Found Safe UK - Antonino Coppola, 23, from Richmond, Surrey, missing from Bow, East London, 16 Sep 2021

Has someone notified Missing People? If someone contacts them and asks them to add, if they say they can't it may elicit some more info, as you suggest, but surely his family should be kept informed if that is the case?

True. I guess it would only be in the case that he was located and didn't wish it to be disclosed to his family? I'd have assumed the Police would have after a certain time if there was lack of progress, but I'm guessing that's not standard practise?

If there is no way he would have attempted the journey onwards or back home without at least going down to the platform and letting his flatmate know , then that sort of thinking also rules out the intentional disappearance during the same circumstances (i.e. leaving a friend down the platform with luggage)

There really aren't that many more options left if we rule out severe illness and foul play too. If you google "knife crime broad daylight", you will sadly see plenty of results, so I would not really say it's that unheard of. I do agree that the chances of it happening right on the A11 are slimmer.

But some others have mentioned here earlier that he was already throwing up as he was walking out of the station. That probably means that he may have made a mess of what he was wearing, and/or the entrance/corridor. They did also mention that when he looked back, he looked as though he was embarrassed people had seen him. If he had "more to give" and quite urgently, there is every chance he could have taken the first road on the right again, away from people, which again increases his chances of external involvement. If you look on street view, there isn't any pub or restaurant in direct sight to the right of station (maybe a bit further down).

If it were me in that situation and I had a choice between entering a tube station with clothes that I had puked on (and maybe even more), or 15 minutes walking home via empty side streets, I would have rather done the latter and texted my friend to meet me there.

You make a good point actually, I'd forgot Bow Road is essentially overground, so messaging him would make a lot more sense and would have worked. My thoughts about going to the platform were based on usually at Underground stations you don't get signal down at the platforms. I guess that makes it even more strange, because he wouldn't have to go there and risk being sick inside to let him know. I'd have thought if he decided that was what he was going to do, that he'd send the message fairly early on having decided to walk or whatever. So if something happened I think it must have happened within close proximity to the area. I thought about the possibility of some form of Taxi or Uber but would he want to risk that if unable to control his stomach? The fees for throwing up and putting the vehicle out of action can be quite big.

Your idea of him going down a side street to throw up further in peace I could see having happened. The Magistrates CCTV I'd hope would be able to indicate that. If there was some kind of random attack down a side road, it'd still be unusual for the body to then be taken IMO. But then this does seem quite unusual in general.

<RSBM> Ciro says that CCTV shows Antonino throwing up as he comes out of the station, after which he looks back as if he’s embarrassed that he’s been seen (or so Ciro thinks)
Do you know if they continued to watch the CCTV for several minutes beyond that point?

Also do you know who owns the CCTV camera, and who controlled the playback of the part they watched? Have they asked for it all to be saved?

It occurred to me that he might have looked back because someone shouted at him for walking away and not going into the station to get help to clean it up, or some sand to throw over it to prevent others slipping. Someone who might have decided even a minute or two later to go after him and confront him further along the street, or around the corner. Perhaps someone who works in the station, or a vendor in a kiosk around the station approach, or anyone who might have been approaching or leaving the station within that timeframe.

I think it's concerning that his phone wasn't working so soon and if I was the family I would be badgering the police for assistance with seizing CCTV footage, if it wasn't already done by the police, because I think there is strong possibility that he could have been a victim of a crime. I would want to watch the part after he left the station. He might have not exactly chosen to walk what we think is the most logical route after leaving the station, to find a place to clean up or use a public convenience, but been trying to lose someone on his tail.

Police should be using their powers to get as much footage as possible from local establishments before it's wiped over. Even if he's not on footage that can be just as informative, as in he didn't come past that point so must have turned down a different road. It seems as if pressure might need to be applied, urgently, and now might be a good time for a newspaper to highlight the story and pressure the Met police, given the current trouble they are in.

Last edited:
I agree, it just seems quite a long time to have not been found if he collapsed in an alleyway or a pavement etc. Then again, it seems he was legitimate in telling his friend he felt unwell as evidenced by the vomiting. I'm not a doctor, but I think it'd have to be quite an unusual presentation of appendicitis for it to burst so quickly and for him to bypass the stage where he'd be in a lot of pain. Even if forced to lie down I'd expect there would be a period where he could shout/scream.

Personally I think it's unlikely he'd be attacked in broad daylight in the middle of the day by a complete stranger and somehow hidden or moved, although I guess stranger things have happened.

The key fact for me is that it seems he's left the area of the tube station himself while his flatmate is down on the platform with their luggage waiting. I can't see a circumstance where personally I would attempt the journey onwards or back home without atleast going down to the platform and letting my flatmate know. If he was that ill where that was infeasible then how was he going to make it anywhere? I see the argument for him perhaps moving around the corner out of embarrassment of being sick. But then I just can't see how something could happen on the A11 there in daylight.

We don't know if his 'appendix' has been on and off troublesome all week or not. So we can't discount that. I now however have shifted over to thinking he left with purpose (not about the vomit). JMO MOO

Do you know if they continued to watch the CCTV for several minutes beyond that point?

Also do you know who owns the CCTV camera, and who controlled the playback of the part they watched? Have they asked for it all to be saved?

It occurred to me that he might have looked back because someone shouted at him for walking away and not going into the station to get help to clean it up, or some sand to throw over it to prevent others slipping. Someone who might have decided even a minute or two later to go after him and confront him further along the street, or around the corner. Perhaps someone who works in the station, or a vendor in a kiosk around the station approach, or anyone who might have been approaching or leaving the station within that timeframe.

