Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had been in the co-op for six hours that day. Gabby was working on her videos, with Brian probably complaining that he wanted to go hiking. Then Gabby had to deal with the mess in the van, which BL could have cleaned up himself.

They had been arguing for two days so she must have been pretty stressed by then. The worst thing Brian could have done was take her phone, her keys and lock her out of the van. Instead of calming her down all he did was escalate the situation.

He seems to have poor communication skills so I wonder if he often 'acted out' instead of using words. When he told officers he told her to take a walk to calm down, I got the feeling that’s been suggested to him many times as a way to deal with anger.

I wish he had stayed in Florida instead of flying back to be reunited with Gabby.

IMO

This is a lot of good detail about what they did and likely did that day (August 12) in the Moonflower. And this was just before the Moab police stop, is that right? Those two women who were unfortunately murdered worked at Moonflower I think, or one did, (their bodies were found on August 18) and they would have observed their interactions. I guess there were patrons who reported these details also, since we still have them?

Wondering if the family had special places they would camp. When I growing up we would park our trailer in a camp ground it would stay year round. All we had to do was drive with our food and things for time that we would spend there. It shows that the mother and father as well as the son and daughter are avid campers... Just wondering if they each had a special place ...
IMO" most, many. However you'd like take this. People from Long Island, NYC and surrounding areas, go to Upstate NY to go camping, cabins, etc. They head North of Albany, Lake George area or a little further North into the Adirondack Mountains. If you had a cabin, you could stay out of sight for extremely long period of time. (Well stocked) If you are camping or in a camper, that would be very difficult to do. Temperatures are already dropping into the 30s & 40s at night. There will be snow soon, so living off the land, I feel would be difficult.
JMO as someone who grew up in Upstate NY and the tourists/campers that were always coming through. Back roads up through the mountains go all the way up to the Canadian border. Driving 3.5 hrs North of Saratoga Springs to Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY (my daughter goes there) You can go the whole 3.5 hrs without seeing another car or person.
If they have a favorite place to go, that they know well, he could be up there somewhere. Cell service is spotty, one could go undetected for a very long time. He did have a 10 day lead.

<modsnip- quoted post was removed>

This was discussed at length when the charges came out. On speculation that it was Gabby's card and any permission granted ends upon the death of the cardholder. Even if the person gave you permission when they are alive, if they die that permission is removed.

Is It Illegal To Withdraw Money From A Deceased Person’s Account?.
Remember, it is illegal to withdraw money from an open account of someone who has died unless you are the other person named on a joint account before you have informed the bank of the death and been granted probate. This is the case even if you need to access some of the money to pay for the funeral.

This is true. BF had POA and paid the bills, made purchase for her sister during a short rehab stay. Her sister died unexpectedly. BF ordered flowers, paid for a few extras at the funeral home with sisters debit card. The funeral home called the morning of the funeral, the bank had reversed the charge, as fraudulent charge. Frantically, we called the bank to find, it's a felony to use account of a deceased, even with POA. POA ends at death.

I immediately added my daughter to all accounts, vehicles, and property, to avoid the mess my BF experienced. Even with a will and executor it takes 30 days in Virginia before the court will probate.

Moo...

Im sure LE has all the flight info and verifications about that flight BL took to FL and back in August. Gabby likely drove him to the airport or accompanied him as he drove, and she then likely drove back to the nearby airport Springfield Hotel where she stayed. Or BL just drove to airport himself and left the car in one of the parking lots, something I doubt because of charges. But all of this, BL’s flight, those times and dates, Gabby’s stay at the hotel are easily verified by LE.

I’m really curious what was so urgent that BL had to interrupt the trip and incur the expense to go back to Florida.
Is there any confirmation he did fly back to FL? Maybe he just took off in the van to have a break. Who knows where he was in that time frame.

Dog the Bounty Hunter got a tip that BL went into Fort De Soto with his parents but did not leave with his parents. What if he left with his sister?

What I want to know is when was the sister's trip to Disneyworld? Did she come back mid trip to go to Fort De Soto or was it before or after Fort De Soto. Anyone know?

Last edited:
According to Brian's postings he idolized the famous hermit/burglar Christopher Thomas Knight and read all he could about him. One of Knight's better known quotes (somewhat a reason for his decision to leave society and enter solitary life) is "solitude bestows an increase in something valuable ... my perception. But ... when I applied my increased perception to myself, I lost my identity. There was no audience, no one to perform for ... To put it romantically, I was completely free."
With this in mind, and a good portion of society in hot pursuit of him, Brian's environment is ripe for a vanishing, not a death. Brian wants complete liberation, self-won, fully realized. He knows he has to be alive in order to enter in and enjoy that fully-realized state. Death is a question without an answer, a situation without promise and beyond his control. A vanishing IS within his realm of control. Brian is in his glory.
MOO
This mindset is entirely possible for BL.

Moo, the main reason he hasn’t been caught is that nearly everyone has underestimated his abilities & resources. And continue to underestimate. Motivation can compensate for much, too. He is highly motivated to remain free imo.

As far as evidence degrading in south FL in 5-7 days (link upstream), I’m hoping they have lots of evidence in WY & plenty of digital evidence to pin him to his crime. All jmo.

