Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot bear to watch the bodycam videos, but for those of you who have seen them: do any of the police officers ask Gabby if there's anyone she can call?

They ask him. I don't remember if they ask her, but as I recall, they let him make all the decisions about if they had friends in the area that Gabby could call or anywhere she could go. From what I remember, after they talked to him, they basically went back and TOLD HER what the men had decided.

Yes
Listening to the bodycam tonight and thinking through all the things that were likely unsaid. I am then struck by what was said, "He grabbed me with his nail".

Thinking about that....It seems unusual to say that. It would seem you would say he "scratched me", or just he "grabbed my face", or if you were being brutally honest possibly "he grabbed my face and purposely held it and dug his nail into it". MOO. Is that what had happened? Is she minimizing the even with this statement? I think so, unfortunately.

How long were Brian's nails anyway? Doesn't it seem uncommon that a man would be able to scratch a face with a nail? Unless they purposely had long nails like some guitar players do?

awesome observation hmmmm
no.. lots of yucking it up with Bri.

what a shame…

IMO if the parents were willing to help him go on the run (which it definitely appears they did) then why in the world would they report him for credit card fraud for using their cards? Not a likely scenario at all. It is more likely that he used GP's cards to get home to mama (after all GP wouldn't need them after she was murdered).
MOO - That cash grand taken in the indictment and warrant, was taken, at least in part, for this purpose - to run. JMO IMO Not fact. https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.wyd.59306/gov.uscourts.wyd.59306.1.0_1.pdf

Female victims of DV regularly try to take the blame and position themselves as instigators. They regularly don’t want to be separated from their partner. LE are supposed to know this stuff.

I still can’t get over the way they treated her versus the way BL was treated. The ‘lads lads lads’ theme and the whole “yeah women be crazy” chat.

She was utterly broken. Argh.

I can't even look at that video anymore. I find the police response to Gabby's emotional state so disturbing. She became the 'other' while BL was brought into the fold. I cannot imagine the pain her parents feel when they see that video. It must feel like death by a thousand cuts. It's disgusting.

When I watch those two clips of the cops body camera, I am convinced that they were under the impression that Brian himself had rung in the complaint or that Gabby had rung in a complaint about Brian.

. That it wasn't clear it was an impartial observer struck by the aggression of the interaction on the street of Gabby and Brian..

And Brian gets off the speeding stuff so easily!.. I had no idea it could be that simple to evade a speeding ticket in Utah..

Seems like we have the cheap tech where police dispatch ought to forward the transcript or probably easier the actual call. Even a small county or town should be able to do that.

I'm not sure what Gabby had told the LEO's can be trusted 100%. IF the abuse was as bad as some of us think it could have been, she would have most likely been afraid of repercussions from BL. She could have easily said anything just to not make her abuser even more angry with her.
I agree. We really don’t know what she was thinking/ hiding/ feeling during that stop. I can think of 5 different thought patterns she may have been having right off the top of my head. What I do know, is that the relationship wasn’t good and we may never know the absolute truth.

I cannot bear to watch the bodycam videos, but for those of you who have seen them: do any of the police officers ask Gabby if there's anyone she can call?
Gabby did call someone, I think she said it was her mom, but folks wonder since the father didn't know about it and it wasn't mentioned by anyone else. But yes, she appeared to be on the phone.

This is very close to me, and does not appear to be near a major interstate. Can anyone map out a route from WY to FL that may include a stop here, and if so, where BL would have had to turn off the interstate had he been on it.
On the shortest route from Spread Creek to North Port, he would have passed right through Benton.

Attachments

• 6CF4E038-DFED-4B44-9FDD-2900BEE56972.jpeg
    6CF4E038-DFED-4B44-9FDD-2900BEE56972.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 36
Listening to the bodycam tonight and thinking through all the things that were likely unsaid. I am then struck by what was said, "He grabbed me with his nail".

Thinking about that....It seems unusual to say that. It would seem you would say he "scratched me", or just he "grabbed my face", or if you were being brutally honest possibly "he grabbed my face and purposely held it and dug his nail into it". MOO. Is that what had happened? Is she minimizing the even with this statement? I think so, unfortunately.

How long were Brian's nails anyway? Doesn't it seem uncommon that a man would be able to scratch a face with a nail? Unless they purposely had long nails like some guitar players do?

You can see a guitar in their van at the 7:25 mark of their Youtube video.

He gets off? I'm just laying out the possibility of an alternative scenario, since none of know what actually happened or what was really going on. People seem to think they have an inside track--maybe they do, maybe they don't, but IMO, there are other considerations that don't seem to be the popular narrative.

With regards to the money Brian used on his way back to FLA, I don't think it's been confirmed that the accounts he accessed were Gabby's, they could have been his parents' accounts for all we know. But say they were accounts in Gabby's name--who's to say he didn't contribute to her account for the trip. I'm just one who doesn't like to make broadsweeping assumptions...the obvious is not always the reality. I think we're all working off of limited information and forming opinions, or in my case, alternate theories. You don't need to be a sleuth if you take things at face value, do you?
The federal arrest warrant out on BL is about him using Gabby's credit cards after her death. That's a fact from the FBI, not just an idea some people have. If there were other family accounts he could have used, why use Gabby's? Alternative theories still have to include the facts of the case. JMOO
FBI issues warrant for Brian Laundrie over Gabby Petito's death after using unknown credit card | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Two witnesses, GP and BL all had the same story. GP is dead, most likely because the situation escalated unexpectedly and she did not get out of a toxic relationship on her own or through intervention.
That statement isn't quite accurate though. They all did not have the same story. Even one of the cops admits that the original caller stated the "male was hitting the female" the second caller didn't say that exactly and neither did Gabby or BL to the same effect.

Florida statute may work to advantage of Brian Laundrie's parents

This is interesting. Apparently, a parents first duty is to their children. I just can't wrap my head around telling one of my kids a plan to evade LEO.

Fortunately, I never had this experience.
I disagree with this and have posted about this before citing my sources. The Florida pattern jury instructions make it very clear that the instruction is only to be provided for a third degree felony of which this would be not. MOO

I was pretty active in this forum but I took a breather for days.
I really hope the FBI really has some good leads and they find BL. I want to see a trial and I want to see Gabby getting justice.
It's heartbreaking to see how this case is spiraling in real time.

Prior to this trip is there any evidence of DV between the two? Are there any previous police experts? How was BLs attitude toward women in HS? Was he abusive? It seems to me if he was as abusive, crafty as many theorize then there must be others left in his wake.
Not sure that he had any others before Gabby and there are plenty of domestic abusers that are never brought to brook.

Sounds crazy but why can't a state contract with professionals and do a facetime call right there and get an initial professional opinion, hell put them on alert when you receive the 911 DV call, there is likely a way to patch all the body cams but if not just use a phone or Ipad.

Have them do a quick interview, etc.
IMO This would be a good way to do things. How much could it actually cost anybody to do a FT call with some potential victim. Would at least be a good option to consider.

Gabby did call someone, I think she said it was her mom, but folks wonder since the father didn't know about it and it wasn't mentioned by anyone else. But yes, she appeared to be on the phone.

Yep and I'm thinking if she did talk to her Mom she wasn't forthcoming enough on the situation or told her Mom not to tell her Dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssshotgunnn