Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

MEDIA, MAPS thread *NO DISCUSSION*

TIMELINE thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Case Players and Initials Reference List

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46

Last edited by a moderator:
Wfla Live Stream
Brian's Instagram:
Login • Instagram

Where we are at this time:
-A FEDERAL ARREST WARRANT HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR BRIAN RELATED TO DEBIT/CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS FOLLOWING THE DEATH OF GABBY.

-Dog the Bounty Hunter has joined the search
-Deer Cam individual has been identified and IS NOT BRIAN
-Brian Laundrie is officially named a POI by Law Enforcement
-Awareness foundation is approved for discussion
-Authorities have the van

-FBI has searched the Laundrie home
-Authorities are searching for BL who is now considered a missing person: current known search is at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park / Carlton Reserve
-BL’s parents shared with LE they have not seen BL since Tuesday

-Mustang has been towed and returned
-Autopsy determines homicide

———————————————
Mod Note:
Please Read and Acknowledge

-Gabby’s case is not connected to the double homicide - DO NOT BRING IT BACK INTO THE Thread
-DO NOT BRING IN COVID / COVID SHOTS
-DO NOT BRING IN MENTAL HEALTH

-Do not start or encourage conspiracy theories
-Speculation or suggestions of a hoax or drug use is not permitted
-Include links to sources
-Do not link to unapproved social media
-post to engage in dialogue, not to bicker or argue with fellow posters
-No sleuthing BL’s parents
-WS is Law Enforcement friendly - it OK to have an opinion on the status of events but do not openly bash LE on WS
-Find Gabby FB page is not approved
-NickTheHat Twitter IS NOT AN APPROVED JOURNALISM Source

Violations of the bullets above will result in an immediate time out. If you have a question or a concern, please use the report link at the bottom of any post rather than stating your concern in thread.

Complete list of rules can be found here: RULES

Thank you for helping us keep this thread open and running smoothly by following the rules and guidelines above. We don’t like closing threads any more than you like experiencing a thread closure.

Thanks for being amazing and valued WS members!!

Best to All,
Tiff

=====

APPROVED Social Media
Dash Cam Video from Red White & Bethune
Enhanced Van Video

Miranda Baker - Alleged to pick BL up Hitchhiking
Van Witness Video #2

Mod Note:

We are starting to lose focus that this thread is about Gabby and the current search for Brian.

Mental Health: Only bring it into the discussion if it is a statement in media or LE reports. Do not expand beyond what has been provided to us regarding Gabby and/or Brian and mental Health.

Domestic Violence: Many posters here have stories. In our own personal ways, we all have stories. The challenge we have in these threads is the separation of our personal stories and the focus of the thread.

This thread is about Gabby's story.

As mods, we have hearts, we care about each of you, and it is hard to delete a post on thread that may include your personal story. However, we have to remind ourselves this is about Gabby's story. Please keep her the focus of the thread.

ADMIN NOTE:

Discussing info that is in MSM about the parents is allowed. Sleuthing out information related to them, just because it is publicly available is not allowed.

If you don't understand the difference, private message a Mod or Admin and we will help clarify.

A Few Reminders from the Wild Ride of the last several days:

-Discussion of Dog the Bounty Hunter and his involvement as it relates to the search for Gabby is permitted. Discussion of Dog as an individual, his past, publicity and/or the generalities of him with regard to your personal opinions is not helpful in progressing the dialogue. In this regard posts will be considered “off topic

-The Twitter Account as presented by Chris McDonough: No longer approved

-Twitter of Dog’s Daughter in regards to Brians voice is approved as she is working the search with Dog.

Now for the Meat and Potatoes:
When the Admin or Mod Team approves something for discussion, it is simply that, “Approved for Discussion”. It is up to individual Posters to determine what they make of it and where they file it in their “yay or nay” list. Openly discussing differing points of view is helpful and what the forum is about.

Blatant arguing or responding to simply tell a poster “you are wrong” is not productive or permitted.
If you see an opinion from a different point of view, share why that is and with a link to support any statements of fact.

We are all adults here, let’s speak to one another in a civil manner. Imagine where the thread could go with more curiosity and less bickering and shut downs.

I know, quite a long opening post. Here is to fastening the seat belt.

Best,
Tiff

P.S. - IF you have a question regarding moderation or content approval, use the “report” link at the bottom of any post to reach a Mod or Admin privately without clogging up or disrupting the thread.

Due to excessive TOS violations the last several days, future violations in Gabby’s thread will result in an automatic 5 Day TO per the instruction of WS Owner, Tricia.

Last edited:
This thread is to discuss Gabby’s case.

Off topic posts have been removed. They run the gamut from discussing racoon poop, donkeys, the Australian or British judicial systems, the King or Queen, Caylee Anthony, or the debate about what style of sleuthing members can or cannot do, telling other members how/what to post, what WS does or does not allow compared to what was allowed back in the ‘good old days’, etc.

Members need to recognize that WS has gone from a few thousand members over the years to now having almost 200,000 members. Allowing the above type of off-topic posts (which are actually violations of TOS) takes the focus off the victim of the case and turns it into just what members would like to talk about at the moment. They can also seriously derail a thread.

Please discuss this case, not other cases, not other members, not how you think this or that should be allowed, stop the snark and attitude, debate and bickering over insigificant details that have nothing to do with Gabby’s case.

On another note, the presumption of innocence does not apply to WS members and other members of the general public who are allowed to have their own opinions. "Innocent until proven guilty" is a principle adhered to within the judicial system. We are not part of that process.

Thank you.

ADMIN NOTE:

Reminder from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

NOTE: Websleuths does not condone members becoming personally involved in cases by initiating contact with family members, case players, law enforcement, or the media. This does not preclude responding to a request for volunteers, or utilizing proper channels to report valid information, i.e., "a tip", to law enforcement.

If you submit a tip to law enforcement, do NOT announce it or discuss it in any way on the threads. Doing so has the potential to undermine an investigation.

Thank you, Websleuths, for giving us a place to express our concerns, our opinions, our collective experience as humans fascinated by true crime and violence, their causes, and all the people, including ourselves, affected by it. I am grateful that we would never camp out on someone's lawn with a bullhorn, or threaten innocent children, even though some things make us angry. I'm just saying, I am grateful for this place to vent (respectfully); share ideas and sleuth crime.

Last edited:
I've been going back over the timeline, and I really wish there was more information about what happened between the Moab stop and the Merry Piglets sighting. Starting with where did GP stay on the night of August 12 when they were separated by the police? What really was going on while she was in hotel in Salt Lake City and where BL? I don't really have anything to add, but I feel like a lot must have gone on in that time that could explain what happened later so I wish we knew more.

I can only assume (hope?) that the FBI is poring over tons of surveillance footage, check ins/outs, eyewitness accounts, etc.

I've been going back over the timeline, and I really wish there was more information about what happened between the Moab stop and the Merry Piglets sighting. Starting with where did GP stay on the night of August 12 when they were separated by the police? What really was going on while she was in hotel and where BL? I don't really have anything to add, but I feel like a lot must have gone on in that time that could explain what happened later so I wish we knew more.

I can only assume (hope?) that the FBI is poring over tons of surveillance footage, check ins/outs, eyewitness accounts, etc.
She did post that video during that time. She would've spent a great deal of time editing that, which would obviously be anticlimactic.

I've been going back over the timeline, and I really wish there was more information about what happened between the Moab stop and the Merry Piglets sighting. Starting with where did GP stay on the night of August 12 when they were separated by the police? What really was going on while she was in hotel in Salt Lake City and where BL? I don't really have anything to add, but I feel like a lot must have gone on in that time that could explain what happened later so I wish we knew more.

I've wondered in the back of my mind if the stay in the SLC hotel didn't involve waiting until unspecified bruising healed and she was photo-ready again. Good time to edit & post video, too, of course.

Reading the transcript of CL's interview with ABC, I believe we were misled by the paraphrasing describing the question she was asked, and her answer. That was a disservice. She does not say she hasn't seen him since he came back from WY. She says she hasn't been able to talk to him. And so far, nobody has reported that she was able to talk to him after the news about Gabby broke, or even as time goes on.

After that, we all thought we knew something. But we didn't really. I really hate it when media reports snip around a quote, and then I hate it when they misrepresent what was said. I hate to say it, but the lawyer seems very correct in this case.

I've wondered in the back of my mind if the stay in the SLC hotel didn't involve waiting until unspecified bruising healed and she was photo-ready again. Good time to edit & post video, too, of course.
Ugh, I didn't think of that. But of course, there could be a possibility she covered the bruising with makeup as well... but to me it looked like those bruises were the kind where it would be painful to move in certain ways based off their locations.

Adding to my own thoughts, MOO. If BL was really gone during that time then she wouldn't have had her driver there to go on any van adventures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member