week to visit a friend. I have so few warm clothes that I looked on Amazon for flannel pjs. No luck finding anything for under $50. And on top of that, my youngest was over here last night and dug out my 1 pair of fuzzy socks. LOL! She told me my A/C was too cold - it is set at 75 deg. This is my kid who loves the cold???? Silliness after hours of working on her application for vet school I guess.

I have been on a no cooking kick. My meals have consisted of sandwiches, cottage cheese, boiled eggs, salads and breaded chicken strips. Breakfast has been sausage patties warmed up and Pillsbury frozen biscuits. Maybe the cool weather will hang around for a bit and I'll get back into cooking.

You might try a thrift shop for the flannel PJs or nightgown--although maybe no one in Florida ever wears such things!

Do you add anything to your pumpkin bread, like nuts or choc chips?

I sometimes add a cup of chopped walnuts but didn't this time. One loaf is for my brother who doesn't like nuts.

If you’re ok with used, you might try a place like goodwill - I see a lot of women’s PJs. Hanna Andersson PJ sets run 80-90 full price BUT they go down to 10-11 per top & per bottom sometimes. Most of them are a thick cotton, not flannel, but so cozy. There are BST Facebook pages (buy/sell/trade) but because Hannas are so heavy to ship, it can be cheaper to buy new on clearance vs used. We’re not Star Wars fans here, but I have a lot of Hanna’s Star Wars PJ bottoms because they were so cheap…I’ll be picky when we don’t have a puppy with sharp puppy teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie