Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is standing out to me about Brian’s need to call Gabby his “fiancée” and particularly his anxiety for others to know this (JMO). Notably:
  1. In the new body cam footage (released yesterday) right at the start he asks LE something which sounds like “Gabrielle told you I’m her fiancé right” (paraphrase)
  2. In first body cam footage released, after he gets out of the car he again pointedly asks if they spoke to his “fiancée” before switching to "Gabby" when the officers react confused/mishear (most likely because people don’t generally refer to each other like this).
  3. Mentioned by an eye witness that in a tuck/souvenir shop that when Gabby was talking to the worker there Brian asked if she had told her they were engaged (or something like that) - this struck her as odd (I believe this encounter was mentioned in MSM and I think one of the documentaries aired last weekend - anyone have a link/reference?)
Anyways, my point is that from a psychological perspective (not a qualified psychologist but have studied) this preoccupation suggests to me an insecure/anxious attachment style. For further details refer to this link Unhealthy Attachment Styles: Types, Definitions, And Therapy | BetterHelp. JMO but I think it gives us a clue into BL's mindset including what could possibly have driven BL to overreact and lash out at Gabby. Any indication from her that they were not the “team” that he needed them to be e.g. her apologising in the Merry Pig’s restaurant without his knowledge could be perceived by him as a direct threat.

First time poster, long time reader! Hope I did not break any rules. Keep up the great work guys.

I suspect that Gabby was wasn't fully cluing her parents in on just how much she was letting Brian off from responsibility. Her getting the van (at his request, as IIRC he said her previous vehicle was too small), her possibly paying for the only real phone, her possibly having the only credit cards, Gabby working all day on her business, while he, IMO wouldn't let her finish uploading, because he was bored and wanted to go play. His assuming full control of her vehicle, her time, etc. I think she was carrying the show, trying to make it work, and it's not uncommon for kids in that age range, especially women, to hide that the guy is not pulling his weight.

Last edited:
He lived at home but he's mostly been gone for months. I wouldn't expect the mother to be able to figure out exactly which clothes are missing myself. Heck, I wouldn't be able to tell if anything was missing from my partner's closet unless it was something big like his favorite sports jacket or winter coat. But whether t-shirts or jeans or shorts are gone? Nope.
JMO

True, we wouldn’t but I get such a Norman Bates vibe with BL and his mother that I do feel she would know these details.

And even if it's in gramp's possession now, has it been out of his possession at any time after Sep 1st?

*Note: I am NOT sleuthing grandpa. I am interested in the movements of the Camry mentioned in the article.

Local bounty hunters join in search for Brian Laundrie

I found this a few days ago, after several hiking groups mentioned a person of BLs description in the Boone area.

Watauga County Sheriff looking into claims of Brian Laundrie sightings, says 'nothing has been verified'

The ongoing, developing search has gained so much attention across the county, Reality TV star ‘Dog the Bounty Hunter’ is now front and center on the search. He’s even gotten tips that Laundrie is hiding somewhere else, and not where crews have been searching in Florida.
<snipped>
A handful of tweets from Dog the Bounty Hunter’s daughter are connecting the search to the Appalachian Trail in North Carolina. Lyssa Chapman sent out a tweet recently saying they were looking for experienced hiking/survivalists near the Appalachian Hiking Trail in North Carolina.

Agreed. Even if they were living rent/utilites free, the van and conversion and equipment was probably at least $20K. A google search tells me the average pay at Taco Bell in Florida is $9/hour and the cost of "van life" traveling out West is $2,500 - $3,000 per month for two people. And they had nice drones for capturing video footage and technology for the documentation of the trip. Even in the Police stop, Brian indicated he didn't have money for a hotel room that night.

I'm just saying that it's very likely that the parents were heavily involved in financing this adventure, and tells me that they must not have been worried for her life based on their observation of their current relationship.

I agree that parents were big part of financing trip directly or indirectly. Though BL might not have had funds himself for a hotel room, he likely had access to money for it. Gabby, certainly did. Looks like everything, bank accounts, possibly phone i just her name. Not uncommon for young couples to do that—just have one person named on things though both contributed and bth using. I always said that is a bad idea.

From personal experience as a law enforcement officer, I have been on many DV stops and frankly I was a bit surprised none of the officers offered the following:

- To call a family member of GP’s. BL or GP OR an officer could have made a phone call with officers present to calm her down and inform family of her circumstances when she panicked about being separated from BL for the night.

- A Victim Witness Coordinator should have been called on scene to assist with the emotional side of things.

Just my 2 cents, but I feel they were more focused on GP not getting a record and they didn’t feel the violence met true DV standards.
I got the idea she was more terrified of being separated from her vehicle, her work, and all her belongings, and not terrified at being separated from BL. Once they told her she got the van for the night and he got the hotel, she went along with that without the panic she showed at separation from all her belongings. IMO

About 42 minutes into the police stop in Utah, video shows Laundrie reach into the passenger side of the van. He hands a female law enforcement official Petito’s cellphone.

“She’s got her cellphone. She’s calling her parents,” the officer told other officials minutes later.

Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie investigation: 2 phones seen in police body cam video from Utah incident

If she called her parents then, no word from them that they got a call a lot that incident. Her dad out and out said there were zero signs of problems with her relationship with BL that he knew

I suspect that Gabby was wasn't fully cluing her parents in on just how much she was letting Brian off from responsibility. Her getting the van (at his request, as IIRC he said her previous vehicle was too small), her possibly paying for the only real phone, her possibly having the only credit cards, Gabby working all day on her business, while he, IMO wouldn't let her finish uploading, because he was bored and wanted to to go play. His assuming full control of her vehicle, her time, etc. I think she was carrying the show, trying to make it work, and it's not uncommon for kids in that age range, especially women, to hide that the guy is not pulling his weight.

Very true. IMO I also think Brian made her believe that she wasn’t pulling her weight (even though the opposite appears to have been the case) which might’ve made her second-guess herself. If she was constantly bombarded with insults and blame by Brian, which IMO she was, it probably would’ve clouded her perception of the situation and made it easier for him to manipulate her, MOO.

IMO this was all for followers and views and debunked the beginning of the week. I don’t think it was a grandfather but a family member and they lived in new bern nc. I don’t want to go against any TOS so I’ll leave it at that.
Yes, I really didn't mean to start a thing. Can y'all snip the quotes in your replies? I was meaning to show that it was a rather outlandish tip in the first place and unverified.

I'm just thinking that a diagnosis of DV is probably skewed around the terrible ending of their story rather than the knowledge that this was actually a pattern with them.
There are two incidents of domestic violence (Moab encounter with LE for one and her murder for two.) Also there's the friend's story of GP realizing halfway to a bar that he had taken her driver's license.

As far as I know, Gabby is the one who sold her car for partial payment of the van. Brian didn’t sell anything-and I don’t know which of them put cash down, but it’s always been caled “Gabby’s van”. There isn’t anything out there that has established it as “Brian’s van”.
What are you guys going for with the van ownership questions? Are you looking for the FBI to charge him with grand theft auto?

I got the idea she was more terrified of being separated from her vehicle, her work, and all her belongings, and not terrified at being separated from BL. Once they told her she got the van for the night and he got the hotel, she went along with that without the panic she showed at separation from all her belongings. IMO

I agree mostly, but she did make the comment to the affect of “I don’t want to (or can’t) be separated from him, we are a team”.

Also, I think she picked that particular van because it would be easier to drive. A larger van would have more space, but would be more expensive and harder to maneuver.

She still did not like driving the van. It’s not that it’s that big and long , but that it is tall and feels so different than a car. I can drive a truck but not comfortably a van configured much differently that a Dodge caravan.

Looks like the asking price for 2012 Transit Connect vans is currently between $12,000 and $16,000 dollars. If GP was not paying any rent or utilities while living at the Laundrie's home it wouldn't take too long to save that much money. JMO.

Used 2012 Ford Transit Connect for Sale Near Me | Edmunds

I can see how any of the Ls might *feel* they had a stake in the van if GP was saving money to buy and outfit the van in lieu of paying rent (IF that was really happening), and if BL put a lot of labor into it. But it appears the laws are pretty clear as to actual ownership...thankfully.

IMO this was all for followers and views and debunked the beginning of the week. I don’t think it was a grandfather but a family member and they lived in new bern nc. I don’t want to go against any TOS so I’ll leave it at that.
Noted. But what does New Bern, NC have to do with bounty hunters following a lead in TN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert