Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
J.B. Biunno @WFLAJB via Twitter — 8:54AM 10/2
#CassieLaundrie Interview Update: @Gma has restored the link & published a *modified* video report of the original Cassie Laundrie story, and they removed this specific line by the reporter: “she hasn’t spoken to her brother since he returned to his home in Florida.” (Thread ⬇️)

Does that kind of stuff bother anybody else, it kind of irks me a bit? and seems strange . I get editing but in cases like this make the complete interview available and let that be the final record. Do like those recreation shows do, run a disclaimer this has been edited for time and content, for example.

Its semi like those reality TV shows where they just ask questions and get quotes and piece together a 'compelling" conversation that never happened...

Last edited:
Does that kind of stuff bother anybody else, it kind of irks me a bit? and seems strange . I get editing but in cases like this make the complete interview available and let that be the final record. Do like those recreation shows do, run a disclaimer this has been edited for time and content, for example.

Thankfully in this case the full, unedited transcript of the interview is still available.

@wpbf_jossie

In an updated & marked edited “with additional quotes”
@GMA
interview exchange w/ #CassieLaundrie, #BrianLaundrie’s sister, the reporter is heard asking the full Q before Cassie answers: “As his sister what’s the oddest thing about all of this if you had to …” Her answer
https://twitter.com/wpbf_jossie/status/1444279625031593985?s=20

That actually makes a bit of sense. It appears CL was in contact with her brother in early Sept. before the attorney was hired and told them to be quiet. It's likely Brian was still trying to pull off a lie about why Gabby wasn't with him then.

After the news broke and Brian lawyered-up, CL hadn't had a chance to talk to him because Bertolino had told Brian and his parents to keep their mouths shut. I'm not surprised the family didn't immediately call CL and update her on the story, she didn't live with them. She had her own family.

At least, that's what it appears she's trying to say. JMOO

Has anybody searched the commercial airline schedules to see what flight BL might’ve taken, if he did head home in the middle of their trip? I’m thinking he might’ve wanted to fly budget using Frontier Airlines or Spirit. Was there an actual route that matches up with those dates? Also, if the Utah police stop lead to a desire to head back home, it might make sense that it would take five more days to find a ticket with a reasonable price.

This makes me wonder, are they searching for Brian or for evidence that can deteriorate/disappear (both)?

For our long time sluethers, have we seen a situation like this with such a large LE presence looking for a missing person, even a murder (not a mass murder, but a person accused of murdering someone they knew)?

All MOO.

Jesse Mathew immediately comes to mind but he abducted and murdered a stranger to him. So much was different in that case and it really bears no similarities to this one except for him committing a murder (ultimately he would be known to have committed another one at least) and being on the run.

Its semi like those reality TV shows where they just ask questions and get quotes and piece together a 'compelling" conversation that never happened...
It's very irritating. IMO it's the MSM sensationalism, it's almost like you have to be very discerning to cipher through stuff yourself, and see it if makes sense.
There is a 6 year old missing in Hawaii for several weeks now. Why is this not news?

Thankfully in this case the full, unedited transcript of the interview is still available.

Yes but you have to search for it, it should have a disclaimer I mean a media company is gonna twist what they can for ratings, we don't need versions or a lawyer's interpretation. Just saying..IMO MOO and all the others...

I completely agree!

I believe the amounts were taken from Gabby or others’ accounts to run from Grand Tetons to Florida. The federal warrants have dates in them and they can be matched to that time. MOO, the money was taken from Gabby’s account because BL had been customarily and regularly using that account as joint/his. It is believable that they both were putting funds into that account. Not an unusual situation for a couple, though not one I’d advise. I don’t think BL knew the ramifications that Gabby’s death had on his legal access to those funds. It’s a mistake often made when someone dies, and someone with allowed access to an account doesn’t know that said access has legally ended. Happened to my cousin.

Has anybody searched the commercial airline schedules to see what flight BL might’ve taken, if he did head home in the middle of their trip? I’m thinking he might’ve wanted to fly budget using Frontier Airlines or Spirit. Was there an actual route that matches up with those dates? Also, if the Utah police stop lead to a desire to head back home, it might make sense that it would take five more days to find a ticket with a reasonable price.

It's kind of odd that neither Gabby's mother or Cassie could talk about Brian and the flight. It's as though both had been told by LE not to mention it.

I have to wonder if that's because he never flew anywhere but he and Gabby came up with a scenario so her dad would put her (them) up in a hotel for a few days.

