Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anderson Cooper has a reporter that is standing in front of BL's parents house. She is reporting that there have been sighting's of BL in Boone (County) NC. Has this already been discussed?t was

LE has been notified and also she said that the FBI was notified early this morning. How reliable is this information?
Yes, that was weeks ago and it was determined it was not him.

ooo he was a smooth operator, all right.. no hesitation at all, he was immediately onto it, he' d done this lots of times before... and he never wavered, in the end.

( He had been reported to be slapping a woman in the main street, reported by an actual police op for speeding, and then hitting the kerb ) and then as he really hits his stride, he has the coppers bringing him water, knocking knuckles with him, and even standing in front of him sitting on the kerb so he could have some shade !..

People!!... I ask you....

Is it any wonder that poor Gabby melted in defeat when the officer approached her and questioned her during the incident?

IMO <modsnip>

This scenario is not uncommon for many female victims of intimate partner violence.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my thought as well. When Jayme Closs was missing her captor was with her hiding in one place the entire time, in a familiar to him place. I bet BL is right under LE's nose.
I used to live very close to Myakkahatchee Creek Park where the Mustang was parked. It is a residential area, but most of the lots are 5 acres or more between Estates Dr and Tropicaire Blvd. Many of them are completely vacant, and he could have easily walked up a street and slipped into a vacant lot and could be there the whole time. Just my pure speculation, he could be in the area of the park but not actually IN the reserve.
Google Maps

Interesting. I almost always agree with your assessments but I really see this one differently. First, the family’s collective actions lead me to withhold the benefit of the doubt I’d usually afford to someone unknown to me.

I think CL was well aware that ANY conversation with her brother would be important & newsworthy since no one had seen or talked to him. And she clearly talked to him. You don’t spend time with someone twice in a short time frame but not speak.

Don’t you think there would be follow up questions if she had indicated that she had seen him twice since he came home without Gabby?

I am completely & totally just as suspicious of her as I am of the rest of the family.

I have a hard time attributing the sins of BL and even his parents to a married mother of 2 with her own life that lived 40 miles away and has not been charged with a crime. LE has not said she is not cooperating. She said in her interview that she spoke to LE as soon as they called her - she called them back from Disney. We haven't seen any statement from LE that she is not cooperating or is involved in any way.

I don't know what everyone else's families look like but in mine, I don't know what my brother does every day. We both have our own families. We text good morning every couple of days but that's it. If my brother told me him and his partner broke up, I would probably text back "I'm so sorry" and literally not think about it again. I'd feel sad for him but I have my own family and my own business and my own life. I'm sure he would feel exactly the same.

So to think that CL, a married mother of two, spent a lot of time investigating her little brother's situation before the police even got involved is just bizarre to me.

I get that everyone wishes something different happened. That Gabby never went on the trip. That they broke up in Utah. That BL's parents called the cops on 9/1. That the police took the missing persons report seriously on 9/10 and insisted on seeing BL. That the cops used surveillance on BL so he was never allowed to escape. That everyone who assisted in any way is charged with applicable crimes.

But I just can't see the picking apart of someone, CL, who has her own life and there has been not one suggestion by LE that she did anything wrong. If she's arrested I will happily join in the sleuthing and criticism but until then I think it is wildly inappropriate and irresponsible, IMO.

When there's no news, sometimes it is time to take a break or research a different case. Otherwise it quickly turns into a mob against innocents. It happens time and time again.

I agree with what you are saying 100%. But I also think this thread needs to put the DV stop to bed already. It serves zero purpose in finding BL for Justice for Gabby. It only serves as a springboard for everyone to get their opinions and emotions out about domestic abuse. It’s not actually solving anything, just getting people angry. Which is no bueno for any of us. Sorry, not totally directed at you, I’m just soooo over this particular topic/argument already.

I hear you & understand what you're saying.

But their relationship pattern is almost unavoidably relevant if "finding BL [is part of] Justice for Gabby," isn't it? I have to think that it's a part of the analysis by LE in their hunt approach (and it also seems relevant in the context of assessing the approach and actions taken during the stop in Moab; if police misread the situation, they may or may not have missed good opportunities or wound up with a different outcome. And if that's accurate, then sorting out what/if there was a DV situation could very much play a part in the ultimate legal/justice outcome of the case.)

(Also, in the broader scheme of things, there just doesn't seem to be that much right now other than (actual) sightings and leads that could actually get things closer to justice, I don't think...though I'd love to hear a different perspective!)

It seems that the relationship took a turn for the worse on 12 August with the incident outside the Moonflower.

BL was in Florida between Aug. 17-23. IMO it’s more than a little suspicious that he returned half way through their planned 4 month trip to help his father move things into or out of the storage unit. His parents knew about the trip well in advance, so why would he ask him to return when he could have done it himself over the course of days or weeks.

Gabby regularly posted her family of their whereabouts but the updates started becoming less frequent in mid-August.

On Aug. 25 the following happened:

Her mother had her last verbal contact with Gabby.
BL had the full-blown argument with staff at the Merry Piglets.
Her mom received the strange text and became concerned for Gabby’s safety.
Her phone was no longer operational after this date.

On Sept. 1 BL returned home with the van but not with Gabby.

Looking back, there were signs that a storm was brewing.

What reason do you think Gabby gave her parents for sobbing, while she was talking to them from the back of the police cruiser?

About 42 minutes into the police stop in Utah, video shows Laundrie reach into the passenger side of the van. He hands a female law enforcement official Petito’s cellphone.

“She’s got her cellphone. She’s calling her parents,” the officer told other officials minutes later.

Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie investigation: 2 phones seen in police body cam video from Utah incident
This has bothered me.
Who exactly did Gabby call from the back seat of the police car?
What did she say?
Did she really call any of her parents?
If she did, they have not revealed it.
Why?
I can't imagine her parents not immediately going to her and trying to get Gabby out of this toxic relationship.

IMHO the body cam footage of the traffic stop is proof of how BL could take control of a problematic situation and bend it to his will by convincing the officers on scene that GP was the primary aggressor despite the original 911 callers who said the opposite. MOO.
From what I saw, they convinced themselves she was the aggressor. It seemed to me like BL just ran with it so as not to get in trouble.

the fact is, BL hit Gabby and there were red flags everywhere that he did more than that. I think the point is, BL is an abuser and Gabby was stuck on the road exposed to his abuse.

I think my point was pretty clear. If you choose to speculate or inject your own emotions into something I can’t make it any clearer. But I’ll try, I never said to be a DV victim is shameful or disrespectful. My comment said “what if”. What if she’s Not in fact a DV victim, then we are making her one which is wrong of us to do to her memory, her family. Our acts our disrespectful.

^— This! It’s very odd that there is ZERO community, family, neighborhood support for the Laundries.

I suspect that is inaccurate. Thinking of a couple of probable examples .... imo

There was an argument on the street between a bullhorner and a neighbour, who appeared empathetic to the Laundries.

There has been flowers arrive at the home that were "for the Laundries" according to the delivery person.

(Links previously posted)

Anderson Cooper has a reporter that is standing in front of BL's parents house. She is reporting that there have been sighting's of BL in Boone (County) NC. Has this already been discussed?

LE has been notified and also she said that the FBI was notified early this morning. How reliable is this information?
Randi Kaye is a reliable reporter as far as I know. As is AC. jmo

well, someone subject to abuse has suffered a campaign to make them believe they are always wrong and at fault, and that the abuser will always be believed and no one will believe or side with the victim. So regardless of who approached her, she may have assumed they already believed BL and took his side and she had to be apologetic and self-blaming.

Is it any wonder that poor Gabby melted in defeat when the officer approached her and questioned her during the incident?

IMO, she recognized that she was outnumbered by the Good Old Boys Club and she acted to protect herself.

This scenario is not uncommon for many female victims of intimate partner violence.

This has bothered me.
Who exactly did Gabby call from the back seat of the police car?
What did she say?
Did she really call any of her parents?
If she did, they have not revealed it.
Why?
I can't imagine her parents not immediately going to her and trying to get Gabby out of this toxic relationship.

Yes, it bothers me, too.

I have a hard time attributing the sins of BL and even his parents to a married mother of 2 with her own life that lived 40 miles away and has not been charged with a crime. LE has not said she is not cooperating. She said in her interview that she spoke to LE as soon as they called her - she called them back from Disney. We haven't seen any statement from LE that she is not cooperating or is involved in any way.

I don't know what everyone else's families look like but in mine, I don't know what my brother does every day. We both have our own families. We text good morning every couple of days but that's it. If my brother told me him and his partner broke up, I would probably text back "I'm so sorry" and literally not think about it again. I'd feel sad for him but I have my own family and my own business and my own life. I'm sure he would feel exactly the same.

So to think that CL, a married mother of two, spent a lot of time investigating her little brother's situation before the police even got involved is just bizarre to me.

I get that everyone wishes something different happened. That Gabby never went on the trip. That they broke up in Utah. That BL's parents called the cops on 9/1. That the police took the missing persons report seriously on 9/10 and insisted on seeing BL. That the cops used surveillance on BL so he was never allowed to escape. That everyone who assisted in any way is charged with applicable crimes.

But I just can't see the picking apart of someone, CL, who has her own life and there has been not one suggestion by LE that she did anything wrong. If she's arrested I will happily join in the sleuthing and criticism but until then I think it is wildly inappropriate and irresponsible, IMO.

When there's no news, sometimes it is time to take a break or research a different case. Otherwise it quickly turns into a mob against innocents. It happens time and time again.

Very well said. Plus, the evidence for CL lying is not very solid the first place, IMO. See #196

On Wednesday afternoon, BL’s father walked outside for the first time since Tuesday morning as protesters and media continued to wait outside their home for answers. He cracked open his front door to pick up a box of Dunkin Donuts, other boxes and flowers that had been delivered to his home earlier that day.

Delivery services including FedEx, Amazon, local florists and food delivery apps like GrubHub continue to leave things at their front door as they wait inside for hours on end.

Brian Laundrie's dad receives Dunkin Donuts, other packages outside house as America hunts son

Unless a person telephoned in advance to say they were sending food, and what it was, all of it should have been tossed in the garbage bin. They’re not exactly the most liked parents on the planet right now and the food could have been laced with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSmurf1