Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure it’s been ruled out as a credible sighting. JMO
North Carolina Police Respond To Claims That Brian Laundrie Is Hiding At His Grandfather's Home

“New Bern police officers collaborated with the Raleigh branch office of the FBI and four FBI agents who arrived in New Bern to further the investigation,” reads the email received by the reporter. “At the conclusion of our efforts, we do not believe he was, or is, in New Bern.”

The video posted by SKYline News reporter Chad Nesbitt was taken off Facebook as the claims appear to have been disproven, but the police in North Carolina remain vigilant despite that.

Probably so but it’s kind of odd two separate recent sightings came from areas near the Appalachian Trail in TN and NC.

IMO….Who asks for directions anymore, especially at his age? Why would someone in his position (fugitive) ask for directions? Even if he couldn’t navigate via GPS on his phone (assuming he doesn’t have one) why would he ask a complete stranger
for directions instead of buying an old school road map or just following general signs (using basic geography) to his intended destination? Either this is a false positive or he’s just being a incompetent criminal again.
Basically, he only has to drive towards the sun set.... and away from the sun rise... simples.

So, asking for pretty impossible directions then. Someone would know backroads all the way from TN to CA to tell him? And that he would remember (if the person actually Googled the way for him).

"Turn right onto Smith Road, make a left at Black Road, go 30 miles through to Jonesville, then make a right at the fire station ...... "

I imagine the person in the truck was a hoaxster.
"If you hear banjos, you've gone too far..."

Asking for directions would sound like he didn't have that burner phone for GPS.

The article mentions both cars.

Despite the road being dark, Davis said the headlights from both idle cars were sufficient to see the man at such close range.

I've pulled up side to side to speak with another driver at night many times and my experience is I could be speaking to my own doppelganger and I wouldn't know it. BL is a pretty generic looking dude and night time encounters are full of shadows from low headlights reflecting from weird angles. He could have encountered any one of the numerous people who get turned around in those mountains.

And as an aside, when I go to the mountains I like taking the back roads more than the interstates. Not at night as much, but sometimes I do, because the lights in the valley are a gorgeous sight.

'He said ‘man, I’m lost.’ I said ‘what are you trying to find?’ and he said ‘me and my girlfriend got in a fight but she called me, told me she loves me, and I have to get to California to see her.’

For some obscure reason this has made me fall about giggling helplessly, I can't do anything about it, .. 'me and my girlfriend got in a fight... '...

Brian admitting to being lost.. ... I can't see that happening.

The story is farcical. No normal person would give such an explanation for wanting directions. If anything, it would be more like, "Do you know the best way to head towards California?" or WTTE.

I've pulled up side to side to speak with another driver at night many times and my experience is I could be speaking to my own doppelganger and I wouldn't know it. BL is a pretty generic looking dude and night time encounters are full of shadows from low headlights reflecting from weird angles. He could have encountered any one of the numerous people who get turned around in those mountains.

And as an aside, when I go to the mountains I like taking the back roads more than the interstates. Not at night as much, but sometimes I do, because the lights in the valley are a gorgeous sight.

I actually think his eyes are really distinctive.

“Man, I’m lost”, that doesn’t seem to be the dialect of Long Island or Florida. I know beggars can’t be choosers, but I don’t see Brian driving a truck, they are gas guzzlers. I also feel like he would have been far further into the country, if he was trying to escape Florida. I am hoping he will be caught soon, I just don’t think this was him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni