Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't he arrive at his parents on 9/1, and doesn't the sister also live in Florida? If so, it's possible he didn't drive the van to her house. jmo
Someone had a map showing she's kind of right on his way home. So if he passed her house, went to his parents then she came there, she would have seen the van. If he drove one of their cars, seems odd he wouldn't stop by on the way. Maybe they met up at a restaurant all together?

I'm thinking most likely was he stopped by on the way in, that makes sense with the route and I would think after an exhausting drive that fast he would be going to sleep fairly soon after getting home.

edit: was a different post with the map..

Another possibility is that she had been kept TOTALLY in the dark by her parents, so when he arrived at her house she didn't know that he and Gabby were back from out west only to learn that Gabby had not returned with him. That doesn't explain the presumption that he flew, though. She may still not know the story since it seems that her parents keep her in the dark. She can read, though, or is that a stretch? jmo

I dont think she meant to say "is".
She said "I assumed he flew back, because thats what he DID when he". Did is past tense possibly referring to when he flew back after the incident in Moab. JMO
yeah the change of tenses in the sentence doesn't make sense. unfortunately although there's a transcript we don't get to hear her actually say the sentence and get to listen to what she actually said.

And what really bothered me is they all lacked the experience to LISTEN and HEAR the story rather than just focusing on the words & whether they fit a statutory definition. I think more experienced LE would have treated BL with MUCH more suspicion and would have been more likely to at least get the actual story.

Which, IMO, is about his anger at her working, fighting over the keys as he wanted to control the vehicle & exclude her from it, his chasing HER down the street as the witness stated, none of that suggests SHE was the "aggressor" in the legal sense. He had no right to exclude her from the vehicle and leave her behind. Even given their "shared" use-that's what it was "shared" not HIS use. Yet LE on scene assumed it was HIS as they asked him if he was OK with her having the van. They never considered his trying to exclude her & leave her behind was any kind of a problem!

I can't really blame the officers as they were all doing their job, and not in a cavalier way, as they saw it. They took plenty of time yet still missed important details. Like it makes no sense the aggressor is a crying mess and the victim just gets happier and happier, joking, laughing etc as it becomes clear he's duped them. Like many have said it is all too common for abused women to minimize, take responsibility, protect the abuser. It's too bad none of them seemed to know that or see that in the situation.

But nothing they would have been able to do would have really changed anything unless it was an intervention to get them to separate permanently and that's just not reasonable to expect of LE.
Agree 100% with you
I also am so stuck on why they were fighting over the phone.... was she texting someone he didnt like? Was he over her posts and pics on IG? Something about that argument with the phone is sticking with me. MOO

BL’s parents did find themselves in a horrible situation when their son returned home Sept 1 (?), that they didn’t necessarily bring on themselves.
After that, They made a lot of bad decisions. Over many days:
Not answering calls from Petitos
Acquiring camper topper/planning trip
Acquiring new phone for him
And IMO lying about BL going to the nature preserve when police were looking for him.

To name a few
Per GP mom, did not happen over many days, or even before 9/10

yeah the change of tenses in the sentence doesn't make sense. unfortunately although there's a transcript we don't get to hear her actually say the sentence and get to listen to what she actually said.
I went looking for the recording and couldnt find it, thank you for verifying for me

I think he is in Cuba by way of chartered boat. <modsnip>
...and life will be wonderful for the underemployed BL. Cuba is not a Valhalla where warriors go to die among the swaying fields of wheat and weal. He's going to need financial support, a conduit of cash, a go-between. The more players added to the mix, the more likely there's going to be a slip up. Then, there's paying off anyone who recognizes you. Extortion. Then, there's that sweet, fat reward. 20K (170K?) goes a loooooong way in Havana. Then, there's Brian captured in the mountains and being held up as a political pawn. The list is endless.
MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Misinterpreted? I don't even know where to start.
I guess she wasn't under oath and she could lie to the media.

I did wonder that since De Soto park was closer to where his sister lives, she might have met him during that trip.
I feel very bad for her poor children who will have a tough time in school due to this case.

This sister to that to herself and her kids by going public. She probably (don't know) doesn't have that last name if she's married.

She could have stayed out of the public eye and no one would have been the wiser on who her brother is/was.

Could Brian Laundrie have escaped on Cruise Ship? Ex-FBI speculates

According to this source, former FBI agent John MacVeigh has now come forward to share his theory: Brian Laundrie could have escaped via a cruise ship or plane. MacVeigh suspected that Laundrie could have gone international.

In talks with ABC affiliate WPBF, the retired FBI agent said: “I assume those agents have been around everywhere, looking from the house to that park, to see was there any video, did they stop to get gas?

“Since the warrant’s been issued, then the FBI can issue a red notice, which goes to Interpol and it’s sent out to all the countries.”

BBM for anyone asking the source on INTERPOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member