Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we don't know what LE knows, I don't see how one opinion rises above another.

I can theorize both were extremely exhausted and stressed from being cooped up in a vehicle traveling. They got on each other's very last nerve until finally BL got rid of the noise once and for all. No premeditation but homicide/murder nonetheless. JUST AN OPINION

Yes, but why do we have these posters trying to prove that she was an aggressor? She is dead, but they are still trying to paint her as the aggressor? I can only conclude that they are saying because she slapped him first (debatable), she deserved to be found dead in a field. What other purpose is there to going over and over that traffic stop and declaring her somehow guilty.
I don't know why anyone wouldn't see those clips and immediately understand what they were seeing was a man long adjusted to removing himself from his own consequences , a man cool with his own violence, so cool he looks like he could be at a tea party, instead of a traffic stop and a civil assault matter, and a woman with all the characteristics of someone having just endured a vile invasion of her entity and a physical intimidation of her person, in public.

She had the posture, that grasping of her diaphragm , bending over at the knee, that you see in people coming out of war invasion events.

So.. It beats me , Jay!

He gets off? I'm just laying out the possibility of an alternative scenario, since none of know what actually happened or what was really going on. People seem to think they have an inside track--maybe they do, maybe they don't, but IMO, there are other considerations that don't seem to be the popular narrative.

With regards to the money Brian used on his way back to FLA, I don't think it's been confirmed that the accounts he accessed were Gabby's, they could have been his parents' accounts for all we know. But say they were accounts in Gabby's name--who's to say he didn't contribute to her account for the trip. I'm just one who doesn't like to make broadsweeping assumptions...the obvious is not always the reality. I think we're all working off of limited information and forming opinions, or in my case, alternate theories. You don't need to be a sleuth if you take things at face value, do you?
Well, we do know that Gabby was found dead only a few hundred yards away from where her van was parked and coincidentally, BL arrived home in that same van. And it does not matter if he contributed to the funds in Gabby's account. <modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
He gets off? I'm just laying out the possibility of an alternative scenario, since none of know what actually happened or what was really going on. People seem to think they have an inside track--maybe they do, maybe they don't, but IMO, there are other considerations that don't seem to be the popular narrative.

With regards to the money Brian used on his way back to FLA, I don't think it's been confirmed that the accounts he accessed were Gabby's, they could have been his parents' accounts for all we know. But say they were accounts in Gabby's name--who's to say he didn't contribute to her account for the trip. I'm just one who doesn't like to make broadsweeping assumptions...the obvious is not always the reality. I think we're all working off of limited information and forming opinions, or in my case, alternate theories. You don't need to be a sleuth if you take things at face value, do you?

1. If the accounts were his parents', the only way he'd be on a Fed warrant for it is if they were saying they didn't give permission (since they are alive, it's possible to ask and for them to give authority). And some young adult taking money from his live parents ' accounts isn't going to trigger a manhunt involving multiple agencies.

So, obviously not.

2. If his name is not on the account, the money is not legally his without some sort of legal proceeding. If she is dead, she can't authorize anything.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds crazy but why can't a state contract with professionals and do a facetime call right there and get an initial professional opinion, hell put them on alert when you receive the 911 DV call, there is likely a way to patch all the body cams but if not just use a phone or Ipad.

Have them do a quick interview, etc.

TBH I don't know what they're gonna do with this but you can bet that this case will necessarily dictate some sort of reform. It will be rough for the couple who really is not dealing with abuse to have one of them hauled off. There's no question. This road to reform is gonna be a rough road to navigate with a delicate balance for those situations not like BL and GB (their situation was clear - and there were witnesses and a 911 call).

I don't envy them but do agree something must be done. And, your suggestion is a good one IMO. Separate them and have them speak independently to a professional. Haul them in have the separation and discussion if necessary. Your suggestion is one for their "suggestion box", IMO.

Regardless of the penalties, they still hit each other, they still both put wounds on each other, and the police still could not determine who started it. I know there are repercussions, and so do the police when they make countless arrests like these of innocent people. This is something that happens every day to people who the charges are later dropped on.

I don't think that officers should be deciding not to arrest someone because they are afraid of sullying that person's record. That's in fact what they did in this case, and I'm not saying Gabby is dead because of it, but I'm saying if they'd arrested her or him or both, the chain of events would have changed and Gabby would be alive -- with a record, but alive.

That may be your opinion, but the police may have other opinions. Like not ruining the chance of future aspriations of young people, while simultaneously splitting up the involved people for some calm and re-thinking, and having Gabby phone her parents who might have been able to help her.

Well, we do know that Gabby was found dead only a few hundred yards away from where her van was parked and coincidentally, BL arrived home in that same van. And it does not matter if he contributed to the funds in Gabby's account. You are being precious here. Who else's debit cards would he be in possession of?
You have not given an alternate scenario. Give us one.
I thought for sure I proposed that the accounts could have been his parent's accounts for all we know.

My feeling is that LE asked Gabby the wrong question! Instead of did he slap you? It should have been a generic tell me what happened and start at the Cafe. More may have been told. If the van registration had been checked they would have realized that it was her van and he was trying to keep her out! Imagine being abandoned where you don’t know anyone with no transportation, no phone and no wallet! I feel she was in fight or flight trying to get back in the van. I still feel a big clue in all of this was BL’s flying home and then flying back! Why was this necessary?

They may appear that way to us, but Gabby said Brian grabbed her arm to stop her from hitting him.
I'm not sure what Gabby had told the LEO's can be trusted 100%. IF the abuse was as bad as some of us think it could have been, she would have most likely been afraid of repercussions from BL. She could have easily said anything just to not make her abuser even more angry with her.

Yes
Listening to the bodycam tonight and thinking through all the things that were likely unsaid. I am then struck by what was said, "He grabbed me with his nail".

Thinking about that....It seems unusual to say that. It would seem you would say he "scratched me", or just he "grabbed my face", or if you were being brutally honest possibly "he grabbed my face and purposely held it and dug his nail into it". MOO. Is that what had happened? Is she minimizing the even with this statement? I think so, unfortunately.

How long were Brian's nails anyway? Doesn't it seem uncommon that a man would be able to scratch a face with a nail? Unless they purposely had long nails like some guitar players do?

awesome observation hmmmm

Or at least have someone that can come to the scene right then and do an assessment. My guess is they don't have that many DV calls to warrant the cost.

Yea but certainly a state could have a handful on call, I would say regionally but there may need to be certified in the state that is calling, not to mention some county governments should have somewhat qualified officials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
0maj0