Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fee

l feel his sister is between a rock and a hard wall! She did give an interview and spoke kindly about Gabby. Since the parents’ are saying nothing, who knows their feelings regarding her decision. Anything she does can end up a bad choice! I have no idea about her knowledge or involvement but it would be a hard spot to live in! Your brother has a huge manhunt after him, your parents are silent and you and your children have to face the public at work and school! I feel the sister should be left alone until more facts are known!
Then maybe her parent's could have been more cooperative and thought about how this would affect their other child and their grandchildren. They are supposed to care for them, not the media. MOO.

Maybe this is just me, but if I do something I’m not supposed to, the guilt eats me alive from the inside. Once when I was four, another kid offered me a Flintstones vitamin at the playground and I ate it despite my parents telling me to never eat accept pills from strangers and I carried that guilt inside me for 10 years. Literally 10 years later I was still thinking about this one incident. That’s why it is so astounding to me that IMO neither Brian nor his parents have shown even a smidgen of guilt. Of course we can’t see into their minds, but to me their actions don’t seem like those of people mourning the loss of their future daughter-in-law, MOO.

He hadn’t escaped anything. At that point, if it’s even true (and I have my doubts this traffic stop happened), Gabby hadn’t been reported missing. Nobody knew he should be looked at.

Yes. Still…. I am thinking purely Karma wise. After Moab and Piglets and possibly this ….,

<ModSnip quoted removed post>
Lots of speculation about where BL has run off to and/or is hiding. Chartered a boat to Cuba. Hopped on a cruise ship. Flew to a country where he won't be extradited. Etc.

But let's think for a moment how difficult something like that would be to arrange/finance at the drop of a hat. Imagine for a moment that something catastrophic happens and YOU personally have to abscond and disappear. Not just for a little while, but forever.

The first thing you're going to need is cash. A lot of it. You can't use debit/credit cards while you're on the lam, either your own or family members and other people close to you. So the first thing you need to do is get your hands on a lot of cash.

Transportation. You can't just take off in your own car or the car of a family member or friend. How are you going to travel from point A to point B? Rent a car? Charter a boat? Take a plane? For that, you need - ID.

You're going to need some form of false papers - ID, passport, birth certificate. Something. You can't rent a car, jump a plane, charter a boat without ID. And again, you're going to need cash to finance all that - unless you acquire a bank account or credit cards under your new identity.

You're also going to need contacts. It's easy to say, "Charter a boat to Cuba." But how does one do that without being detected? How would YOU personally accomplish that? You're a regular person. With a regular family. You don't have underworld or criminal contacts to even begin to help you get all that cash/ID and connection with a Cuban boat cabin that will take you to Cuba, no questions asked.

Even with 10 days prep time, where do you even start with doing all that and remaining completely undetected? Is is possible? Sure, I guess. But really think about how you, an average Joe, would accomplish this hurculean task? Even with your family helping you? All of their activities would have to be undetected, too.

It's not easy for the average person to just "disappear" forever into the sunset. And especially not for a 23 year old kid who has never been away from his mother and who has no resources/contacts whatsoever.

And even if BL did run off into that swamp, then what? He still has to overcome all the problems I've listed above. Not to mention LE and FBI BOLO's out for you everywhere. You can't be in the open moving around - renting a car, taking a bus, sleeping at a homeless shelter, hitchhikking without someone noticing you and calling it in. How long can you wander around in a swamp without adequate food, fresh water, shelter? He has to come out sooner or later, if he hasn't already.

Sorry for the wall of text, but this kid really has no options, and I highly doubt he is drinking margaritas at a villa in The Bahamas.

MOO

Precisely. This is what's so mindbending to me. They seem like an assuming 'average Joe' family so how on earth have they managed to achieve this.

Financial forensics will be all over their bank accounts, transactions and transfers, and like you say, to be able to just disappear and STAY hidden would surely require some kind of underworld connections or atleast connections to those expertly skilled in escape and evasion techniques.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I didn’t quote CharelstonGal’s post, I agree. Sorry it was long. Most speculation about BL being in another country etc. is a stretch. It is in fact not that easy to disappear. I believe he is held up somewhere indoors waiting. With the attention on this case I believe someone would hav come forward already at least stating they saw him. I also think we all agree that BL’s families action are BS, they are not POIs and have zero obligation to say anything. This site has always to my knowledge been dedicated to searching for the lost and justice. Not trashing people because we don’t agree with their actions. Just my opinion.

Okay.....so why do the parents 'think' that he is still in FLA? To throw LE off or because they actually 'know' something. So, that's my follow up question. Concerned and hopeful
are pretty generic. I'd be out of my mind and devastated by this tragedy. JMO.
Who can believe a word they say? It's starting to look like they need to get their affairs in order in anticipation of an extended "vacation".

Amateur opinion and speculation

Lots of speculation about where BL has run off to and/or is hiding. Chartered a boat to Cuba. Hopped on a cruise ship. Flew to a country where he won't be extradited. Etc.

But let's think for a moment how difficult something like that would be to arrange/finance at the drop of a hat. Imagine for a moment that something catastrophic happens and YOU personally have to abscond and disappear. Not just for a little while, but forever.

The first thing you're going to need is cash. A lot of it. You can't use debit/credit cards while you're on the lam, either your own or family members and other people close to you. So the first thing you need to do is get your hands on a lot of cash.

Transportation. You can't just take off in your own car or the car of a family member or friend. How are you going to travel from point A to point B? Rent a car? Charter a boat? Take a plane? For that, you need - ID.

You're going to need some form of false papers - ID, passport, birth certificate. Something. You can't rent a car, jump a plane, charter a boat without ID. And again, you're going to need cash to finance all that - unless you acquire a bank account or credit cards under your new identity.

You're also going to need contacts. It's easy to say, "Charter a boat to Cuba." But how does one do that without being detected? How would YOU personally accomplish that? You're a regular person. With a regular family. You don't have underworld or criminal contacts to even begin to help you get all that cash/ID and connection with a Cuban boat cabin that will take you to Cuba, no questions asked.

Even with 10 days prep time, where do you even start with doing all that and remaining completely undetected? Is is possible? Sure, I guess. But really think about how you, an average Joe, would accomplish this hurculean task? Even with your family helping you? All of their activities would have to be undetected, too.

It's not easy for the average person to just "disappear" forever into the sunset. And especially not for a 23 year old kid who has never been away from his mother and who has no resources/contacts whatsoever.

And even if BL did run off into that swamp, then what? He still has to overcome all the problems I've listed above. Not to mention LE and FBI BOLO's out for you everywhere. You can't be in the open moving around - renting a car, taking a bus, sleeping at a homeless shelter, hitchhikking without someone noticing you and calling it in. How long can you wander around in a swamp without adequate food, fresh water, shelter? He has to come out sooner or later, if he hasn't already.

Sorry for the wall of text, but this kid really has no options, and I highly doubt he is drinking margaritas at a villa in The Bahamas.

MOO

Precisely. This is what's so mindbending to me. They seem like an assuming 'average Joe' family so how on earth have they managed to achieve this.

Financial forensics will be all over their bank accounts, transactions and transfers, and like you say, to be able to just disappear and STAY hidden would surely require some kind of underworld connections or atleast connections to those expertly skilled in escape and evasion techniques.

MOO

I agree with the comments above, that the missing 5-6 days of BL's "flight home" are, to me, the key to the entire case. (I'm still not convinced he actually took a flight home; has a plane manifest confirmed this??)
I feel that this may have been a way to cover for BL during a critical time, the events of which the family does not want getting out. This for me is the idea whether he actually flew home or not. Those days were the hinge of the whole swinging pendulum that led to the later tragedy.
I also wonder if BL had made up his mind to hurt GP (because they fought and she tried to end it?) and maybe he flew home to do some preparations for his intended hiding afterward, or even to grab a gun or other items for that particular purpose? This might explain his extreme agitation and hair-trigger rage upon returning to the West and to Gabby: perhaps he knew what he was about to do and was aggravated both by guilt and by frustration at not having found the right time and place. All moo, all pure speculation.

MOO

Or a friend who will let him stay at their house. All he has to do it get to one friend or relative in an untraceable way. Pretty simple actually.

Last edited:
It sucks she is drug into this. I hope her kids aren’t school age. I’d hate to hear what other kids will say to them.
Sadly she inserted herself into the situation <modsnip - opinion stated as fact>. If in fact BL stopped by on the 1st and then she saw him during the camping trip, she too, is pants on fire. This is diametrically opposed to the interview she did with ABC News.

It seems the family has a predilection to avoiding the truth.
screwy.gif

In the sand dune TikTok, one would not be able to see the bruise (which a couple of us think we see) on Gabby's neck if she didn't have her hair tied back and it wasn't shot from behind. Same with the two fingertip sized bruises on her back.

Lots of abusers know exactly where to place their hands so that a woman can easily hide the bruises. (Been there, done that).

this.. ( been there , done that) Glad you are here. Peace

I keep thinking that if I was a Florida LEO I'd be watching the parents like hawks and arrest one or both for anything and everything. I know they wouldn't say much at all, and would probably keep getting bonded out, but I'd make sure they felt the pressure on all the time. From jaywalking to parking too close to a curb to driving one mile over the speed limit...any and all offenses that a person could be arrested for. If nothing else they become very well known to LEOs and that might help lead to more information in some way.

Generally I agree with your opinion.

I was struck by her avoiding any "love" for Gabby. Her kids love and adore Gabby, but CL never says she feels the same way.

I understand that an interview may have been spur of the moment, but the lack of CL expressing any direct feelings about Gabby grabbed my attention.

Hope there is clarity in the future.

I noticed the same and a strange micro expression. I guess Cassie wasn't fond of Gabby. <modsnip>MOO.

Or a friend who will let him stay at their house. All he has to do it get to one friend or relative in an intractable way. Pretty simple actually.
Responding with a question and a thought. Was there ever a gun missing??? A million threads back I 'thought' this was mentioned. So in that way who is to say he is not with a friend of sorts and threatening them. PURE speculation. Just thinking. JMO. But was there actually a 'missing gun?'

I think they drew straws and CL got the short one. I think to sit through an interview with MSM without a set of questions preposed before hand is a very hard thing. It must have felt like nothing short of a deposition. I do not believe she really knew the whole of the situation... JMO.

Yep, she was the sacrificial lamb, although she got lucky in that the interviewer's questions were so ambiguous and jumbled, it COULD let her off the hook.

Thank goodness she wasn't being interviewed by a time-served investigative journalist who really knew how to ask direct questions that left absolutely no room for doubt..

MOO

I keep thinking that if I was a Florida LEO I'd be watching the parents like hawks and arrest one or both for anything and everything. I know they wouldn't say much at all, and would probably keep getting bonded out, but I'd make sure they felt the pressure on all the time. From jaywalking to parking too close to a curb to driving one mile over the speed limit...any and all offenses that a person could be arrested for. If nothing else they become very well known to LEOs and that might help lead to more information in some way.

Wouldn't that be harassment?

Maybe this is just me, but if I do something I’m not supposed to, the guilt eats me alive from the inside. Once when I was four, another kid offered me a Flintstones vitamin at the playground and I ate it despite my parents telling me to never eat accept pills from strangers and I carried that guilt inside me for 10 years. Literally 10 years later I was still thinking about this one incident. That’s why it is so astounding to me that IMO neither Brian nor his parents have shown even a smidgen of guilt. Of course we can’t see into their minds, but to me their actions don’t seem like those of people mourning the loss of their future daughter-in-law, MOO.

Some people do not have a conscience and lack the ability for empathy where most people do.
Luckily you have a strong sense of conscience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member