Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot bear to watch the bodycam videos, but for those of you who have seen them: do any of the police officers ask Gabby if there's anyone she can call?
Gabby was given her phone by the female park ranger (Ranger Hulls) and supposedly called somebody. Who it was; we do not know or even IF she called anybody at all.

There is apparently bodycam footage from the Park Service officer(s) on scene, but it is not being publicly released at this point.

National Park Service stonewalls public records in Gabby Petito case
They're not going to release it IMOO. Park Rangers are federal employees. Federal jurisdiction. This is an ongoing and active federal investigation. I just don't see a federal district court granting a FOIA over the objections of Federal LE. MOO And, you see on body cam 2 she was speaking with BL.
When it's over, yes. When it's at trial if it ever gets there, yes. After he's in custody *maybe*, but probably not. Jury pool considerations. Not that the whole world doesn't know everything about this already anyway.MOO

Last edited:
I thought for sure I proposed that the accounts could have been his parent's accounts for all we know.

IMO if the parents were willing to help him go on the run (which it definitely appears they did) then why in the world would they report him for credit card fraud for using their cards? Not a likely scenario at all. It is more likely that he used GP's cards to get home to mama (after all GP wouldn't need them after she was murdered).

Yes, but why do we have these posters trying to prove that she was an aggressor? She is dead, but they are still trying to paint her as the aggressor? I can only conclude that they are saying because she slapped him first (debatable), she deserved to be found dead in a field. What other purpose is there to going over and over that traffic stop and declaring her somehow guilty.
I don't believe either of them are guilty in that stop and was glad to see the decision made at the end. Especially because I choose to believe Gabby, she seemed reliable TO ME and flat out told them she had been slapping and hitting Brian, I mean, she wasn't shy about it or timid, IMO. Given the evidence and self-testimony we have seen so far, I appreciated the final decision. I was livid that they had even considered charging her, but understood, did not like that at all. MOO.

Sorry if this has already been talked about... Why did he fly home to move all Gabby's stuff to storage? Are these items that were at his parents house where they were living? Did they already plan on splitting up?

1. If the accounts were his parents', the only way he'd be on a Fed warrant for it is if they were saying they didn't give permission (since they are alive, it's possible to ask and for them to give authority). And some young adult taking money from his live parents ' accounts isn't going to trigger a manhunt involving multiple agencies.

So, obviously not.

2. If his name is not on the account, the money is not legally his without some sort of legal proceeding. If she is dead, she can't authorize anything.

It's one thing to play skeptic; it's another thing entirely simply to be contrary and to ignore known facts + common sense. And basic law, to a degree.

"Reasonable doubt" (which, btw, is not required nor expected at this stage) is not the same thing as alternate reality.
It's my understanding that the bank can press charges for unauthorized use of his parent's bank accounts, even if they handed the card and PIN to him. Especially if the FBI asks them to....

My feeling is that LE asked Gabby the wrong question! Instead of did he slap you? It should have been a generic tell me what happened and start at the Cafe. More may have been told. If the van registration had been checked they would have realized that it was her van and he was trying to keep her out! Imagine being abandoned where you don’t know anyone with no transportation, no phone and no wallet! I feel she was in fight or flight trying to get back in the van. I still feel a big clue in all of this was BL’s flying home and then flying back! Why was this necessary?
I feel that they broke up after Moab and he flew home. But he had to fly back and sort her out. How dare she drop him.

There is apparently bodycam footage from the Park Service officer(s) on scene, but it is not being publicly released at this point.

National Park Service stonewalls public records in Gabby Petito case
That body cam on the woman ranger would be interesting.
No, they are all worried about Brian who has some scratches.
The originally released cam has the first Cop on the scene have her use her phone to call someone while sitting in his SUV. He said something and then she says she is calling her Mom.

They may appear that way to us, but Gabby said Brian grabbed her arm to stop her from hitting him.

If he was driving, how would he have grabbed her upper arm on that side? It would have been the furthest arm away from him. (Assuming you’re referring to the arm visible when she is sitting in the cop car).

Last edited:
This is what happened at that stop:

Q7rS1ZA.jpg

"A Thousand Words"

A diamond in a blind man's cup...
without a side to be seen
or a voice to be heard.

That may be your opinion, but the police may have other opinions. Like not ruining the chance of future aspriations of young people, while simultaneously splitting up the involved people for some calm and re-thinking, and having Gabby phone her parents who might have been able to help her.

I will repeat that people get arrested for DV all the time who are innocent of the charges. And there are times that, the police cannot figure out who started it, they will arrest both people in some cases.

And yes, it is my opinion that the police should not be biased when it comes to protecting and serving. Their emotions should not play one role whatsoever in their job. They should make the arrest of both people if they see two people have been hitting each other and they can't tell who started it.

I will repeat, it's the bias, and BL even laughed about it when the police said they didn't want to arrest her. He said, "yeah a blonde haired blue-eyed girl...." and he laughed. It's bias about not wanting to arrest someone for any reason that could lead to murder in these DV cases.

The sad thing is that the police did have other opinions. They said it themselves in the second video before they went ahead and let Gabby go -- to fast-approaching death. They said themselves that something like this can lead to murder. So they should NOT have looked for loopholes to let either of them go in my opinion. I have to rest it at that because like I said, the police said it themselves in the second video.

Last edited:
1. If the accounts were his parents', the only way he'd be on a Fed warrant for it is if they were saying they didn't give permission (since they are alive, it's possible to ask and for them to give authority). And some young adult taking money from his live parents ' accounts isn't going to trigger a manhunt involving multiple agencies.

So, obviously not.

2. If his name is not on the account, the money is not legally his without some sort of legal proceeding. If she is dead, she can't authorize anything.

It's one thing to play skeptic; it's another thing entirely simply to be contrary and to ignore known facts + common sense. And basic law, to a degree.

"Reasonable doubt" (which, btw, is not required nor expected at this stage) is not the same thing as alternate reality.
You can say what you like as far as me bring a "skeptic"...I choose to consider it thinking outside of the box. What known facts am I ignoring?

It's my understanding that the bank can press charges for unauthorized use of his parent's bank accounts, even if they handed the card and PIN to him. Especially if the FBI asks them to....

If the parents insisted they gave him permission, no one would be able to press charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member