Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I repeat this sighting here:

A Florida engineer is adamant he spoke with Brian Laundrie on a deserted road near the Appalachian Trail in North Carolina on Saturday morning.
“There is no doubt in my mind I spoke to Brian Laundrie — none whatsoever,” Davis, 53, said.
“Dog the Bounty Hunter’s daughter sent me an audio file of Brian’s voice and the voice was the same I heard.”
A lost and dazed man allegedly waved down Davis on Waterville Road, where the Appalachian Trail runs nearby the border of North Carolina and Tennessee.
The man believed to be Laundrie pulled his car up alongside Davis to ask for directions to California using only back roads and refused Davis’ suggestion to take nearby Interstate 40.
Davis, a father of four currently hiking the Appalachian Trail, said the Laundrie-look-alike acted skittish and rambled about being in a fight with his girlfriend.
Davis said he believes if the man was Laundrie he was “wigged out” from being on the run and the situation with Petito.
“He said ‘man, I’m lost.’ I said ‘what are you trying to find?’ and he said ‘me and my girlfriend got in a fight but she called me, told me she loves me, and I have to get to California to see her.’
“I said ‘well, I-40 is right there and you could take it west to California’ and he said, ‘I’m just going to take this road into California’.
“He was worried and not making sense.”
Davis did not immediately recognize the man as the fugitive until he pulled over and looked up photos of the outlaw on his phone.
The man Davis sighted drove a white or light-colored pick up truck resembling a Ford F-150 and wore a dark bandana on his head.

Source: Brian Laundrie may have been spotted on Appalachian Trail

Sounds interesting.
Why California?
Is anyone in law enforcement on this, or are people just talking about it? At this point in time, if he was heading west, he is in Arkansas or Missouri or as far as Colorado, who knows..................... jmo

Going with the gun theory… for the FBI to have a bullet the projectile must have been found in GPs body or near her murder site. Finding the gun, or more specifically the barrel of the gun is critical to matching a unique ballistic “fingerprint” from the barrel to the projectile.

Empty shell casings found on-site could also have a unique firing pin indent to match to a specific gun. Unlike revolvers, semi-automatic handguns, the most common type sold today (what appears in BL photos), eject spent shell casings on the ground.

There is A LOT more that FBI labs can do, even without the gun. They can chemically match the lead of the projectile to other ammunition recovered from BLs property. Every batch of lead has a mix of elements that varies batch to batch. This is useful also as the projectile often deforms or fragments after striking the target. So if BL has a box of ammo from the same batch as a projectile found at the murder scene, that is hard evidence.
Yes. I read and posted several articles and videos saying just what you are. They need that gun and found some small part of it under seven inches of that stuff and it was enough to convict. And what about all those spray paint looking spots? Weren’t they numbered. Orange maybe. Luminal? Blood spatter? Coroner sure did call it Homicide early on…

With the information from the lawyer that Cassie saw BL on Sept 1 at her house, I think she stumbled mid-statement because she caught herself in the lie that she assumed he flew home. If she actually assumed he flew home on September 1, she was quickly disabused of the notion during the Sept 1 get together with BL especially if he drove the van to her house. MOO. Had she finished her sentence, it would have been, "Because that's what he did last time," and the Aug 17-23 supposed trip seems to be something no one is talking about.
Thank you for this. Makes the most sense.

Or just money he stole. He's proven he's not above theft. I can't imagine that being on the run has made him less desperate.

Yeah, maybe. But using a credit or debit card after GP was dead, a card that he'd very likely used before during the trip or during the relationship, is quite different from robbing a stranger. And it's not as though people carry cash these days. Stealing a wallet and using stolen credit cards isn't going to get him very far but will likely get him caught. He could steal a car/truck I guess if he found one with the keys (can't quite see him "hot wiring" a vehicle) but he'd have to keep trading off stolen cars to keep from getting caught.

We don't know how much he got from the account he is accused of accessing. All we know is to bring the charge, there would need to be evidence it was at least $1000. Could have been more but might not have been. If it was GP's account, I can't imagine there was a ton of money available.

JMO

My previous comment was removed because I didn't supply a link, so I'm curious to know what y'all think when CL made the statement in the interview, "I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that". I'm stuck on what she might have meant.

ABC Exclusive: Full interview with Brian Laundrie's sister on Gabby Petito (msn.com)
It could literally have been anything but since the simplest explanation is usually correct, I'm going to defer to GP parent's explanation that they couldn't talk about that trip for the storage.

It is 600 miles walking, and 715 by car. So, 20 minutes per mile it is 200 hours.

How long would it take me to walk six hundred miles? - Quora

But I feel Mommy dropped him off somewhere, possibly at Grandad's in TN and he has been wandering around and driving that Ford-150 for some time.

I still think it’s possible that the truck was bought when he came back to FL while Gabby was in Utah. They stashed it somewhere he would have access to (possibly near or in FDS) Loaded the camper up and when they went camping transferred all the goods to the truck. Cassie was the 3rd person in the truck when the parents left, and then Brian left in the ford. JMO just a theory. And he’s only been driving at night. They need to check the parents and sister’s bank statements and credit card statements to see if anyone has pulled out a large amount of money.

A Florida engineer is adamant he spoke with Brian Laundrie on a deserted road near the Appalachian Trail in North Carolina on Saturday morning.
“There is no doubt in my mind I spoke to Brian Laundrie — none whatsoever,” Davis, 53, said.
“Dog the Bounty Hunter’s daughter sent me an audio file of Brian’s voice and the voice was the same I heard.”
A lost and dazed man allegedly waved down Davis on Waterville Road, where the Appalachian Trail runs nearby the border of North Carolina and Tennessee.
The man believed to be Laundrie pulled his car up alongside Davis to ask for directions to California using only back roads and refused Davis’ suggestion to take nearby Interstate 40.
Davis, a father of four currently hiking the Appalachian Trail, said the Laundrie-look-alike acted skittish and rambled about being in a fight with his girlfriend.
Davis said he believes if the man was Laundrie he was “wigged out” from being on the run and the situation with Petito.
“He said ‘man, I’m lost.’ I said ‘what are you trying to find?’ and he said ‘me and my girlfriend got in a fight but she called me, told me she loves me, and I have to get to California to see her.’
“I said ‘well, I-40 is right there and you could take it west to California’ and he said, ‘I’m just going to take this road into California’.
Davis did not immediately recognize the man as the fugitive until he pulled over and looked up photos of the outlaw on his phone.
The man Davis sighted drove a white or light-colored pick up truck resembling a Ford F-150 and wore a dark bandana on his head.

Sounds interesting.
Why California?

It is my opinion that this "sighting" is bogus!

It contained too many details and a narrative to convince the listener it really was BL.

No

No, different vehicles. In Boone, a silver or silver blue 4runner. Tip included photo of vehicle on TikTok. @Welcometomeltalk
Thanks. I guess it’s always possible he acquired multiple vehicles or one or more eye witness statements was false.

Last edited:
SBM BBM (I'm still learning too)

I am not convinced that the FBI will state a cause of death at this point. If it does not help them (and it might actually hurt the prosecution), I am not sure why they would give out that information.

Do you think they will release if it’s murder or manslaughter etc without revealing COD? From what I’ve heard homicide doesn’t necessarily mean murder so surely if it does become a murder investigation that will be released to the public, so this makes me think they haven’t determined it yet. Just a theory.

Appalachian-Trail.jpg

Brian Laundrie may have been spotted on Appalachian Trail

Dennis Davis’ alleged encounter with the boyfriend of slain Long Island native Gabby Petito comes as police receive tips that Laundrie may be traversing the trail, the world’s longest footpath.

The Appalachians is understood to be an area familiar to Laundrie, who was previously reported to have once lived there “by himself for months.”

dennis-davis-brian-laundrie.jpg

“He was worried and not making sense.” The man he encountered looked and spoke like the elusive Brian Laundrie.

“And I know that was the guy. There is no doubt about it.

Last edited:
I know it's very easy to get caught up on the emotions of what's happened, but if you believe Brian has no soul, why do you think Gabby was with him for so long? What you are saying is that she was a poor judge of character? Somehow, I don't believe that.
People like BL do not present themselves immediately as someone with no soul. He may have presented himself as a wounded bird and she wanted to help him. Also, people like BL wear you down to where you have no confidence in yourself. At all. That's why abused people stay so long. Good people get fooled all the time.

Sounds interesting.
Why California?
Why California? Its temperate. Its forested. Its populated. Its got that "let it be" lifestyle some find attractive. Its up to it's eyeballs in young people. A hundred reasons. Right now, Brian is...anywhere. He's also anywhere with an enormous bounty stamped on his forehead. Doing a runner is stressful enough. Doing a runner when there's a price tag on your sorry butt ups the anti considerably. Patience.

I can't bear to go back and watch the Moab videos again, but does anyone recall questions about weapons? It's standard procedure for responding officers to ask about any weapons present when they go to DV calls.

Did LE even ask? I don't think Gabby would have lied if there was indeed a gun in that van.

We don’t know - but MOO he is the pacing around type who would be saying, “aren’t you done yet?! I thought we were going hiking!!!”
I suspect it was "I gave you time to finish, you'll never be any good". Remembering from the cop cam...."I gave her time...." And he was "WHO"? to give HER time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haororg