Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reposting Steven Bertolino's areas of work ..... he doesn't appear to work with murder cases (as can be seen when drilling down into the Criminal Law link on his website).

The main areas of law that Steven Bertolino’s office focuses on are:
https://sbertolinolaw.com/legal-services

This is waaaaaaaaay out of his league.

Well, they're not debunked now are they. The evidence of those calls is plain for all to see.

I was wondering if neighbours heard whiting or screaming and called LE to do a welfare check, but none of those neighbours have since given statements or told the press and media about it, so I don't think it was them.

So, back to BL's parents. I wonder if BL was having a catastrophic meltdown and they feared for his well-being and also their own?
We can't pick and choose what's been given to us as fact.

The Laundries lawyer has said it and now Brian Entin has published a response from North Port police.

......North Port Police say the reports on Sept. 10 relate to the Petito family reporting Gabby missing....

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin

agree, several days passed, assume showers, diff clothes but think they might say her DNA in van and transfer from there.

Yes, and it's up to a jury and what they decide. If there is a ton of DNA in there, they won't believe that. If there's trace DNA on something, they might believe it. I don't know. It's all hypothetical.

Just to add on, the fight at the restaurant may have been the last straw for her, now she saw him in public acting like he did in private, and she might have told him they were done/thru after that which caused him to lose it.
I kind of thought that too. I thought maybe they drove together to the showers and Gabby ditched him there and went back to the campsite. I was thinking maybe he was hopping mad that he got left behind and had to hitch a ride back. Maybe on the ride back to camp, he was stewing about how he was going to get back there, teach her a lesson, and take the van and leave her there.

Does anyone think she could’ve still been alive until after the hitchhiking incident?

I feel Gabby always took the blame and took up all the slack and made excuses for BL. She accepted him with all his faults and still loved him. After the Merry Piglets thing - and I feel BL was not in the restaurant when she apologized for his behavior with staff - but that he went ballistic later after finding this out. She likely couldn’t believe - had never seen how his bad behavior could extend so far as to treat perfect strangers - who had served them no less - like garbage. Since she had always overlooked his faults before, and taken the heat for everything because she was the (mentally) strong one - this time (in his warped mind) she had had the audacity to not take responsibility for him - and had let others see him as he really is. And I believe he (the physically stronger one ) killed her soon after learning this. MOO

Personally, I think if Gabby was so low on self esteem she wouldn't have been fighting him for her phone, climbing over him in the van. She would have dociley stood there and let him take her phone and slap her around. Been compliant.

I think Gabby was a strong young woman ... be it feeling quite mentally beaten down - at the time - from spending so much time alone with BL in recent weeks.

Many people handle their self esteem in many different ways and while one might have low self esteem in say looks, they might have high self esteem in their ability to fight. So I'd say self esteem is complicated and the way it manifests itself is, too.

Until her parents knew the van was home they had no idea that Gabby was missing and alone. Once they discovered that everything sped up. I will never understand Brian driving the van home to go on the run in Florida when he could have driven that van anywhere and everyone would have thought they were missing together.

I would like to hear your answers to the following. All Opinion Only.

1) Do you believe BL killed Gabby? (If not, scroll and roll)
2) When ?
3) Why ?
4) Premeditated and Deliberated or something lesser ? Accident ? How did he kill her?
5) How did BL become the person he is ?

For me it’s
1). Yes
2). On August 27 shortly after the Merry Pigs incident.
3). He felt she “made him look bad” by apologizing to the staff for his behavior and his ego could not handle that - he has no self awareness. It was like a last straw on the trip in his mind. I also feel he is psychotic.
4) Yes thought about it for some length of time however short. Deliberately delivered a blow.
5) Spoiled by mother who overlooks all his faults. Fruit and trees scenario. MOO

1. Yes
2.August 28th
3.Anger and rage. I think van life was too much togetherness.
4. Accidental. I do not think it was premeditated. I think they were arguing and he either pushed her and she fell or he strangled her.
5. Lack of confidence in himself. I probably feel differently than other people about this.

MOO

1) Do you believe BL killed Gabby? (If not, scroll and roll)
2) When ?
3) Why ?
4) Premeditated and Deliberated or something lesser ? Accident ? How did he kill her?
5) How did BL become the person he is ?

1) Yes

2) Aug 29. I think he disappeared on his little camping/hitchhiking excursion late on the 28th/early on the 29th to let GP "cool down" because she was being "emotional" about something--probably taking her keys and/or phone with him, so that she couldn't desert him)--and he intentionally stayed away long enough that she'd miss her meet-up with her friend (whom he didn't like and didn't want to meet up with anyway). In this scenario, he doesn't want the second driver to go all the way into where they were parked/camped bc he knew GP would be upset and, after what happened in Moab, he was more cautious about making a scene in front of witnesses.

