Mexico - Kaleo Skye, 3 & Roxy Rain 10 mos, killed by dad, Rosarito, 10 Aug 2021 *arrest in CA*

Anyways, stay tuned--
Man accused of killing two young children set to stand trial (10news.com)
"The judge set his motion hearing/trial setting to begin on November 5 at 10:30 a.m."

Not trial starting, but set trial date.... as far as I understand this.
Yes, you understand correctly. That's why I posted that sentence, to show that they will meet to set a trial date, not that a trial is starting then. That would be way too fast, huh.

It’s pretty standard to initially plead not guilty, even if the defendant already admitted to their crime. imo
Why is that? I mean, if you know you did it and you told LE that you did it, why not plead guilty and spare the expense and time on a trial?

Why is that? I mean, if you know you did it and you told LE that you did it, why not plead guilty and spare the expense and time on a trial?

Good question - don't know "why".... It definitely is a waste of courts time & expense.....

this link explains it better than I can summarize (sorry, I usually hate when people just send you off to a link instead of explaining, but I’m on antibiotics and my brain is fuzzy)

How Should I Plead at Arraignment?

This might be of interest to some here. It doesn't apply to this case, but it's note worthy if you follow other California cases.

California ends mandatory minimum drug sentence rules (apnews.com)

Newsom also signed legislation expanding on a 2019 law that limited the use of the felony murder rule, which previously allowed accomplices in felonies to be convicted of murder if someone died. Two years ago, California restricted its application only to people who intended to kill, directly participated or acted with “reckless indifference to human life.”

The new law explicitly also includes voluntary manslaughter and attempted murder convictions as eligible for resentencing. The California Public Defenders Association said it could affect hundreds of inmates who were excluded by an appeals court decision as well as thousands of others who hadn’t applied because of the court’s narrow interpretation.
BBM

animated-dividing-line-image-0181.gif
animated-dividing-line-image-0181.gif

This might apply to this case. It's from another article about a sentencing where the defendant did get a death sentence from the jury.
"While use of the death penalty is under a moratorium in California, prosecutors have still sought the sentence in certain cases with the possibility of that policy being reversed in the future. The ban on capital punishment went into effect via a Gov. Gavin Newsom executive order in 2019 and will last at least for the remainder of his term in office."

BBM

It’s pretty standard to initially plead not guilty, even if the defendant already admitted to their crime. imo

In this specific case, there's probably a chance that the alleged confession given to authorities when MC apprehended at the border will be disregarded. For reasons unknow at this time, the murder charges by the criminal complaint were dismissed and same charges refiled by indictment of federal grand jury (and court venue changed). Although there's no doubt that MC committed the unthinkable here, I don't think this will be an easy, slam-dunk case for the federal prosecutors.

What an excellent piece of reporting—thanks for sharing!

Sounds like his spouse AC intentionally cultivated a bit of a “bad girl” image, at least while they were dating. This seems in contrast to MC’s more straitlaced persona. I wonder if there were any tensions in the marriage due to different attitudes towards things like drinking, etc. and if her (maybe more relaxed/permissive) attitude towards these things could’ve been interpreted by him as signs of her “serpent DNA.” Also sounds like she didn’t have much in the way of a career (no shade on her being a stay-at-home parent—only pointing this out because it seems like she was not bringing in any income to help support the family) other than occasionally working at the surf school. I won’t be shocked if financial problems in the household are eventually revealed at trial and are blamed, in part, for causing MC’s “mental break.” I only suspect this because AC is described in the Rolling Stone article as having previously been involved with MLMs, and we all know how often these “businesses” end up exacting an incredibly high financial toll on the unwitting “entrepreneurs” (and their families) who fall for their pitches.

QAnon's Deadly Price

Oct 9, 2021

[..]

Working against Coleman is an apparent admission in the federal complaint. “They asked him straight out, ‘Did you know what you did was wrong?’ He said yes,” Cucolo says. “It would seem that the cards are stacked against him.”

Even with his admission, however, there are still outstanding questions about what actually happened on the Mexican ranch that night. Ramirez, the man who found the bodies, says he called 911 around 7:30 that morning, and told authorities that he’d found two American children — he knew because they were so blond. Roxy and Kaleo had bruising on their faces, he says, and each had a single stab wound in their backs about “this size” — making a circle with his forefinger and thumb — the diameter of a bloody stake he found nearby, torn from the barbed-wire fence.

Official reports from Mexican and U.S. officials not only contradict each other, but also Ramirez’s account. According to the attorney general of Baja California in Mexico, Roxy was stabbed 12 times in the chest, while Kaleo was stabbed 17 times.

The FBI doesn’t enumerate the stab wounds, but says that Coleman admitted to “using a spear-fishing gun, piercing [Roxy] in the heart.” The complaint is also unclear on whether Coleman used the same method to kill his son, but says that he “described that he had to move the spear around [to kill Kaleo], thereby cutting his hand in the process.” Ramirez also believes they were naked when they were killed, and says he was told later by Mexican authorities that the clothes didn’t have blood on them — contradicting the FBI complaint saying that Coleman admitted to throwing away “bloody clothes.”

[..]

The DOJ refused to answer questions about the case.

IMO, the contradictions between authorities may help explain why the initial criminal complaint was dismissed and charges replaced with grand jury federal indictment. From the link, it appears that MC grew up religious and attended an evangelical college. There are probably hundreds of thousands that can say they've been influenced by QAnon and do not murder their children so I don't know that this topic will factor greatly in this trial. MOO

This is just my own take or MOO on what the expert said.
It seems that, in the end in the believers' minds, there isn't really a solid QAnon theory, but a hodgepodge of distrust and many conspiracy theories all thrown into the pool.

Q believers want to say they're all together in a movement, but each may end up throwing their own paranoid ideas or other conspiracy theories into the mix. The other cases mentioned in the article seem to confirm that it ends up being a hodgepodge of conspiracy theories and false beliefs. All MOO.

QAnon's Deadly Price
“QAnon is really interesting because it serves as a master conspiracy-theory belief into which lots of other beliefs can feed,” says Philip Corlett, an associate professor at Yale University’s Department of Psychology, and an expert on paranoia and conspiracy theories. The conspiracy’s adherents easily incorporate related theories, like the anti-Semitic belief that elites are secretly lizard people from space, or that 9/11 was an inside job, because of how wide-ranging they are, he says. It’s also spurred a growing number of murders...."

What an excellent piece of reporting—thanks for sharing!

Sounds like his spouse AC intentionally cultivated a bit of a “bad girl” image, at least while they were dating. This seems in contrast to MC’s more straitlaced persona. I wonder if there were any tensions in the marriage due to different attitudes towards things like drinking, etc. and if her (maybe more relaxed/permissive) attitude towards these things could’ve been interpreted by him as signs of her “serpent DNA.” Also sounds like she didn’t have much in the way of a career (no shade on her being a stay-at-home parent—only pointing this out because it seems like she was not bringing in any income to help support the family) other than occasionally working at the surf school. I won’t be shocked if financial problems in the household are eventually revealed at trial and are blamed, in part, for causing MC’s “mental break.” I only suspect this because AC is described in the Rolling Stone article as having previously been involved with MLMs, and we all know how often these “businesses” end up exacting an incredibly high financial toll on the unwitting “entrepreneurs” (and their families) who fall for their pitches.

I was shocked by the alcohol comment. In regards to her profession, per previous media reports AC was actually a nurse though, stopped working when she had the children.

QAnon's Deadly Price

Oct 9, 2021

[..]

Working against Coleman is an apparent admission in the federal complaint. “They asked him straight out, ‘Did you know what you did was wrong?’ He said yes,” Cucolo says. “It would seem that the cards are stacked against him.”

Even with his admission, however, there are still outstanding questions about what actually happened on the Mexican ranch that night. Ramirez, the man who found the bodies, says he called 911 around 7:30 that morning, and told authorities that he’d found two American children — he knew because they were so blond. Roxy and Kaleo had bruising on their faces, he says, and each had a single stab wound in their backs about “this size” — making a circle with his forefinger and thumb — the diameter of a bloody stake he found nearby, torn from the barbed-wire fence.

Official reports from Mexican and U.S. officials not only contradict each other, but also Ramirez’s account. According to the attorney general of Baja California in Mexico, Roxy was stabbed 12 times in the chest, while Kaleo was stabbed 17 times.

The FBI doesn’t enumerate the stab wounds, but says that Coleman admitted to “using a spear-fishing gun, piercing [Roxy] in the heart.” The complaint is also unclear on whether Coleman used the same method to kill his son, but says that he “described that he had to move the spear around [to kill Kaleo], thereby cutting his hand in the process.” Ramirez also believes they were naked when they were killed, and says he was told later by Mexican authorities that the clothes didn’t have blood on them — contradicting the FBI complaint saying that Coleman admitted to throwing away “bloody clothes.”

[..]

The DOJ refused to answer questions about the case.

IMO, the contradictions between authorities may help explain why the initial criminal complaint was dismissed and charges replaced with grand jury federal indictment. From the link, it appears that MC grew up religious and attended an evangelical college. There are probably hundreds of thousands that can say they've been influenced by QAnon and do not murder their children so I don't know that this topic will factor greatly in this trial. MOO

Will I be surprised if the defense comes up with: They were all kidnapped by a group of mexican gang members and MC was drugged and brainwashed or 'programmed' to believe that he actually was the one who killed the children. NO!!! lol.

I read a previous article that stated that MC admitted to using the spearfishing gun, but he wanted to make sure they were dead, so used the wooden stakes. I would not be surprised if this was some sort of parallel to the 'crucifiction' of Jesus on the cross.

The mother did not murder her children. He did. It's not her fault, no matter how much she liked or disliked partying or whatever, no matter if she worked outside the home or if she stayed home and took care of the kids. She didn't do this. He took his own children to México and murdered them in a horrible way.

The mother did not murder her children. He did. It's not her fault, no matter how much she liked or disliked partying or whatever, no matter if she worked outside the home or if she stayed home and took care of the kids. She didn't do this. He took his own children to México and murdered them in a horrible way.
Absolutely agreed!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back