Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

MEDIA, MAPS thread *NO DISCUSSION*

TIMELINE thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Case Players and Initials Reference List

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52

Last edited by a moderator:
Wfla Live Stream
Brian's Instagram:
Login • Instagram

Where we are at this time:
-A FEDERAL ARREST WARRANT HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR BRIAN RELATED TO DEBIT/CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS FOLLOWING THE DEATH OF GABBY.

-Dog the Bounty Hunter has joined the search
-Deer Cam individual has been identified and IS NOT BRIAN
-Brian Laundrie is officially named a POI by Law Enforcement
-Awareness foundation is approved for discussion
-Authorities have the van

-FBI has searched the Laundrie home
-Authorities are searching for BL who is now considered a missing person: current known search is at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park / Carlton Reserve
-BL’s parents shared with LE they have not seen BL since Tuesday

-Mustang has been towed and returned
-Autopsy determines homicide

———————————————
Mod Note:
Please Read and Acknowledge

-Gabby’s case is not connected to the double homicide - DO NOT BRING IT BACK INTO THE Thread
-DO NOT BRING IN COVID / COVID SHOTS
-DO NOT BRING IN MENTAL HEALTH

-Do not start or encourage conspiracy theories
-Speculation or suggestions of a hoax or drug use is not permitted
-Include links to sources
-Do not link to unapproved social media
-post to engage in dialogue, not to bicker or argue with fellow posters
-No sleuthing BL’s parents/sister or other family members
-WS is Law Enforcement friendly - it OK to have an opinion on the status of events but do not openly bash LE on WS
-Find Gabby FB page is not approved
-NickTheHat Twitter IS NOT AN APPROVED JOURNALISM Source

Violations of the bullets above will result in an immediate time out. If you have a question or a concern, please use the report link at the bottom of any post rather than stating your concern in thread.

Complete list of rules can be found here: RULES

Thank you for helping us keep this thread open and running smoothly by following the rules and guidelines above. We don’t like closing threads any more than you like experiencing a thread closure.

Thanks for being amazing and valued WS members!!

Best to All,
Tiff

=====

APPROVED Social Media
Dash Cam Video from Red White & Bethune
Enhanced Van Video

Miranda Baker - Alleged to pick BL up Hitchhiking
Van Witness Video #2

Mod Note:

We are starting to lose focus that this thread is about Gabby and the current search for Brian.

Mental Health: Only bring it into the discussion if it is a statement in media or LE reports. Do not expand beyond what has been provided to us regarding Gabby and/or Brian and mental Health.

Domestic Violence: Many posters here have stories. In our own personal ways, we all have stories. The challenge we have in these threads is the separation of our personal stories and the focus of the thread.

This thread is about Gabby's story.

As mods, we have hearts, we care about each of you, and it is hard to delete a post on thread that may include your personal story. However, we have to remind ourselves this is about Gabby's story. Please keep her the focus of the thread.

ADMIN NOTE:

Discussing info that is in MSM about the parents is allowed. Sleuthing out information related to them, just because it is publicly available is not allowed.

If you don't understand the difference, private message a Mod or Admin and we will help clarify.

Very likely they can do more than one thing in a day.

Police take the van ... later they leave in the truck with the camper, for example.

Or they leave in the truck with the camper, and the police impound the van later anyway by putting it on a transporter, or by towing it with the front wheels raised.
Possible but when did the reporters arrive on the scene? We really don't know what was happening at the house on the 12th, or, later on the 11th and now they say that BL left on the 13th.... maybe they hustled him off after the van was removed???? jmo

Next thing that bothers me. Where are GP belongings? The possessions she had in that storage locker, along with her belongs from the trip. What happened to th he drone that they had with them. That drone alone would have some great evidence on it as it gives date and time stamps. Maybe that drone is what they are searching for at the reserve. Just MOO!
Dang, I never thought about the drone!!

I'm a bit late to the threads today...does anyone have links to documented evidence that a BL actually flew home? I see the reports but no record? Could this just be another story to justify BLs whereabouts during a timeframe and is there actual proof (video or anything) that he really went home?

I realize that but I just don't see him hanging out in the yard or neighborhood after LE knocked on his door the night before. Just seems odd to me. Unless they took the camper back with him on the 11th and they were not present when the van was seized? I'd have to look back to see if anyone has footage. I don't think media was there yet though. They didn't know yet. MOO IMO.

Well, all we can go by is the MSM links (as provided).

The van was impounded on the 11th, a missing persons report for Gabby was filed on the 11th, a neighbour reportedly saw BL leave with his parents in the truck with the camper on the 11th.

What we don't know is the time of day of these different events.

And the 12th 14th BL was named a POI in the case. (EBM)

Last edited:
It is really starting to bother me that this guy keeps attempting to try this case through "text."

“Brian flew home to Tampa from SLC on 08/17 and returned to SLC on 08/23 to rejoin Gabby. To my knowledge Brian and Gabby paid for the flights as they were sharing expenses. Brian flew home to obtain some items and empty and close the storage unit to save money as they contemplated extending the road trip.”

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1445432575091253248

Dude, it cost more money for him to fly home than it did to continue rental on a storage "locker" (per Cassie live last night) for the months of September and October. I'm not buying what he's selling. MOO. IMO.

well, the talk seemed to have worked. The mob is backing off of CL and family even though CL gave out no relevant info that wasn’t already out there.
Yeah. I think the main reason ppl started jumping all over her is because they believe she lied because of that statement the attorney put out. Once she clarified that, they got off her back. JMO. However, I do feel like her coming out & addressing the protesters - no attorney & still doesn’t have one - says a lot in my opinion. I truly don’t believe if she had something to hide - something that could cause her to lose her kids - she wouldn’t have done that. That’s JMO.

It's possible he did not go home. Either way, I think he had an issue to handle during that time and he was away from Gabby. I think the issue he was attending to during that time is the key in this mystery and could be the reason for Gabby's death.

I'm a bit late to the threads today...does anyone have links to documented evidence that a BL actually flew home? I see the reports but no record? Could this just be another story to justify BLs whereabouts during a timeframe and is there actual proof (video or anything) that he really went home?

Just off the cuff thought where the POI BL could be.

OUTDOORSMAN? Nope, he doesn't have the skills to live off the land. It takes a lot of work and instinct to be a survivalist and I don't believe BL has it in him.

I think he's still in FLA, he probably has built a makeshift treehouse on one of those islands DOG is over there tracking.

I think he's using a little solar box to charge his phone. Initially someone by water (boat) was probably dropping off supplies until those little islands started being canvassed.

This is the simplest escape plan I could think of, as once GP Parents started calling the Laundries went into panic mode. All JMHO!

*btw I want to say Aloha to those I see here from the Lil Haleigh Cummings case. May she RIP.

Which Laundrie will BLINK first?

Last edited:
Cassie gave us photos.... (NM, the photos are from 9/6.) Cassie confirmed he flew home anyway.

These are screenshots from a video on the media thread. Based on the ticker, this is 6am on 9/13. No Mustang. Exactly when did SB talk to BL?
Wow. Day before BE! Looks like it was gone at least since Sunday or early Monday a.m. at most. Meaning (to me, MOO) he was gone before then. MOO. UNLESS it returned Monday and was gone again Tuesday. Does anyone know what date the Carlton Reserve ticket/note was written up on the Mustang?

Sorry if someone already responded. Last night, Cassie Laundrie (BL’s sister) spoke to the protestors outside her home and confirmed Brian flew home the 17th and couldn’t remember the date he flew back to UT. Today, Steven Bertolino, Brian’s lawyer, confirmed via text with a reporter that Brian flew home 8/17-8/23 to clean out a storage locker. You can search the threads, the links are in #52!

This is a separate trip from him driving home in the van on 9/1 without Gabby.

ETA: No, we don’t have photos from that visit, but the lawyer did confirm. The FBI probably have the flight manifests. However, we are going off the word of Cassie and the lawyer.

Additionally, GP’s uncle originally (like way back on maybe the 13th or so of Sep) had a written timeline in which he also stated Brian was in FL 8/17-8/23 so it matches up even with that separate account.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member