4) I think they had their tent pitched down by the river, and when he showed up after essentially deserting her for a whole day or more in the middle of nowhere without any way to contact her friend, an argument ensued, he lost his temper, killed her, and--in a panic--left her there and drove home.

5) I'm not comfortable speculating on that.

MOO.

1. Yes, i believe BL killed GP.
2. I think the night of August 29th-night of 30th. I believe he left quickly after what he did I cannot see him staying with her body after he killed him
3. I think the relationship was degenerating. They were getting on each other’s nerves. BL was taking increasingly more walks and trips from campsite alone. I think they were going to be breaking up
4. I think they got into a fight that got physical, and BL went too far accidentally. I do not believe he intended to kill her
5. He was not a highly motivated person in terms of being self sufficient. Not ambitious , still living with parents, not really that smart or interested in education. Immature. A coward. But not a person who came off as mean or horrid to those who knew him. His friend and even GP’s parents did not see anything terrible s out him.

From your number 5, I get that Brian doesn't want to work or be an adult. I can agree with that.

1. Yes
2.August 28th
3.Anger and rage. I think van life was too much togetherness.
4. Accidental. I do not think it was premeditated. I think they were arguing and he either pushed her and she fell or he strangled her.
5. Lack of confidence in himself. I probably feel differently than other people about this.

MOO

No I agree with your 5). It’s just others have elaborated or put it in other terms.

You have misunderstood, IMO. Number 5 is not about how they treat their mothers, it is about how their fathers treated their mothers.

Well, that indeed is different. Thanks! In my limited view of a very small percentage of relationships where I have been able to witness how a man treats his wife versus how his son treats the woman in his life, I still say the same thing. Again, I've only been able to experience that scenario on a VERY rare basis, though. I do recall having a friend that always asks her husband why he can't treat her like his father treats his mother. At least, she told me that's what she always wanted to know from her husband.

Thanks!

Mr.Bertolino has no problem tweeting or texting the local reporters camped out in front of the Laundrie home though. Never heard of such a thing. He’s gorilla glued their mouths shut but can’t control his own. IMO
The texting to various people by the attorney seems oddly unprofessional to me. Is this normal?

I struggle with this too. He couldn't leave the van because it guarantees her body is found and they start searching as soon as the abandoned vehicle is reported. But taking it makes him look guilty af. Did he really think he could fifth amendment his way out of it? Banking on her body not being found and police giving up is somewhat understandable but surely he didn't think her parents would. There are so many WTFs in this case.
The van was too close to the body so I understand moving it... but driving it back home? Nope

@WFLAJustin

North Port Police spokesperson tells
@WFLANiko
that Gabby’s mom Nichole Schmidt made these calls on Sept. 10, but officers did not respond to the Laundrie home on Wabasso Ave. until the next day after missing person report was filed with Suffolk County PD in NY

I believe the Schmidt/Petito family didn’t find out the van was in Florida until Sept 10. Therefore, until then there was hope. September 11 they filed the missing persons report and their world shattered. They could have been welfare checks requested by Gabby’s family or from the Laundrie’s as proof she wasn’t there. JMO

So many things break my heart when it comes to Gabby but the fact that her family (a fire family on Long Island) was filing a missing persons report for their daughter on the 20th anniversary of 9/11 shattered my heart. My family is a fire family. I FELT her stepfathers words during her service. It was too familiar seeing all those Class A uniforms.

The Schmidt family lived 9/11 on the front lines and now 20 years later they experiencing this.

IMO Gabby was raised by strong mothers and fathers. She was no wallflower.

I thought about that but hitchhiking from the van dump doesn't work either because it creates witnesses. He's screwed no matter what. Driving the van home buys him time to run, but then he didn't use it. Why didn't he nope out as soon as he got back to FL? Just all kinds of WTF?

He already had a couple of witnesses that he got rides from. Had he left the van at the scene, he could have claimed that he left her with the van and decided to go home and that she was alive when he left. It would be a much better alibi than taking the van, that was only in her name, and stranding her out in the middle of nowhere without anyway to get out of there. Also if the bank cards turn out to be hers, he also left her without any money to be able to pay for a way home. IMO.

Wonder why, if he moved to FL to be closer to Gabby, but still 3 or so hours away-Vero Beach- if my recall is any kind of accurate (I think I read that once upon a time in these threads) why he had never been to her house? Huh. Curious indeed. MOO!

I'm starting to think BL parents and GP parents were not on good terms even before it all started.

Thanks. Yes, I would think that Gabby was well-liked by BL's parents ... after all they housed and presumably fed her for two years.
Perhaps the tension lay with Gabby's father and them, if he didn't like any of her boyfriends.

I agree that if they thought Gabby was in a dangerous relationship, her parents would have tried to bring her home or get her out of there.
I always thought when Gabby’s father said he didn’t like her boyfriends he was saying what most dads might think about potential suitors of their daughters. Not necessarily BL in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge