Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially with this news coming out - I stand with my previous assertion - Brian packed that gun into their van for their trip. I think he convinced Gabby it was necessary for protection in the unknown areas they might find themselves in out in unfamiliar territory. I believe Brian shot and killed Gabby. I think the reason the search scaled down for targeted ares is because the search is on to find that gun. They need the murder weapon for a conviction. They have the bullet. imo

f-150s are the most popular pickup truck in the country though...and the supposed witness didn't specify whether the vehicle was new or not...idk if this sighting is real or not, just pointing that out.

FWIW I think some work trucks are left unlocked at times- people unloading equipment, only two hands, etc., different people driving them on the same day so key left. If he is stealing vehicles though, that would leave reports and a trail, so not sure that makes sense. Makes me think of the boys who stole vehicles and killed people in Canada.

Detectives with the Lee County Sheriff’s Office Electronic Surveillance Unit launched the Dragonfish Drone to assist the North Port Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation in their search for Brian Laundrie,” the Lee County Sheriff’s Office wrote in a Facebook post with this video.

But award-winning forensic artist Lois Gibson believes that his appearance and face would have changed by now - apart from his ears.

Laundrie will lose weight and being on the run will naturally "degrade" his life - however, features like your ears generally can't be altered.

Gibson, who holds a Guinness World Record for most identifications by a forensic artist, told NewsNationNow: “I’ve been working cases for 39 years and he is going to get a lot of sun, he’s gonna lose weight.

"I don’t care how much money he has. If you’re on the run … it’s hard to eat, it degrades your life.

"Ears are the most complicated object on the surface of the head. They’re more complicated than the eyes, lips or the nose."

She added that "if Laundrie is smart" he'll shave his beard and moustache immediately.

Lenny DePaul, a former US Marshal, believes Laundrie is “sleeping with one eye open” even though he thinks cops are “chasing a ghost.”

He told the New York Post: “I personally think he could be anywhere. It doesn’t matter. He’s gonna mess up. He’s going to make a mistake.”

Maureen O’Connell, formerly of the FBI, added that she believes Laundrie will be found alive.

She told Fox News: “I have a feeling that [Laundrie] is going to be found and he is going to be found alive.

“All the information that’s been coming in for weeks now, as you layer it upon yourself, you can start to see all these things coming to fruition.”
Brian will have 'lost weight' but can be identified by his EARS, expert says
Looking at that really good ear pic about halfway down, BL has pointy ears- from the front- and no lobes. He also has more stubble on the top of his head than I’ve noticed before. If he grew all that out & did one of those bald-math-teacher-comb-overs, he’d look very different & maybe even cover those points. Imo.

He also said, “I’ve never liked any of Gabby’s boyfriends, let’s be real. I’ve never actually called one of her boyfriends by their real name – ever, ever. I’ve always made up names for them, to be honest with you.” … “I always tried to use the female version of the boyfriends’ names, just to intimidate them a little bit”.

[Dr Phil interview]
What was Brian’s name, Brianna? Brynn? :) Inquiring minds want to know…

Last edited:
I've often wondered if the search in the swamp is for Gabby's phone. Perfect place to dispose of it if he was too scatterbrained to ditch it somewhere on his drive home from Wyoming. They may have thought he was in the swamp too, but perhaps there was a digital trail they were actually following.

Especially with this news coming out - I stand with my previous assertion - Brian packed that gun into their van for their trip. I think he convinced Gabby it was necessary for protection in the unknown areas they might find themselves in out in unfamiliar territory. I believe Brian shot and killed Gabby. I think the reason the search scaled down for targeted ares is because the search is on to find that gun. They need the murder weapon for a conviction. They have the bullet. imo
Hmm. Interesting. Wouldn't he have ditched the gun somewhere on his "hike" to Colter Bay area? jmo

Let it be today - in TN or NC wherever he is right now.

Maybe a Barney Fife sheriff type will find him, or better an Andy Griffith type.

Shout out to the good people of TN and NC - you can catch him! And I love the irony since BL "hates Southerners"

I’d prefer that a Charles Bronson or Dirty Harry type finds him, “Are you feeling lucky…”

That would explain going back out the next day to where her body was found. They’d need to determine, or confirm, the trajectory of the bullet. Thus ruling homicide vs suicide. JMO

Looking at that really good ear pic about halfway down, BL has pointy ears- from the front- and no lobes. He also has more stubble on the top of his head than I’ve noticed before. If he grew all that out & did one of those bald-math-teacher-comb-overs, he’d look very different & maybe even cover those points. Imo.
Also, i'm guessing his weight has dropped somewhat and maybe facial wise his bone structure is more prominent.

I thought this too for so long until I realized they wouldn’t have helicopters to search for a gun. Unless they are using the copters to look at the terrain and guide search crews.

Some things came to mind last night and I have some questions.

Do we know for sure that after the Moab incident GP and BL linked back together?

I have not seen this confirmed anywhere and it would really help to make sense of things. I know the officers said in the body cam video as soon as BL went to the station the next morning and filled out some paperwork she could pick him up. What if he did and she did not want to pick him up. Everyone seems to be under the assumption that GP was helpless and she seemed to be taking the blame for his actions but what if she had enough of the fighting and abuse after the Maob stop and what if LE did talk her into cutting ties with BL.

Could this have been why BL flew home? Because GP took the van and didn’t engage with him after the incident. Could BL have been the creepy dude lurking around the campsite where Kylen and Crystal were found, because he knew that was the next campsite he and Gabby were planning to stay. Maybe he was waiting for GP thinking she might continue their itinerary without him and he was trying to find her. I tried to find their itinerary on All Trails this morning but couldn’t find it.

Perhaps BL’s parents knew of the fight and that GP ghosted BL after the incident and they paid for a flight home and that’s why he got her stuff out of storage because he was furious she left him and he knew it was over.

Then at some point they reconciled over the phone and he flew back and we all know what roughly happens next.

Either way, this theory provides a good reason BL flew home to FL suddenly and also may provide a motive for the homicide. He may have been mad things ended and that SHE left him.

I truly began thinking about this because I have not seen anyone provide any evidence that they did in fact get back together after BL’s hotel stay in Moab.

Also, there has been a lot of speculation about why GP had to stay in a hotel in Moab. In the body cam footage the officer also stated GP would have to appear in front of a judge a week after the incident. Maybe this is why she stayed at the hotel SLC?
I have wondered this as well, but my thoughts drifted into something or other happening in Wyoming, other than her death.

Her family's words in this quote from the Sun when Gabby was first designated missing (body not yet found) are just curious to me.

Seems like they knew something happened. What was that something? And maybe I am reading too far into those words, which is a real possibility. And your theory may be spot on as well. MOO!

"Brian, whatever happened in Wyoming, happened. The only thing you can control is what you do now. Tell us where Gabby is," they said.

Gabby and Brian 'had HUGE row at store where a murder victim worked'

Last edited:
I have wondered this as well, but my thoughts drifted into something or other happening in Wyoming other than her death. Her family's words in this quote from the Sun when Gabby was first designated missing (body not yet found) are just curious to me. Seems like they knew something happened. What was that something? And maybe I am reading too far into those words, which is a real possibility. And your theory may be spot on as well. MOO!

"Brian, whatever happened in Wyoming, happened. The only thing you can control is what you do now. Tell us where Gabby is," they said.

Gabby and Brian 'had HUGE row at store where a murder victim worked'

Could she have met someone in Wyoming?

I truly began thinking about this because I have not seen anyone provide any evidence that they did in fact get back together after BL’s hotel stay in Moab.

Also, there has been a lot of speculation about why GP had to stay in a hotel in Moab. In the body cam footage the officer also stated GP would have to appear in front of a judge a week after the incident. Maybe this is why she stayed at the hotel SLC?
SBM and BBM

There's a lot of evidence thy did in fact get back together after the Moab incident.

We are a 70 Muscle Car family and my son collects them. He bought two Monte Carlos off EBay transported to his location of choice. No ID required. It’s possible a vehicle could have been delivered and was waiting somewhere.

SBM and BBM

There's a lot of evidence thy did in fact get back together after the Moab incident.

Not sure what SBM and BBM stands for. I know they got back together after he flew back on the 24th. But, in that initial period after the incident Aug. 13th-24th? Is it confirmed they were together again?

I'm sorry if this has been discussed and I missed it, but I have a question regarding the FBI collecting items from the Laundrie household. Since BL has not been formally charged with anything to do with GP's death, can we assume the FBI's DNA matching or whatever they are doing with these items is NOT related to GP's death? We have the federal arrest warrant for unauthorized access of cards, so the FBI can only collect things in regards to either that warrant or BL's disappearance? Is that correct?

The FBI is still waiting on the results of the final autopsy. The federal warrant re the cards means that he can be arrested in any State as soon as he's apprehended while they continue to build their case to support a murder charge or manslaughter charge. They want every bit of evidence to show probable cause and want all their ducks in a row to basically be ready or close to ready to go to trial. Defendants can ask for a speedy trial and this only allows the prosecutor, I think, 60 days to be ready.

I believe that BL and his family are not masterminds in anything, particularly as criminals. BL does the quick and easy thing. Likely gave way to his temper with GP, panicked and ran when faced with a difficult situation instead of owning it. Back home to mama and papa. Looking at the fact he had not done a whole lot after high school other than his hiking and visiting wilderness type areas, working a low paying job, still living with parents , he’s not exactly a go get ‘em type with deep, brilliant ideas

His parents are not wealthy but comfortable and appear to conform to the law. I believe they are still doing so, following attorney advice carefully

The FBI are pretty good at assessing their cast of characters and likely know who and what they are dealing with. In such cases, the venues and people involved are limited. Who would give aid to someone with fugitive status so widely in news? Comes down usually to long time close friends and family. So, grandparents ,other relatives friends are likely under watch.

The curve ball in all of this is BL’s above average knowledge and skills in the outside wilderness. Scoff, though some on this forum have, about his suvivalist skills, they are far above average. Appears his family has traveled and camped over his lifetime. He does have far better than a Etage skills in that area

So understandableLE is looking near grandpa’s area. As well as anyone else with higher than average likelihood to help BL

I want to give a shout-out in praise to LE who underwent the miserable and grueling search in Carlton Reserve in horrible weather. Many did this feeling it was futile, but still went out there and did their jobs.

It really makes me cringe when I read comments which essentially demean people who work in lower paying jobs. I'm not defending BL but I am defending people who work hard to provide us with essential goods and services.

MOO: Sounds plausible, but talk about a needle in a haystack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86