Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
this case has me completely befuddled,
I need to know what will happen if Brian is never found, will that be the end of it, will we just never know anything else about it? or if Brian is found dead, will we still get autopsy results and documents of what the FBI knows so far?
this waiting is driving me crazy!

The events of 8/25 make me think something bigger was going on that BL was losing his grip about - beyond DV dynamics. I am starting to think BL needed to protect some information about himself and/or himself and Gabby had something on him that he was not in control of (to end a sentence with a preposition). I also find the DV call in Moab, which appears to have been over a phone to begin with, relevant to timing and place and the initiation of escalating aggression on the part of BL. I think there is a larger pattern pertaining to BL about which Gabby was unable or unwilling to cover or protect him, and she may have had evidence on her phone. I might even go so far as to predict that her murder weapon might have been a phone.

It seems that the relationship took a turn for the worse on 12 August with the incident outside the Moonflower.

BL was in Florida between Aug. 17-23. IMO it’s more than a little suspicious that he returned half way through their planned 4 month trip to help his father move things into or out of the storage unit. His parents knew about the trip well in advance, so why would he ask him to return when he could have done it himself over the course of days or weeks.

Gabby regularly posted her family of their whereabouts but the updates started becoming less frequent in mid-August.

On Aug. 25 the following happened:

Her mother had her last verbal contact with Gabby.
BL had the full-blown argument with staff at the Merry Piglets.
Her mom received the strange text and became concerned for Gabby’s safety.
Her phone was no longer operational after this date.

On Sept. 1 BL returned home with the van but not with Gabby.

Looking back, there were signs that a storm was brewing.

The early days of the Suzanne Morphew case were rife with supporters and friends of Barry coming forward, making webpages (one is still up). Barry still seems to have friends, even now.

I think the clues to BL's life are in his social media - there's a lot of it.
Very interesting to learn this, thanks! I didn't follow that case, but I imagine it does happen more than I would expect!

So, if BL is in Mexico, central America or elsewhere outside the country how is he surviving? He isn't wealthy. I'm speculating BLs parents finances are being monitored by LE for transactions abroad. I just can't see him being able.to support himself while living abroad. It is my guess he is living in close proximity to an area he knows extremely well in the CONUS.

Agree -- KISS -- Keep it simple, stupid.
The key to his hiding, etc., if he is still alive and hiding, is that he has got to have cash. No cards unless he is able to steal them and use those quickly. But I don't think even he is that stupid. (Yes, Ted Bundy did it rarely, but he was not nearly as well-known and was not in MSM at least once a week all over the US.)
Cash, cash, cash. Money talks, BS has nowhere to hide and/or starves. Just my 2 cents.

I agree wit you. IMO this topic needs to be revisited once we have more facts. I just think there is not enough off just the DV stop. Now, if you are talking BL behavior then adding in the restaurant stop definitely plays a part into his psychological mind frame. This timing was closer to the murder IMO so I believe that LE will be looking for anything from did he ingest anything that would affect his behavior? Or does he take meds? That kind of thing IMO. Law enforcement aren’t focusing on the DV stop at all. IMO they will want to know where is heads at so how will he react when captured. Is he armed? Does he have weapons? Once it goes to court IMO I think the DV will play a role on the defense side and highlight who was victim/who was abuser. Same with the prosecution’s angle. JMO BUT, then again it may not play at all… just depends on the autopsy results. Those will be key in my opinion.

You cannot possibly know what LE are focusing on. She is dead at allegedly, the hands of her intimate partner. That is domestic violence.

I agree with you!

Also…I feel like everyone has ripped the Laundrie parents a new one for not saying anything at all & coming off as cruel (IMO - also IMO rightfully deserved…the way they’ve handled this is totally not right & I say cruel bc IMO what they put Gabby’s family thru was cruel…all IMO). Then CL talked to the media relatively quickly. She said she talked to the police. She seemed to be cooperating as far as we know IMO. She provided those post cards. She agreed to take an interview on national television. Even then, she’s still getting ripped a new one. Seems like she’s in a position where she can’t win no matter what she does even if she fully cooperated & did nothing wrong or if she’s in on everything…it’s a lose-lose for her right now. All IMO of course.

How is it cooperating when she and her parents ghost Gabby's parents?

1. Truck and camper at home
2. Camper at De Soto (now off the truck and has stairs)
3. Campsite 1, at De Soto (new camper). Note proximity to adjacent site.
4. Campsite 1 with water view
5. This was news to me - Gabby and BL had previously visited De Soto. She is pictured sitting on 1 of the 3 seawalls.

Maybe she called her grandfather, Stan, instead of her mom. That would explain why Stan kept calling when BL had GP's phone and (posing as GP), he texted her parent to stop Stan from calling. IMO.

I don’t know?..I’m a grandmother and I definitely wouldn’t have kept quiet.

They referenced it early on. They said she and her mother texted one another a lot post the incident, without mentioning the incident specifically. I assume she did call her mother from the car. imo.
Is it possible she called her grandfather?
I don't believe Gabby called any of her parents during the police stop.
Who, if anyone, did she call?
What did she say to them?

I haven't heard this addressed by Gabby's family or the press.

ETA: I believe JP said he didn't know that things were deteriorating between Gabby and Brian.
Didn't he say something like - if he had known he would have taken the next flight out and taken care of things.
I believe he would have too.
Total speculation, but is it possible she called her grandfather? Do we know anything about her grandfather (ie; law enforcement background, lawyer, how close he and GP were)?

I didn't say she committed suicide. There have been many cases where remains have been overlooked when searches by professionals have taken place only to be found by random people after the organized searches have ended.

I'm really not sure what you are saying.

Your previous post offered a couple of hypotheticals:

"[W]hat if (BL) left her without any means of survival? What if she died of dehydration?"

Her body was found a short walk from a heavily-traveled road in a campground full of vacationers. The means of survival were very close. The autopsy of her body found that she died from homicide so obviously there is evidence we are not privy to that she did not die of dehydration.

"What if she inflicted wounds on her own body in her agony? What if he found her lifeless body and just left her there?""

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "inflicted wounds on her own body in her agony." Tt seems like a flowery way to say that she killed herself. We know she didn't, the manner of death is officially homicide, though the means have not been revealed yet. If you didn't mean suicide, then she sat down in a place that is a fifteen-minute walk from the road in a busy and fully-booked campground and did... what? Ripped her own flesh until she died? I'm confused.

Last edited:
I need to know what will happen if Brian is never found, will that be the end of it, will we just never know anything else about it? or if Brian is found dead, will we still get autopsy results and documents of what the FBI knows so far?
We would get information if it is found that he was abetted and those persons are identified and arrested and charged. He is now a fugitive, so helping him hide is a crime. jmo

If they never find BL, the case will likely be relegated to the cold case files (to be rewarmed, should there be reason to do so). And cold case investigators will go over the files for anything that might have been missed, when/if they have the opportunity.

If BL is found deceased, that will be the end of it.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members