I think it's concerning that his phone wasn't working so soon and if I was the family I would be badgering the police for assistance with seizing CCTV footage, if it wasn't already done by the police, because I think there is strong possibility that he could have been a victim of a crime. I would want to watch the part after he left the station. He might have not exactly chosen to walk what we think is the most logical route after leaving the station, to find a place to clean up or use a public convenience, but been trying to lose someone on his tail.

Police should be using their powers to get as much footage as possible from local establishments before it's wiped over. Even if he's not on footage that can be just as informative, as in he didn't come past that point so must have turned down a different road. It seems as if pressure might need to be applied, urgently, and now might be a good time for a newspaper to highlight the story and pressure the Met police, given the current trouble they are in.

He could have seen someone on the train or platform that he knew 'was after him' (for whatever reason) and he had to make an excuse and escape. OR he was checking Ciro the friend on the platform hadn't followed him. JMO MOO.

Sorry for the double post. You have a lot more experience than me on what the Police norm is. I notice he isn't on Missing People. Do you think it's possible he has been located or the Police are confident it's voluntary and that's why there has been no further appeals and that he hasn't been added?

I wonder why he isn't on Missing People? What is the protocol for that? Who administers that?

Has someone notified Missing People? If someone contacts them and asks them to add, if they say they can't it may elicit some more info, as you suggest, but surely his family should be kept informed if that is the case?

For all we know some contact has been made with someone but its being kept quiet from the public.

Hi all,

I am sorry I have been quiet, been busy with work.

So, Antonino is his first name in full. Addressing to him as Antonio would be incorrect. I think his mates call him Tony or on social media they address him as Bro.

also no they are not related but they know each other well. They have lived together in London, also when they go back to Positano they hang around with the same people.

There also is some other guys from Positano in London which they go out with.

As of today his brother is still in London.

From chi l’ha visto I have noted a flat tone from Ciro on the phone JMO MOO. I don’t know if that has any relevance.

Personally I don’t think this is a voluntary disappearance more like something gone wrong.

I kee following social media etc. But again I think the lack of news is frightening.

I don’t know why the police is not releasing more info? Maybe the cctv footage?

Either they know something from intelligence that the public do not know or they are too overwhelmed with not enough resources to do this. Missing men are a very low priority in the UK with regards to Police, I'm sad to say. It needs the family to spearhead getting all ring doorbells and cctv and car dash cam footage ASAP before its wiped. This will give some clues. But they have to act fast as two weeks have gone by now or more. JMO MOO

Hi all,

I am sorry I have been quiet, been busy with work.

So, Antonino is his first name in full. Addressing to him as Antonio would be incorrect. I think his mates call him Tony or on social media they address him as Bro.

also no they are not related but they know each other well. They have lived together in London, also when they go back to Positano they hang around with the same people.

There also is some other guys from Positano in London which they go out with.

As of today his brother is still in London.

From chi l’ha visto I have noted a flat tone from Ciro on the phone JMO MOO. I don’t know if that has any relevance.

Personally I don’t think this is a voluntary disappearance more like something gone wrong.

I kee following social media etc. But again I think the lack of news is frightening.

I don’t know why the police is not releasing more info? Maybe the cctv footage?

positano86, Have you any further news for us as the missing peoples site says he is missing from Putney rather than Bow station so I wondered if there has been some kind of recent update about the disappearance

I can't help thinking there's been some crossed wires here, or someone at police end hasn't been as proactive as they should have been in sending this through to the correct police force. The police tweet doesn't even mention he got off the train at Bow Road, he's not missing from Richmond, that's ridiculous. I'm feeling really frustrated because I feel his family isn't getting the correct assistance and is being fobbed off.

Richard Okorogheye's mother had to really fight to get them to take any notice of her. It's out of character for him and he wasn't well, that should be enough. I wonder if the embassy is helping them at all.

I can't help thinking there's been some crossed wires here, or someone at police end hasn't been as proactive as they should have been in sending this through to the correct police force. The police tweet doesn't even mention he got off the train at Bow Road, he's not missing from Richmond, that's ridiculous. I'm feeling really frustrated because I feel his family isn't getting the correct assistance and is being fobbed off.

Richard Okorogheye's mother had to really fight to get them to take any notice of her. It's out of character for him and he wasn't well, that should be enough. I wonder if the embassy is helping them at all.

I agree there must have been crossed wires. If the family reported AC missing to the Italian authorities, who then informed the British authorities, chances are that his last home address/postcode was mistaken for the area where he went missing. Even so, why on earth did Richmond police not refer this case to Tower Hamlets, it’s a mystery. More than one person have flagged this up on the two police forces’ social media, but they don’t seem to take any notice

You've mentioned this several times and it isn't true. What about Corrie McKeague? Richard Okorogheye? Just a couple, there's plenty more over the years.
I will stand by @Officer Dibbles comment here and back him up. He didn’t say ALL missing men but certainly a huge proportion of missing men are not a priority for the Police unless there are unusual and exceptional circumstances around the disappearance and I speak from experience, so yes, it is true !

I agree there must have been crossed wires. If the family reported AC missing to the Italian authorities, who then informed the British authorities, chances are that his last home address/postcode was mistaken for the area where he went missing. Even so, why on earth did Richmond police not refer this case to Tower Hamlets, it’s a mystery. More than one person have flagged this up on the two police forces’ social media, but they don’t seem to take any notice

Someone needs to take control of this and right the wrongs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back