Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of the old and perhaps sexist adage about men never wanting to ask for directions. Then I'm thinking about this early AM sighting. I can't imagine why someone would want to make up such a thing and put their real name out there (Mr. Davis) if it wasn't true. And I cannot imagine someone in their right mind doing this (this being pulling someone over to ask for directions to California - sounds like the beginnings of a sad country song).

So, that leaves me with four options (my MOO idle speculation only):

1. Mr. Davis made it up

2. Someone who lives in that area was trying to behave like Brian Laundrie (after all, the story is everywhere) for ***** and giggles.

3. It was actually Brian Laundrie and he's actually gone over the deep end.

4. It was actually Brian Laundrie and he was executing a carefully (rolling eyes) move in the same way that he hitchhiked in the Tetons. As someone else said, setting up an insanity plea of some sort.

If it is bullet holes, the crime scene investigators would have dug the bullet out, right? That would make the holes bigger? Idk anything about guns/bullets so I am just asking if anyone knows.
I'm going to vote no on it, but I'm certainly no expert. That would also be some wild shooting in all different directions. I can't see it going unnoticed.

I’m assuming we’re allowed to talk about the Tennessee sightings?

The pigeon river meets up with the AT at one point. And my thing is, if he has a vehicle where the heck did he get it??

“There is no doubt in my mind I spoke to Brian Laundrie — none whatsoever,” Davis, 53, said.

“Dog the Bounty Hunter’s daughter sent me an audio file of Brian’s voice and the voice was the same I heard.”

A lost and dazed man allegedly waved down Davis on Waterville Road, where the Appalachian Trail runs nearby the border of North Carolina and Tennessee.

The man believed to be Laundrie pulled his car up alongside Davis to ask for directions to California using only back roads and refused Davis’ suggestion to take nearby Interstate 40.

He said ‘man, I’m lost.’ I said ‘what are you trying to find?’ and he said ‘me and my girlfriend got in a fight but she called me, told me she loves me, and I have to get to California to see her.’

“I said ‘well, I-40 is right there and you could take it west to California’ and he said, ‘I’m just going to take this road into California’.

“He was worried and not making sense.”

Davis did not immediately recognize the man as the fugitive until he pulled over and looked up photos of the outlaw on his phone.

The man Davis sighted drove a white or light-colored pick up truck resembling a Ford F-150 and wore a dark bandana on his head.

Despite the road being dark, Davis said the headlights from both idle cars were sufficient to see the man at such close range.

“Obviously, as a father with a daughter, I want to do whatever I can to help the family find closure and get this guy off the streets,” he said.

“Law enforcement is probably getting millions of leads on this guy, but I am not some goofball out there doing drugs in the middle of the night, I am a highly educated professional.”
Do you have the link for this?

I'm thinking of the old and perhaps sexist adage about men never wanting to ask for directions. Then I'm thinking about this early AM sighting. I can't imagine why someone would want to make up such a thing and put their real name out there (Mr. Davis) if it wasn't true. And I cannot imagine someone in their right mind doing this (this being pulling someone over to ask for directions to California - sounds like the beginnings of a sad country song).

So, that leaves me with four options (my MOO idle speculation only):

1. Mr. Davis made it up

2. Someone who lives in that area was trying to behave like Brian Laundrie (after all, the story is everywhere) for ***** and giggles.

3. It was actually Brian Laundrie and he's actually gone over the deep end.

4. It was actually Brian Laundrie and he was executing a carefully (rolling eyes) move in the same way that he hitchhiked in the Tetons. As someone else said, setting up an insanity plea of some sort.

Most definitely #3.

If he does have a vehicle and could take any route why would he still be in vicinity of the AT? Any thoughts on why that could be?

Lets say its him. Traveling only at night you wouldn't make much distance traveling only backroads found in most of a fantastically huge area down there. Maybe he was hunkered down somewhere and has finally gotten spooked and is moving.

I’m assuming we’re allowed to talk about the Tennessee sightings?

The pigeon river meets up with the AT at one point. And my thing is, if he has a vehicle where the heck did he get it??

Quite. You’d have to think any recently stolen or sold vehicles matching this description might be relatively quick to pin down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim