Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, she sort of deflected about the 1st September meeting. Sure it wasn't a planned visit and the parents and Brian sprang that on her. But didn't she wonder where Gabby was? Didn't she ask, hey where's Gabby? What did they tell her about Gabby's whereabouts? Is that when Brian gave her the postcards from Gabby?

There's an oddness there in terms of what happened 1st Sept.

Too bad the protestors didn't follow up on that.

Cassie said:
- parents' lawyer threw her under the bus, she's livid, not talking to her parents
- she doesn't know if her parents are involved
- she doesn't know if Brian killed Gabby
- she saw Brian on his trip home during the dates of Aug 17-23 (didn't confirm the dates, but confirmed he came back previously)
- said she was previously involved with a bad relationship like that... then corrected herself to say I mean, what's being said about it
- saw Brian at the campground Sept 6, from 2pm-8pm, nothing came up because her kids were there
- saw Brian Sept 1, he arrived with his parents who had previously arranged to see Cassie's kids. She's mad about this, BL did not show up on his own, his parents brought him & she had no idea he was in town, & their lawyer left that part out (that the parents brought him)
Fantastic summary, thank you SO much!

She did say that she spoke to LE and the FBI and the FBI asked her not to talk. In my experience, the FBI is very stern with witnesses. They will say directly that if you discuss this with other people, you can compromise this investigation. They really try to scare you into not repeating what you say to them so it doesn't affect the testimony of other witnesses or possibly perpetrators.

So I could see leaving those interviews and you don't have your own lawyer and you think you better just shut your mouth no matter what is being said about you because you don't want the FBI upset at you!

Makes sense. I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately there are a plethora of questions certain people could answer, but will only come out if there is a trial. And that is dependent on finding Brian first.

Exactly! And, this is an inconsistency. And, we have Petitio on the record stating he called her. This is where she needs to be very careful. MOO. She may truly be in the dark but she just tripped herself up.

"Petito said his family began worrying after several days without hearing from their daughter. 'We called Brian, we called the mom, we called the dad, we called the sister, we called every number that we could find,” Petito said. “No phone calls were picked up, no text messages were returned.”

FBI searches Florida home of Petito's boyfriend; autopsy scheduled for Tuesday

And, the whole Disney thing that she said to ABC when she just said now that the kids had school. Not sure of the dates told though. Would have to look at the transcript in Thread 47 again.
Mr. Petito apologized publicly and profusely to Cassie for that during the Dr. Phil show.

Some interesting info. I found her believable. She's obviously upset, shaking a bit, very angry but very believable.
-Brian and Gabby had a storage locker, not a full storage room. Cassie was asked about the storage facility and she quickly corrected that it was a locker.
-Brian did come home on the 17th, Cassie doesn't know who paid for the flight. Brian didn't talk about the fight on the 12th, he just talked about the next places he and Gabby were planning to visit. Cassie face timed with Gabby during the time that Brian was home. Cassie said she was "in the dark" about the fight on the 12th.
-Brian and Gabby lived with them for a short time and they never saw any problems. Cassie was asked about neighbors who claim they often heard someone screaming at the Laundrie home when Brian and Gabby were living there and she had no answer for them.
-Cassie said that when she saw Brian on the 1st, it was a surprise. Her parents were supposed to come and visit the kids and they hadn't told her Brian was with them, he just showed up.
-Cassie said she didn't know if Brian killed Gabby. Then went on to say silence didn't equal guilt, that she was silent because the FBI had told her not to talk.

bbm So that explains why she didn't know he had Gabby's van when he came to her house on the 1st. The parents drove him. And he didn't come directly to her first, either.

Cassie said:
- parents' lawyer threw her under the bus, she's livid, not talking to her parents
- she doesn't know if her parents are involved
- she doesn't know if Brian killed Gabby
- she saw Brian on his trip home during the dates of Aug 17-23 (didn't confirm the dates, but confirmed he came back previously)
- said she was previously involved with a bad relationship like that... then corrected herself to say I mean, what's being said about it
- saw Brian at the campground Sept 6, from 2pm-8pm, nothing came up because her kids were there
- saw Brian Sept 1, he arrived with his parents who had previously arranged to see Cassie's kids. She's mad about this, BL did not show up on his own, his parents brought him & she had no idea he was in town, & their lawyer left that part out (that the parents brought him)

Thank you! I can't get News Nation in the UK. Hoping they upload the clip to their YouTube.

2.30am here I am heading to bed. Catch you all tomorrow guys :)

Also, she sort of deflected about the 1st September meeting. Sure it wasn't a planned visit and the parents and Brian sprang that on her. But didn't she wonder where Gabby was? Didn't she ask, hey where's Gabby? What did they tell her about Gabby's whereabouts? Is that when Brian gave her the postcards from Gabby?

There's an oddness there in terms of what happened 1st Sept.

Too bad the protestors didn't follow up on that.

It could be part of what the FBI has asked her not to speak of. JMO

Can’t watch rn so this is with almost no context BUT ummm… not close? Seems odd GP would send all those post cards then, no? Didn’t CL say BL was a “great uncle” before? Weird.
Maybe she was closer to Gabby than she was with Brian. She FaceTimed with her when she was alone at the hotel. Did she say she spoke to Brian during that time?

Early on I thought it would be BL's parents doing the right thing because of Cassie and her kids. That they wouldn't want to sacrifice the remaining child they have to help BL. But apparently not.

I also thought about how this would affect Cassie and her children. I mean if they (BL parents) have helped him and are charged, they are potentially giving up having their daughter and grandchildren in their lives.

So many victims...

IMO

JMO but she probably feels burned by giving the first interview, which was edited, and then follow-up MSM articles about her "inconsistencies" based on the edited interview.
She wanted them to go away. She had her kids in the house and she and her husband knew this would not end unless they faced it. BE mentioned this but I'll put MOO only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member