I was just theorizing this same thing and then I saw someone reply to your post. Maybe he did leave the camp ground with her and has been in her care since this whole thing broke.

It's my understanding that BL's sister is married with 2 children. I would doubt she is going to hide BL and put her family at risk of criminal charges. IMO.

Is it off topic to wonder why a 24 year-old man doesn’t seem to own anything? Not his car, not his bank account (presumably not even funds or things owned in joint tenancy), not a place to live….just nothing at all that anyone has turned up. I’m not getting at mental health here but rather at whether there might be desire or choice to avoid ownership (yet somehow not be above using things other people own… but that might be a whole different topic.)

There is no reason to believe he didn’t have his own bank account and his own money. Stealing from Gabby doesn’t mean he didn’t have his own, he just wanted to use hers because he felt entitled to it.

It's my understanding that BL's sister is married with 2 children. I would doubt she is going to hide BL and put her family at risk of criminal charges. IMO.

I don't know what she would do or what any of them would risk for another family member. I don't know that any of us knows them personally to know what they would or would not do for Brian.

Looking at the timeline, the last known stop was Arches around the 12th Aug. Salt Lake City is 3 1/2 hours to the north from there. The supposed flight dates are August 17, Tuesday and returning August 23, on Monday. I looked up flights on Expedia and Delta/KLM seems to be the only airline doing Tuesday to Monday flights from Salt Lake City to Venice Florida. Should I look up a different city in Florida? Which airport would have been his and/or cheapest?

Try Tampa (TPA) or Fort Meyers (RSW)

One would think that his parents would be trumpeting public pleas for him to turn himself in to authorities for the fugitive from fraud case. That their "concern" is only expressed through their lawyer is telling. I wonder if they are comforted a bit by thinking that he is deceased and that if they continue to say nothing, this nightmare for them will end sooner for them. If he is found alive, the nightmare has just begun for them. jmo
Christopher Thomas Knight's parents never reported him missing either. He remained missing for 27 years in the forest, burgling campsites and the homes of people who lived nearby. I see many parallels in these two situations and the philosophy of both men. Brian idolized CTK and quoted him often in his postings. Brian is truly living the realization of his own ideal...a vanishing.
MOO

Noting:

“We did find some campsites, we did find some evidence of kayaks near the campsites so it is possible that Brian’s out there,” Hadsell said.

The K9 team had to rely on its experience of nearly 200 search and rescue missions because the Laundrie family did not supply anything with Brian’s scent on it, Hadsell said.

“The parents as you know are being uncooperative, so we don’t have any sent articles or anything from Brian to be able to use it as a target odor for our dogs to work on,” Hadsell said. “So, we do what we call, ‘general human scent.’

The dogs are trained to work on water from a boat, he explained.

“And we can circle these smaller islands, if there is any human odor being produced from the island, the dogs will alert, and then we’ll send teams to go check it out.”

Interesting!

IIRC the Laundrie lawyer said that the FBI had returned to the Laundrie house to collect items for "DNA testing", and I know a few of us speculated in here that it might be for a scent for the dogs. Clearly that wasn't the case then, IMO!

I've been wondering about that myself. Was the sister's Disney trip before, after or during the Fort DeSoto trip?
If she's telling the truth, the Disney trip was after Fort DeSoto.

Camping Sept 6-8
Gabby reported missing Sept 11

Brian Laundrie's sister Cassie Laundrie breaks silence on Gabby Petito case | ABC Exclusive
Cassie Laundrie: Yeah, I spoke to the police the second they called. I called them back right away. We were in Orlando on vacation with my kids to Disney. And we came back to it.

Last edited:
im sure they didnt supply that team with a scent article cause isnt that the voluntary team that went with DTBH, if so everyone knows they didnt supply them with anything, they called the cops on Dog when he knocked on their door so no they didnt give them anything but im sure FBI has lots of scent articles, they spent 6 hours searching that house and surrounding areas, something of Brians was surely in that house cause he lived there!
Yes for sure they have provided LE, but that's my point. If they were genuinely concerned for their missing son, they would take the help and give them scent items. Not that any of us think they are, but I was glad to see this confirmed.

Christopher Thomas Knight's parents never reported him missing either. He remained missing for 27 years in the forest, burgling campsites and the homes of people who lived nearby. I see many parallels in these two situations and the philosophy of both men. Brian idolized CTK and quoted him often in his postings. Brian is truly living the realization of his own ideal...a vanishing.
MOO

This is the revelation we needed. And this highly plausible scenario gives BL exactly what he craves most - attention - as much as possible from as many as possible and for as long as possible. Yes I think we have all underestimated his abilities. He is someone totally forgettable but he has found a way to ensure that he will never be forgotten (by any who care to remember him) all the while living his dream of an iconoclastic unfettered life of seclusion and (apparent) freedom.

Well ..... CL has had time and opportunity to clarify any misleading miscommunicated statements made . It never too late to do this.

Her interview was not shared in full originally.

https://twitter.com/WFLAJB/status/1444284752345829376?s=20

After watching the circus going on, seeing how one interview was edited and later used against her, she's probably not interested in putting herself out there again (especially since her family seems to be public enemy number one these days). She has no obligation to the media or the public at large.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288