Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
School started in Sarasota County on August 10th. They may have taken the kids to Disney on a weekend or there may have been a school holiday.
That's right. Weren't the Jewish holidays that week? Our districts are always off for the holidays. Not sure about Florida.

Last edited:
They don't start school until the 10th? She said they didn't stay be kids "had school the next day." The 7th.

I am not sure what grade they are in, but a lot of times there are 'orientation' days a few days before school begins. So 'new' or incoming students can go early and get oriented to the campus and their schedules, etc.

Sounded like the husband was about to say BL never took that Fla trip then Cassie said he did, she did not know when he came back or went back but she saw BL and had no idea about Moab. He didn't tell her and she had even face timed Gabby with the kids during that time. This whole case is a real mystery.

did she say she FaceTimed with gabby during that FL trip? I thought she said on the fifth”?

I dislike him intensely. He most certainly threw her under the bus. Jmo
yes, he did. BUT... he was most likely the one who told BL and parents not to speak to her - in essence protecting her. MOO We may never know. It's just MOO bc I don't think the parents would have the knowledge that telling her anything not only exposes her but destroys privilege. MOO

Transcript of Joe Petito’s comments in his 28.46 min. interview with Dr Phil.

It’s not even his van. I mean I could say a lot of things that aren‘t appropriate for TV. … Like I said before, I’m a protective dad, you know, and I’ve got a lot of questions. … First of all you [BL] came home without her and you had the van 10 days in your driveway. So now I’ve got:

What happened with the van? Did you clean it? Did your parents help you clean it?

Did they help cover up a crime, you know, after the fact? ...

You stole a car over, over – across how many states? You know, can you be arrested for that?

I’m a good person. We’ve got a problem and we’ve got to handle it quick and whatever the problem is, whatever the scenario is – you know, I teach my son, my younger son and Gabby to stand up for your mistakes. If you do something wrong, you apologize and you take what’s coming, because that’s what decent people do. Obviously they skipped that role in parenting.

The problem with that is, that van was Gabby’s. So he could leave that van right there. I’m jumping on a plane. Tell me where she’s at. I’ll be there in a few hours. If I’ve got to get a private plane, I will do that right this second. I don’t care what it takes. So he better walk his little behind over to somewhere else and figure out how he’s gonna get home to his parents, ‘cause that van is in her name, not the other way around.

He’s sitting there behind his mom like he’s four-years-old."

What a terrible position it must be for her, to have to come to terms with that her brother probably did this and her parents are probably involved somehow in the coverup and she’s been hung out to dry and left behind with no end in sight. It makes me very sad, aside from any speculation about her involvement (which IMO I do not participate in or agree with), that she is being cut out and cut off and allowed to be scapegoated throughout this. Just really sad.

Of course she’s defensive. Because of the fingers pointed at her, and because she’s struggling with whether she can trust her knowledge of her family or what she knew them to be, now that everything has changed for her, too. She’s trying to protect what her previous life was and come to terms with that it’ll never be the same. All while likely knowing nothing of substance.

Can’t watch rn so this is with almost no context BUT ummm… not close? Seems odd GP would send all those post cards then, no? Didn’t CL say BL was a “great uncle” before? Weird.
Keep checking Brian Entin's Twitter he usually posts his segments - eventually.

Maybe, but if so, I doubt she saw it or listened. I just think she's not lying about that and that the explanation, whatever it is, is simple. Also @SandSage posted above that Gabby's dad apologized profusely for "that" on Dr. Phil. I haven't watched Dr. Phil, but maybe she can confirm that's what she heard. Sounds like Sandsage was saying that her Dad apologized for saying he had called Cassie when he didn't.
I saved the video to start where JP apologizes to CL.

Edit: It didn't post that way, so start at 23:22

Keep checking Brian Entin's Twitter he usually posts his segments - eventually.

I posted the links to the vids on his twitter in this thread as well just in case.

Not sure if it warrants being put in the media/no discussion thread, not sure how to go about that but I know @oviedo is great at updating it.

For those who say protesting is a waste of time: take note. It is because Cassie and her husband wanted the protestors off their lawn they broke their silence and came outside to tell their story.

Score one for the protestors. Power of the people.

MOO.

Fantastic summary, thank you SO much!
Boy, you gotta wonder when he actually left Wyoming. It's a 35 hour drive and on Sep 1 he's already going to visit sister with parents. You think he would have been too tired from the trip and needed some sleep..
He could have slept several times on the trip home. He had over 60 hours if he left by the end of the 29th. Even if he left on the 30th, he still had a lot of extra hours up his sleeve to rest on the way. 29th, 30th, 31st, 1st.

The FBI seems to have a sighting of him getting gas in Benton, Illinois on the 31st? That can probably help them figure out his most likely time of departure from Grand Teton National Park.
Thanks that helps. Just one thing brings a question from your statement. Seen in Illinois on the 31st and already in Fl visiting sister on the 1st. Just a note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member