GUILTY UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham Common area, 3 Mar 2021 *Life sentence* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Thanks.
Is there a subject you are not well versed at?
But my favourite ones were about money/debts!

Yes, many subjects I'm not well versed in and I need to learn about. I actually know very little about a lot of things including crime / law / forensics etc which is why I enjoy this website to learn about it.

Mobile phone knowledge comes from working for a couple of the mobile network providers, my whole career is in computers / technology so well versed in those subjects.
Debts - personal experience from making a mess of my own finances in the past (several times over).

Yes, many subjects I'm not well versed in and I need to learn about. I actually know very little about a lot of things including crime / law / forensics etc which is why I enjoy this website to learn about it.

Mobile phone knowledge comes from working for a couple of the mobile network providers, my whole career is in computers / technology so well versed in those subjects.
Debts - personal experience from making a mess of my own finances in the past (several times over).
You would make an excellent money management adviser!
These posts were fantastic!

Speaking of debts. Is his wife now left with these debts? Presumably he won’t be responsible for them any more.
It depends if they are divorced.
If not, she must pay.
Of course, they might have had property separation, in this case she neednt.

Agree. There wasn’t exactly blood everywhere and in the later cctv at the service station his trousers (cringe) appear to be the same and look clean. I thought that when seeing that cctv. However why would HIS blood be in the car? I hope she hurt him.

I cannot recall exactly where or when , but wasn't he questioned as to how he got some scratches on his head and he replied that it had been his dog ?

Yes that could explain his blood. I’m not sure I want to imagine how she may have managed to hurt him.

Not sure what you mean by “civil offense”? Breach of COVID regulations was a criminal offence at various points including when SE was arrested (someone correct me if I am wrong). Honestly, it wouldn’t have seemed immediately “off”, it might seem heavy-handed but it was strange times and there were some questionably harsh arrests by police officers and decisions by courts that had to be overturned once the dust had settled.
Not criminal when I was last in UK!

Coronavirus: What powers do police have if people break Covid rules?

12 Jan 2021

What are the fines for breaking Covid rules?

The police have a legal duty to make sure the rules are enforced, alongside council, environmental health and trading standards officers.
If you break coronavirus regulations, you could get a fixed penalty notice , the Covid equivalent of a traffic offence like speeding.

How do police enforce Covid rules?

Police chiefs have followed a system called "The Four Es". Before fines are issued to rule-breakers, police will first:
  • Engage with people, to ask why they appear to be breaking the rules
  • Explain the law, stressing the risks to public health and the NHS
  • Encourage them to change their behaviour
The fourth "E" is "Enforce" by issuing penalty notices, as a last resort.

Covid rule-breakers are now "increasingly likely" to be fined by officers, the Metropolitan Police commissioner Dame Cressida Dick has said.

Last edited:
It depends if they are divorced.
If not, she must pay.
Of course, they might have had property separation, in this case she neednt.

I try to keep to the facts but is there no end to the evil this bloke has created? He's managed to blight the next generation's lives too, saddling the family with debt as well as having to live with all the baggage that's going to come from this.

Not criminal when I was last in UK!

Coronavirus: What powers do police have if people break Covid rules?

12 Jan 2021

What are the fines for breaking Covid rules?

The police have a legal duty to make sure the rules are enforced, alongside council, environmental health and trading standards officers.
If you break coronavirus regulations, you could get a fixed penalty notice , the Covid equivalent of a traffic offence like speeding.

How do police enforce Covid rules?

Police chiefs have followed a system called "The Four Es". Before fines are issued to rule-breakers, police will first:
  • Engage with people, to ask why they appear to be breaking the rules
  • Explain the law, stressing the risks to public health and the NHS
  • Encourage them to change their behaviour
The fourth "E" is "Enforce" by issuing penalty notices, as a last resort.

Covid rule-breakers are now "increasingly likely" to be fined by officers, the Metropolitan Police commissioner Dame Cressida Dick has said.

I see what you mean!

Speaking of debts. Is his wife now left with these debts? Presumably he won’t be responsible for them any more.

He will still be responsible for any debts in his name even if in prison, no escaping them which is quite right really.

Reality is he won't be able to pay them, the companies he owes will continuing to take action against him in terms of filing a default then a CCJ and potentially bankruptcy which will allow them to recover what they can from his assets. Any significant assets in his name could be acquired under bankruptcy to pay for those debts.

I imagine the house is under joint ownership with his wife and so even though he is in prison, he basically owns half the house and bankruptcy may force the sale of that property to liquidate the money and pay his creditors.

He could have signed over his share of the house to his wife which I hope has already happened, but reality is that it can remain as his legal asset even with a whole life term sentence if he chooses that.

Oh and just to add, he will forfeit his police pension of course, but only the contributions made into it by the police force. Any contributions he made personally from his wages will not be forfeited.

Do you know, I really hope you are wrong! I never had any cause for concern about my colleagues but I know that there have been publicised cases recently, which have made for very disturbing reading.

Unfortunately, when it comes to such offenders, they gravitate to positions of trust and then abuse it to target their victims.

Vetting and particularly ongoing vetting including flagging from credit reference agencies/insurance companies to changes/claims/incidents needs to be introduced.

All persons employed in designated positions of trust should be recorded on a system which links into the Police National Database so that should they come to police notice they are cross-matched to their employment and any concerns can be escalated for risk assessment/further action.

Great to see you back Whitehall. Hope you have been well :)

anyone else think the debts accumulated were part of the plan? I think he had always fantasized about raping and murdering a woman and planned to not even bother trying to get away with it. so he just spent money as he pleased as he knew one day it wouldn't matter...

I keep thinking about how scared poor Sarah must have felt.

At the point of her false arrest she must have been worried about her job and what would happen next. That turned out to be the least of her worries. It's too horrible for words.

anyone else think the debts accumulated were part of the plan? I think he had always fantasized about raping and murdering a woman and planned to not even bother trying to get away with it. so he just spent money as he pleased as he knew one day it wouldn't matter...

That's maybe a bit of a stretch , IMHO.
Having said that I'm not entirely convinced that the progression has gone from *advertiser censored* to flashing .....to this.
It's just too abrupt .
Yet , how he went about it , amateur hour from a criminal perspective.

I can't tie the 2 together, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member