Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we all know that didn’t happen. He wasn’t in the library. They didn’t leave notes for him or money stashed in books. He wasn’t there. They didn’t call him. We know this. The FBI and the media was there.
I think she meant the parents could talk to each other safely

I agree that this seems quite - even most - likely, though I don't know who makes appointments and doesn't either have a waiting room or (in the scenario of visiting a lawyer or investigator) wouldn't clear space (time and physical) on both sides of a scheduled appointment in a very high-profile case. But again, your simple explanation seems very reasonable, and barring spy-novel levels of cloak & dagger sophistication (by seemingly otherwise unremarkable people), highly likely.

Q - was there anything reported (and verified) on where they went after the short stop at the library?

Into a parking garage at some law offices near by. They were there for a while. I don't recall the exact amount of time. They by all accounts did not meet anyone at the library. There are pictures of them while in there. Best I recall, they just meandered around, never picked up a book or anything.

IMO, most of the time, the simplest answer is the correct one. Everyone is going crazy, searching the woods, campsites, picking up cans, and so on. It stands to reason, that the reason there is no sign of him is because he is somewhere indoors, we just don't know where.
He has not been missing so long that he could have not been well stocked with groceries and what ever he needed to sit it out for a while. That's if he is alone, in which case at some point he will have to make contact with someone. Admittedly, he could be roaming the campsites somewhere, but by now, I think someone would have found a trace of him. Just makes more sense to me that he is sitting tight somewhere. Finding someone when you have no idea who they know, or what they own, or rent, or if the place is even in their name is not so easy. You may not rent a house without a ID, but you could probably rent a boat storage on a hand shake.

Simplest answer is he killed himself in Carton Reserve.

Yes, based on The Gardener’s posts from this thread I have reevaluated everything. He might have even planned Gabby’s murder and baited and baited her and goaded and abused and undermined her until he had a way to blame even that - her murder - on her in his twisted mind.
Yes; I really hadn’t considered this much until the last couple of days but I’m having trouble ignoring the evidence at this point. I also want to believe North Port police didn’t blow the opportunity to lay eyes on him. But with that, I’m also having trouble with the first few days of the investigation after Gabby was reported missing. JMO.

Thanks for the correction, I remembered it was close but not the exact figure. My point is that if she was alive, she could easily have walked from the place where her body was found to the road. She did not die of a lack of "survival resources."

Sure. I was interested in where her body was found because I'm wondering what story Brian came up with to tell his family. If her body was very close to the van, he couldn't say she took off and didn't come back, because everyone would know he could have easily found her if her body was right there. I am very interested to find out what story he gave, and also the cause of death.

I had initially thought BL panicked, fled home, and just went with the easiest option for hiding. At this point, evading multiple federal law enforcement agencies for weeks, I’m wondering if I didn’t give him enough credit for planning. I’m also wondering if he thought a plan out, if his family members are involved… I feel like a panicky kid would turn themselves into a nation-wide manhunt. So I think I need to re-evaluate. At this point, I see evidence based on his actions that he’s going to try to evade LE and I think it’s very likely his family helped him. JMO.

So how calculating could he actually be? I’ve found most of his available SM to be derivative, but is he more intelligent than I’m giving him credit for? With his parents not begging for him to come home, is this whole family more naturally criminal than I’ve given them credit for?

MOO, He and his family not calculating, not sophisticated. Either he killed himself , or he’s hiding out somewhere. You don’t need much to find a place to hide. It’s not been that long. If he had one friend who would take him in, he’s set. I’ve said repeatedly, he could do just fine here. They need workers so desperately that anyone could get work and he looks like any number of people here. People in my area don’t track these things. Weathers good enough , he could find places to stay in a lot of this country. He just needed one person to help him get out of Dodge

How do you get a fair trial when pretty much everyone has heard of this case? Also, what if one of the jurors is a BL sympathizer?

Why are various local level LE and the FBI putting so much money and so many resources into finding one guy?

We all want justice for GP but the staggering number of resources spent on this one case is just mind-boggling to me.

Why?

I've been wondering this also, WHY? Couldn't the FBI just stop. Gabby is home now. I believe BL isn't missing, I believe his whole family knows where he is. I wonder, if the search for BL is called off, would that mean the protester would leave the street BL's parents live on?

Last edited:
So they concocted the story about the swamp, and had planned to later report him missing. I can believe it. I hope the FBI is able to prove this.

This is exactly what I think. If he was ever at the swamp, it was to ditch the mustang and meet a ride out of town from there. But if he was at the campground, he could have just as easily left from there and the parents planted the car at the reserve.

Either way, the parents claimed they last saw him on Tuesday and reported him missing on a Friday. Everyone assumed they meant he left on Tuesday 9/14, but did the parents ever specify which Tuesday he left on? I’ve said many times in earlier threads that I think he left on 9/7. Now we know he was camping with them, so my feeling is he was picked up from / nearby the campground on 9/7. If Dog’s story is right that 3 arrived in their camping group and only 2 left, this makes perfect sense.

So, where is Brian?
Brian is on his way to a place where he's isolated and surrounded by natural beauty. The broad vista is life affirming and supportive, without agenda and comforting. No back talk. No crying and whimpering. Totally self-supporting. Nature is like that - people are not. You need not subtract from yourself to please it. It demands nothing from you.
He's been supplied. By who? Who knows...but supplies dwindle. Fish? Sure. Trout or bass, and native herbs. All do-able until late Fall when the plants go to seed, and Winter when they disappear under the snow, the lake freezes and the fish are under a foot of ice - the moment when the novice liberant discovers hunger and interdependence. You DO need human beings. You DO depend on others to help. But who? Where? The past you chucked to live the dream comes swimming back and bites you on the *advertiser censored**. The FBI, every park ranger, every camper, every hunter, every hiker, every beat cop knows your face. So, its theft - if you can find it to do it.

Maybe, a nice, warm place. The heck with Florida. To hell with anywhere that experiences a white Christmas. You've got surviving to do. Some place that's temperate during the Winter with lakes, fish, edible plants, campers you can accost in the night for jelly sandwiches, or hopefully, tofu. Maybe, a little town nearby would be a good source for...whatever. Once you start killing birds for supper, the philosophy of not hurting nature goes out the window. That's worse than saying you're preserving the earth while you're cruising around it sputtering fossil fuel emissions from the back end of your mobile palace. Its going to come down to detestable compromises - the chiseling away of body and mind.

I believe Brian will be found out, the already dissolving dream will be vanquished and his coveted solitude will be lived in a cell, not on a cliff overlooking a verdant, all forgiving, valley of calm.
MOO
We have lots of little rural areas around he could be anywhere! Danube’s and captiva island has fishing cabins.
Snook haven here on river road has campgrounds a restaurant bathrooms for public use. It’s beautiful. It’s a swamp
He could get food from a dumpster water
Like I said he could be anywhere

So, where is Brian?
Brian is on his way to a place where he's isolated and surrounded by natural beauty. The broad vista is life affirming and supportive, without agenda and comforting. No back talk. No crying and whimpering. Totally self-supporting. Nature is like that - people are not. You need not subtract from yourself to please it. It demands nothing from you.
He's been supplied. By who? Who knows...but supplies dwindle. Fish? Sure. Trout or bass, and native herbs. All do-able until late Fall when the plants go to seed, and Winter when they disappear under the snow, the lake freezes and the fish are under a foot of ice - the moment when the novice liberant discovers hunger and interdependence. You DO need human beings. You DO depend on others to help. But who? Where? The past you chucked to live the dream comes swimming back and bites you on the *advertiser censored**. The FBI, every park ranger, every camper, every hunter, every hiker, every beat cop knows your face. So, its theft - if you can find it to do it.

Maybe, a nice, warm place. The heck with Florida. To hell with anywhere that experiences a white Christmas. You've got surviving to do. Some place that's temperate during the Winter with lakes, fish, edible plants, campers you can accost in the night for jelly sandwiches, or hopefully, tofu. Maybe, a little town nearby would be a good source for...whatever. Once you start killing birds for supper, the philosophy of not hurting nature goes out the window. That's worse than saying you're preserving the earth while you're cruising around it sputtering fossil fuel emissions from the back end of your mobile palace. Its going to come down to detestable compromises - the chiseling away of body and mind.

I believe Brian will be found out, the already dissolving dream will be vanquished and his coveted solitude will be lived in a cell, not on a cliff overlooking a verdant, all forgiving, valley of calm.
MOO
Yeah… I don’t typically care what people read… people read crime thrillers and Fight Club without ever committing crimes. At this point though, he’s not reading Walden… he’s not reading about becoming one with nature, he’s reading about some dark stuff. Maybe it shouldn’t be overlooked. Some people love Fight Club because the movie had Brad Pitt in it and some love it because of its anarchy manifesto. BL’s actions and thought process may, in fact, be a lot darker than I gave him credit for. Mostly because Gabby projected so much light into her SM feed that I have trouble reconciling the two, but maybe Gabby’s projection is the faker one and BL’s been showing who he is the entire time. Just thinking it through based on him still not being located by some of the best LE agencies in the world. JMO.

I agree that this seems quite - even most - likely, though I don't know who makes appointments and doesn't either have a waiting room or (in the scenario of visiting a lawyer or investigator) wouldn't clear space (time and physical) on both sides of a scheduled appointment in a very high-profile case. But again, your simple explanation seems very reasonable, and barring spy-novel levels of cloak & dagger sophistication (by seemingly otherwise unremarkable people), highly likely.

Q - was there anything reported (and verified) on where they went after the short stop at the library?
Brian Laundrie's parents shadowed by undercover agents on 150-mile trek to meet attorney | WSET
The pair stayed in the library for about 30 minutes, not stopping to look at any book or display, before they jumped back in their red Dodge Ram truck and drove to an Orlando parking garage that is attached to an office building, DailyMail.com reports.

Bertolino confirmed to Daily Mail that he met with the Laundries, although it's unclear what was discussed.

After about an hour, the Laundries reappeared and were again followed by agents on their drive home to North Port.

They had to travel some distance to get there, I think, and probably built in a cushion to make sure they were there on time. jmo

MOO, He and his family not calculating, not sophisticated. Either he killed himself , or he’s hiding out somewhere. You don’t need much to find a place to hide. It’s not been that long. If he had one friend who would take him in, he’s set. I’ve said repeatedly, he could do just fine here. They need workers so desperately that anyone could get work and he looks like any number of people here. People in my area don’t track these things. Weathers good enough , he could find places to stay in a lot of this country. He just needed one person to help him get out of Dodge
So his parents are fine not helping find him and now a friend is going to risk their entire future to hide him?? I find it unlikely since he has basically zero friends. I think the odds are a lot more likely that he’s planning his stay than he was able to get someone to help him with the media coverage on this case. Anyone who helps him is facing charges… that’s a hard sell IMO.
JMO.

Sure. I was interested in where her body was found because I'm wondering what story Brian came up with to tell his family. If her body was very close to the van, he couldn't say she took off and didn't come back, because everyone would know he could have easily found her if her body was right there. I am very interested to find out what story he gave, and also the cause of death.
I don't think he even mentioned her death to them. He took off on the 14th and her body was found the 19th ? Until her body was found, they probably believed whatever story he told them. After he ran away and then her body was found, it should have occurred to them that he had lied to them, and likely killed her. But they are not about to say what they think to anyone. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member