Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
People do all kinds of things in public libraries that don't involve physical books. They use restrooms, hang out in heated or air conditioned spaces, use computers, recharge phones, meet people, read out of town newspapers, make copies/use a scanner... I suspect for the Laundries it was a cooler, anonymous space to hang out in. Most likely they had allowed extra driving time to get to their appt & they didn't want to sit in the office waiting room for so long
JMO

They're being subjected to such close scrutiny (let's face it, it was in the news that Brian's dad put the rubbish bin out!) that if they had done ANY of those other things you listed, it would've been reported accordingly in the media IMO.

The interest in this case is such that the tiniest details are being dissected and analysed to an extent that I feel it would have been reported if they were doing anything other than aimlessly standing around in there.

MOO

Thank you for posting this. I did not watch video 2 in its entirety as I did video 1 and I was completely unaware of the part quoted above. I was aware of the "contact supervisor" piece but was not aware that it got as far as them discussing a reversal of an order. I did not think there was this level of formality to their stop. Very interesting. This confirms to me IMOO that as we had been discussing since the release of video 1, that they truly did believe he was the victim. This is evidence of that, as opposed to a "Well, we don't know which of them really started it so we separated them, etc." MOO

I sure hope I don’t have it wrong…I just took the whole (not direct quote) of officer to GP “think very hard before you answer bc this will affect what happens next…did you intend to cause him pain when you slapped him” as them using a very literal definition of “assault” to find a way to not cite her (in video 2 there is a discussion of how they define assault; that is how they come up with the idea to go ask her very pointedly if she intended him pain or injury).
Also, pretty sure the written police report calls it a “mental health” issue and mentions no citation.
Even in video 1 I was certain he said “ I’m not going to cite you” but also my brain is now mush with this whole case as it has been emotionally draining. I’d watch again to make sure but I would need a few days before being able to do so, even forwarding through the really rough parts

It's from his Instagram page. Third row down in the middle.

What he wrote, verbatim, is this:

"Zion is proof that mankind can ruin anything even in an effort to preserve it. Beautiful park just with an unfortunate infestation of human beings."

He could have meant litter in the park, something like that. Hard to tell, but it sounds like he valued nature over humanity. Many do.

I am fully aware of what he wrote. And what he never said is, “homeless people are an infestation.” Which is what he has been accused of saying. The man is bad enough. We don’t need to make him sound even worse.

You're not really suggesting calling off all efforts to find a wanted man, when there are tips continuing to pour in on a live, and very new and active case? Because the dead person has been recovered and buried, and the neighbors are annoyed?

That seems to run counter to the whole purpose/reason for being of a justice system.
To me, it's more than an annoyance. It's a real disturbance of children and seniors living close by. It serves no real purpose to have people with bullhorns keeping the whole neighborhood in an uproar. Truly, what do these protesters think they're accomplishing?

I think BL is of above average intelligence and considers himself self-educated and smart. I don't share the view that he thinks he's smarter than everyone else - he knows he's not. He's a close observer (and disliker) of humans, from what I see in the bodycam video. He knows how to adopt the proper stance for the situation. I doubt he's had many run-ins with police, so it's not like he's had practice.

There are so many possibilities about why his parents aren't coming forward, but they all boil down to: "The parents do not expect to ever see him again."

Just wanted to say that I find your posts valuable and that you are bringing a realistic perspective to the problems of this case. I totally agree about the nature (and will add that the fringes of all the Western NP's are filled with what are basically homeless people - who work in so-called "gig" jobs and camp on people's property/break into cabins/live in tents, etc.) Tourists leave SO much gear in dumpsters or just at the curb (near motels) in the gateway towns. Since these people are mostly solo males, they have a kind of...solidarity? They don't turn each other in. They do get shot breaking into places, sometimes, but they are rarely found dead from the elements.

In the Sierra, all you have to do in a NP to get food is open one of the hundreds of communal bear boxes at any trailhead and help yourself. I've seen people do it. I've interviewed people who did it (and there seem to be some norms - you don't take a bunch of stuff, you take less perishable "junk").

The West Coast (particularly Oregon and Washington right now) are perfect for that lifestyle.

Fortunately, you are also right about there being some degree of...watching...of these people. More cabin owners are getting cameras. LE is still scant in these regions, but much of it is federal and the fire starting behavior of these "homeless by choice in the mountains" people is of grave concern. And in the NP's and NF's, I believe they will remember his face - at least until the next crop of young employees take the place of the ones there right now. BL will also age. He's been indoors a lot, he will acquire the weathered look of the outdoor life.

The only thing Nature demands is scrupulous attention to its own laws, like the law of gravity and the laws of thermodynamics. Very predictable, unlike people.
Great insight. I appreciate it!

Why did BL parents bother to report their son “missing” ? Couldn’t they have just not said anything?
Either because they truly did not know where he was or, to create the impression that they truly did not know where he was. We don't know. But we can suspect, based on the fact that they have done nothing that we are aware of to find him......other than providing material for sniffer dogs. jmo

"Zion is proof that mankind can ruin anything even in an effort to preserve it. Beautiful park just with an unfortunate infestation of human beings."

He could have meant litter in the park, something like that. Hard to tell, but it sounds like he valued nature over humanity. Many do.
IMOO that's a radical statement (and gives me personal unfounded and unstated insight into his mindset) IMOO. I've been to some of the national parks. They are breathtaking. If you visit from a densely populated area, you can feel like you're in another country entirely. We are all entitled to visit and enjoy these natural wonders. They are something to behold and cherish. The fact that "humans infest them" is a good thing. Everyone should take some time to visit at least one. MOO

The FBI have launched a million dollar manhunt for the 23-year-old

Jennifer Shen, a former director of the San Diego Police Department's Crime Lab, told The Sun exclusively: "I think Brian’s parents have exhibited very odd behavior. It appears they know where he is, or where he went at least.

"Their home is fair game for searching, as it is a potential crime scene, and the [alleged] suspect lives there.

"It does appear the parents were complicit in his disappearance, although we may never know.

"The cars are also evidence, as they may point to where Brian was last seen by his parents, and therefore give some indication as to where he may have gone.
Gabby Petito cops 'may use GPS to track Brian's parents movements'

eta:Gabby Petito’s father says she’s ‘already saving lives’ - follow updates live

Either because they truly did not know where he was or, to create the impression that they truly did not know where he was. We don't know. But we can suspect, based on the fact that they have done nothing that we are aware of to find him......other than providing material for sniffer dogs. jmo
Yeah. I think the tendency when given two options (with these people), is to lean towards the devious/potentially nefarious.

There is potentially an innocent explanation when it comes to them reporting Brian missing (they truly didn't know where he was).

I could go either way, even considering their pattern of behavior.

I am ready to see BL caught today. Who is with me? I want to see him come out, missing some hide flesh, with his hands up. Is it possible?

Let's see, I would like to know your answers to these questions:

1) Do you think BL is alive? If no, you can scroll and roll. If so, why?
2) Where do you think he is hiding?
3) How long do you give him to stay like this, or do you think he will change positions.
4) Do you think BL has committed any other violent crimes while being a fugitive?
5) Why do you think he has not been captured yet?

For me it's:

1) Yes. Because his parents' behavior is not that of grieving parents;
2) It is somewhere down South, probably Florida, but he has not left the US.
3) It's a tough thing to say; if he is with relatives or other iconoclasts who won't turn him in, it could be awhile. If he is alone, I give him a few more weeks.
4) I used to, but I really don't know now.
5) Because he had such a long head start; because his parents helped him to abscond and hide - they have not done anything to assist in finding him, or in making any plea that he please come home; they officially reported him missing, but did not give any description as to what he was wearing; IMO they are massively involved in his departure from his home.

ALL JMO.

I am fully aware of what he wrote. And what he never said is, “homeless people are an infestation.” Which is what he has been accused of saying. The man is bad enough. We don’t need to make him sound even worse.

I agree, but people all see things from different perspectives, so it's good to allow a wide range of interpretations. To be fair, the original poster was implying that BL looked at humanity, in general, as an infestation, and then added the "homeless" to that classification.

The Zion quote could be taken many ways, and since we don't have BL here to clarify, we're seeing a lot of paraphrasing of his intent.

JMOO

I also agree, "The man is bad enough."

He sure is!

They're being subjected to such close scrutiny (let's face it, it was in the news that Brian's dad put the rubbish bin out!) that if they had done ANY of those other things you listed, it would've been reported accordingly in the media IMO.

The interest in this case is such that the tiniest details are being dissected and analysed to an extent that I feel it would have been reported if they were doing anything other than aimlessly standing around in there.

MOO

That's probably true. I expect the library was just a refuge with AC for the Laundries while they waited for their appt time. But I found it amusing people said "they didn't look at books!" Books are so last century per many librarians these days. Libraries are information and community hubs, not book repositories.
JMO

And those who do are often vilified unfairly!

Often those who value nature over humanity are a product of how they've been treated by their fellow humans.

I'm not saying this is definitely the case with BL, but it's certainly the case with me.

MOO

To me, it's more than an annoyance. It's a real disturbance of children and seniors living close by. It serves no real purpose to have people with bullhorns keeping the whole neighborhood in an uproar. Truly, what do these protesters think they're accomplishing?

I really wasn't commenting on the quality of life impact of protesters in the neighborhood, but rather asking whether that was really intended to be mentioned as a support for calling off investigatory/legal efforts in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pettylogic