Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if either one of them--or both of them--could have been receiving the enhanced covid unemployment. Wasn't it an extra $600 per month? That would have come in handy.

That extra $600 ended in July 2020 or somewhere around there. Then in January it was replaced with an extra $400/mo, which ran out early September 2021. But quitting jobs to be traveling doesn’t qualify you for UI and it would be fraud if they were claiming it since you had to be available to work at all times.

What are you guys going for with the van ownership questions? Are you looking for the FBI to charge him with grand theft auto?

We’ve already discussed that possibility and I think that we don’t have enough info-for example, if he is listed as a driver on the insurance that covers it, it means he has permission to drive it, and he wouldn’t be able to be charged, probably. I think it is more like an admission of guilt-he killed her, otherwise he would have no way of knowing that he was leaving her stranded in a national park out west, when he returned to FL in her van.

NEW: “To my knowledge Cassie went for a day.”
Laundrie family attorney says Brian’s sister Cassie was at the campground last month – despite Cassie saying in an earlier interview she hasn’t spoken to Brian since he returned to Florida.
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1443965282553368587?s=21

Gabby Petito case: Laundrie’s sister was at the campground with rest of the family, attorney says | NewsNation Now

If it's true that Cassie was there along with <modsnip - no nicknames> Laundrie, then it would be interesting to find out how often they usually got together as a family.

If it's a regular thing then it's no big deal that they all met up together. If it's a rare thing then this is more significant as it could indicate a couple of things IMO:
  1. They called all the immediate family members together for a meeting and to put together a plan.
  2. It could maybe indicate that they all met up to say goodbye to BL (either because he was about to go on the run, or go somewhere to take his own life).
MOO and I'm sorry if this has already been covered.

Last edited by a moderator:
“At this sheriff’s office, when he showed up with her car and she was no place to be found, we would have never let him out of our custody that day,” Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd told reporters during a press conference about a child *advertiser censored* sting, Fox 13 reported.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/01/sheriff-wouldve-immediately-detained-brian-laundrie/

I understand this sheriff's point of view, but if this had happened in his county, how exactly would he have known what was going on? Does he think the Laundries would have been more likely to call LE when they weren't even answering calls from Gabby's family?

Gabby isn't reported missing until August 10, IIRC. That's when her family attempts to report her missing and NPPD gives them a day long run-around. At any rate, IMO, BL was already gone. Basically, this Sheriff is saying that they (unlike most places) have personnel to put 24 hour surveillance on the partner of a woman who is missing. I hope he's willing to do that for every missing person in his jurisdiction...and on what charges would he have brought BL into custody?

I think the Sheriff is just reading MSM and getting the timeline confused, as MSM is great at keeping people confused about order of events. Gabby had not yet been found...no federal charges were filed...and even now, there are no charges against BL in the disappearance of Gabby, despite FBI involvement.

That extra $600 ended in July 2020 or somewhere around there. Then in January it was replaced with an extra $400/mo, which ran out early September 2021. But quitting jobs to be traveling doesn’t qualify you for UI and it would be fraud if they were claiming it since you had to be available to work at all times.
If I remember correctly, you could also collect in the first wave of the extra $600 if you quit because you were high risk or lived with someone high risk of catching COVID. At least you could where I lived.

If you were laid off from your job you qualified. I wonder if they were 'employed' my mom and dad in the Juicing business? Just a thought. That would have qualified them.

Qualified, perhaps. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t rules to follow to file a claim every week. You have to certify you are looking for work and available for work every day of the week you are claiming for. It would be fraud.

I can certainly twist out a solution to that in my own head, but again, instead - I have to consider that someone is lying or creating a deception.

Do the park employees actually have to See all three people registering, or is it one person goes into the office and fills out the paperwork. That person can put down any amount of people staying in the camp site and the employee does not verify it? So maybe mom filled out registration paperwork and said 3 people, but only 2 people actually were there.

yes, but per her own admission, she was hitting him. they would have had to arrest her as well. I understand DV completely.

No, as the vehicle was shared. They were engaged, and per GP he normally would say, lets take a walk apart. It looks as though he may have been trying to de-escalate the situation. That sounds like the right thing to do as apposed to continuing an argument. It sounds like everyone is twisting legal ownership into the issue.
The vehicle was hers. Engagement is not a legal status, lol. Legal ownership is part of the issue. The bigger issue though is the moral issue. What kind of man(?) takes a woman's keys and attempts to leave her in a place with no friends or family??? A man(?) would not do that, but BL would. How is BL taking the keys and driving away not abuse???

I think the attorney the Laundries have is for them. He is not a defense attorney and is more likely just giving them advice and speaking on their behalf. Once Brian is (if) apprehended, I’m sure they’ll get him the best defense attorney in Florida and Wyoming money can buy.
bbm
If they do, it will be a lot of money. A fee of $100,000 is not unusual. Hoping we will see what defense attorney or firm is selected. It'll be interesting, IMO, because the trial would be on the Federal level, and not a state trial -- AFAIK at least.

Source:
Compare Various Criminal Defense Costs | LegalPriceGuide.com

Last edited:
I am sorry your son experienced abuse. When he would go to the car, was his partner allowed to remain in the house? That is what I see differently with Gabby and BL’s living situation. By locking her out of the van, he was essentially locking her out of their shared home (a van owned by Gabby.) Without water, shelter from the sun, possibly without her phone and basic necessities. In fear of BL being able to drive away and leave her at the side of the road. I cannot imagine she would be able to calm down in that scenario.
Exactly. Him locking her out continues to escalate the situation, just because he says it's to calm her down doesn't make it less aggressive. She's in an unknown area, all her stuff is in the car, he has everything including her phone and people are like "yeah, he's taking the high road here, asking her to take a timeout is fine." The context is everything, and the context here is GP being put in a horrible situation by BL. The high road for him would be to give her the keys and her phone and walk away. She was chasing him around because he took those things. She wasn't trying to stop him from leaving, just leaving with her property. There's no excusing his behavior on that one, IMO.

But not in the Moab tape itself, and not before she was viewed as missing. Her homicide puts all in a different light.

I disagree. And I said a lot about it in the early threads here weeks ago. My perception hadn't changed one iota since learning of her death:

The bodycam footage shows exactly what an abusive relationship looks like.

And that includes even back when it was publicized under the idea of "GP is aggressor."

Those who have been fortunate never to witness or experience one may not "see" it, so I hope that those people now take this whole situation as a new data point for understanding what abuse looks like.

I'm trying to catch up and I've not seen live feed and few very Twitter post and none of the L home. Has the media given any indication for reduced coverage today?

Odd....the FBI takes "samples" from the L home yesterday and radio silence today.

Could they have found BLs body?

Moo...

Qualified, perhaps. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t rules to follow to file a claim every week. You have to certify you are looking for work and available for work every day of the week you are claiming for. It would be fraud.
That requirement was waived in most states at the start of the pandemic. I collected and affirmed every week on my collection that I was not actively looking for work. It was definitely allowed.

I fully agree with you. To add, I’ve seen no history of a juvenile or adult record/reports/or friends family statements BL has a violent past history. No bruises in any of GP’s photos on SM dating back years. No police reports or calls to any homes before September 1st 2021. Most if not all DV relationships have a steady climb on police interference be it witnesses calling police, noise complaints, damaged property reports, etc. I think way too much projection of others experiences is tainting the true nature of what really happened between them. And it’s taking too much focus off finding the answers to get BL back into the light so to speak. Nothing at the DV stop would or will change the outcome of what happened when she died. JMO

Not entirely true. Look at her neck and back in nomadicstatik video of her dune surfing on TikTok.

Those look like bruises to me.

moo.

NORTH PORT, Fla. (NewsNation Now) — Brian Laundrie’s sister, Cassie Laundrie, may have seen her brother in the days following his return to Florida with Gabby Petito, despite her previous comments.

Cassie Laundrie said last month she had not spoken to her brother since he returned to Florida without Petito on Sept. 1.

“I haven’t been able to talk to him,” Laundrie told ABC News last month. “I wish I could talk to him.”

However, NewsNationNow.com reporter Brian Entin exclusively confirmed that Cassie Laundrie may have been at the Fort De Soto campground at the same time the rest of the family in early September.

“To my knowledge, Cassie went for a day,” Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino confirmed to Entin.

When Bertolino was asked whether Cassie Laundrie was at the campground at the same time as her brother, he responded, “idk” meaning “I don’t know.”

ETA link:
Gabby Petito case: Laundrie’s sister was at the campground with family, attorney says | NewsNation Now

Maybe he had already absconded, so she isn’t lying.

yes, but per her own admission, she was hitting him. they would have had to arrest her as well. I understand DV completely.

No, as the vehicle was shared. They were engaged, and per GP he normally would say, lets take a walk apart. It looks as though he may have been trying to de-escalate the situation. That sounds like the right thing to do as apposed to continuing an argument. It sounds like everyone is twisting legal ownership into the issue.

I don't think anybody is "twisting" physical ownership of the van into this conversation.

We're saying, as a separate entity/complaint from "who owns it?", that it's pretty freakin' rude of the non-owner to claim it; and those who still believe in gender-based equality seem to consider it pretty darn unchivalrous of the man to be the person to jump into an enclosed vehicle and tell his tiny girlfriend, who, to add insult to injury, is the owner of said enclosed vehicle, to be the one to prowl the remote campsite area wherein two women were recently murdered.

Yes his parents didn’t mention that part. I guess that slipped their minds in all of their concern for his well-being.
Or a public appeal to help locate their son and to Brian to please go into the nearest police station. This would be a good start.

Or for any family member at this point on the behaves of BL's family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member