Don't know if this is allowed, but its a very enlightening discussion regarding degrees of Federal charges and penalties for them. Also, does CL have the right to remain silent, if subpoenaed as a material witness in a Federal case/investigation? I think you might find the answer surprising.

I can't even look at that video anymore. I find the police response to Gabby's emotional state so disturbing. She became the 'other' while BL was brought into the fold. I cannot imagine the pain her parents feel when they see that video. It must feel like death by a thousand cuts. It's disgusting.

I feel the same. I watched the first one and could see right through BL and Gabby just broke my heart. When you know, you just know. When you grow up watching the manipulation you can spot it a mile away. Yesterday, I made a deal with myself not to watch the new footage. I don’t need anymore convincing and Gabby’s distress has stayed with me. I need to not add to it. Praying BL’s little adventure ends TODAY!

if he wanted to stop her from hitting him maybe he should have just stopped chasing her down the sidewalk. I avoid getting slapped by people in public because I don’t chase them around. Had he left her be, she wouldn’t have had to hit him.
Totally agree. The other thing I do if I’m trying to not have people attack me is I don’t take their phone and their vehicle and lock them out and say I’m going to leave them on the side of the road.

this is the way I live my life and so far it’s worked 100% of the time.

The FBI would have access to that info and many such data bases. Of course, if BL had ID in a name other than his, it’s possible he could have slipped by everyone. But then he’d need some card to pay for the ticket unless he went in person to airport/airline and paid. It would have taken a number of extra steps that MOO Laundries have not shown they take. They are really quite straightforward in how they operate.

CL's married name is easy to find, if NS didn't know it. Not sure that a number would be or is given with her address info. Sometimes they are. NS called in desperation, probably, just wanting to know if CL had possibly heard from her brother or Gabby. I doubt repeatedly, also, but didn't Cl say that she had taken her kids to Disney World at that time? Maybe NS called CL's landline, and she wasn't home. jmo

I believe she did say they were away at Disney World. So she could have missed a landline call or not heard her cell ring (assuming she didn't have the call blocked by an overly-strong spam filter.)

I don't know if CL's last name was easy to find before when NS would have been calling, but agree it is very easy to find now. IF NS had CL's number I could see her calling out of desperation just in case CL had info. But I still think it's a little odd she would have had her number including a cell #. And it seems even more unlikely to me GP's father would have had CL's cell number. I also think it's pretty unlikely if NS did call, she kept calling CL. So the accusation that CL ignored repeated calls from "GP's parents" seems pretty improbable to me.
JMO

Hi folks! I haven’t posted in ages and I’m sure this has been discussed, but my thought from the beginning when his family said he went to the reserve: he is long gone. He is probably out of the country by now.

One option: years ago we sailed around the waters of Florida and the Caribbean for about a year. One could easily get out of the country on a boat down that way.

Regardless, I do not believe he is anywhere near that reserve.

That actually makes a bit of sense. It appears CL was in contact with her brother in early Sept. before the attorney was hired and told them to be quiet. It's likely Brian was still trying to pull off a lie about why Gabby wasn't with him then.

After the news broke and Brian lawyered-up, CL hadn't had a chance to talk to him because Bertolino had told Brian and his parents to keep their mouths shut. I'm not surprised the family didn't immediately call CL and update her on the story, she didn't live with them. She had her own family.

At least, that's what it appears she's trying to say. JMOO
Wasn't that interview conducted before Gabby's body was discovered? When CL said she hoped it was all a big misunderstanding, she was probably still believing whatever lie BL had told the family about Gabby. Weirdly, though, CL and her parents should have figured out how serious the situation was on the 10th when Gabby's parents were desperately trying to contact them for answers about Gabby's whereabouts...and certainly on the 11th when Gabby s announced to be a missing person...and absolutely, on the 14th when Brian took off for parts unknown. CL interview was after all of that. jmo

It's very irritating. IMO it's the MSM sensationalism, it's almost like you have to be very discerning to cipher through stuff yourself, and see it if makes sense.
There is a 6 year old missing in Hawaii for several weeks now. Why is this not news?

Sadly, that's usually par for the course.

The Gabby story is the anomaly.

Although the number is dropping, still more than half a million people go missing in the United States every year.

Very few got--or will get--this much attention.

if he wanted to stop her from hitting him maybe he should have just stopped chasing her down the sidewalk. I avoid getting slapped by people in public because I don’t chase them around. Had he left her be, she wouldn’t have had to hit him.

Your comment is ironic and tragic at the same time. Gabby literally came with instructions of her tattoo “Let it be.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member