Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
The note was reportedly found on Wed, the 15th but this article is from Sep 19.

Body matching description of Gabby Petito found in Grand Teton
Laundrie left the family home on Tuesday morning with a backpack. Bertolino said that the family went out to the reserve on Wednesday to look for him and spotted a note from the North Port Police Department on the car saying it needed to be removed.
I wonder when it was dated. I am sure FBI has all this info. There's so much we don't know that they do. MOO

Wow! I am done with Cassie. And Bortolino sure likes throwing her under the bus.

https://twitter.com/JossieCarbonare/status/1445442775156240384?s=20

UPDATE: To be clear about this earlier post - according to #BrianLaundrie’s family attorney, Roberta and Chris Laundrie (Brian’s parents) have been speaking with #CassieLaundrie but “they are just not discussing this case”.

Well now... Either Cassie hasn't been entirely truthful or the lawyer and parents aren't just throwing her under the bus, they've dug an entire tunnel just for her. And it's certainly possible that it's both, simultaneously.

MOO.

I am still on the fence about CL. I just don't know yet about her. I do get she may not know anything, but again look at her parents and their actions.

I have mixed emotions about CL, because there have been some discrepancies in her stories. However, I give her credit for coming out to speak up and try to rectify those.

Whether she knows more or knows nothing, though, IMO she shouldn't be judged on her parents' actions. She's a married mother who doesn't live with her parents and she's the only Laundrie to speak well of Gabby.

If she's lying it will come out, and if she's telling the truth, my heart goes out to her husband and kids as well. They didn't ask for any of this. JMO.

I wonder when it was dated. I am sure FBI has all this info. There's so much we don't know that they do. MOO
The note was reportedly found on Wed, the 15th but this article is from Sep 19.

Body matching description of Gabby Petito found in Grand Teton
Laundrie left the family home on Tuesday morning with a backpack. Bertolino said that the family went out to the reserve on Wednesday to look for him and spotted a note from the North Port Police Department on the car saying it needed to be removed.
@PommyMommy @Jurisprudence there is actually a redacted police report that has the date of the ticketed mustang as 9/14. Let me try to find it in the threads

ETA:

Gabby Petito case: North Port redacts records on Petito, Laundrie family

One redacted report — incident No. 21-053269, at 2:42 p.m. dated Sept. 14 — is filed as an abandoned vehicle report at the address of 6968 Reisterstown Road, in North Port, where the Mustang was left.

Last edited:
What picture are you guys talking about? The one with BL and the kids or different?

Also, how does one quote a post from a previous thread?

The alleged picture of the guy in Peachtree City Georgia

After getting locked out so many times I'll copy my response before I enter reply so if I'm locked out I can put it in the next thread, pretty sure you back rack through your post history but who has time for that...

@PommyMommy @Jurisprudence there is actually a redacted police report that has the date of the ticketed mustang as 9/14. Let me try to find it in the threads
Here that is @PommyMommy @Jurisprudence

Gabby Petito case: North Port redacts records on Petito, Laundrie family

One redacted report — incident No. 21-053269, at 2:42 p.m. dated Sept. 14 — is filed as an abandoned vehicle report at the address of 6968 Reisterstown Road, in North Port, where the Mustang was left.

But the only reports we have seen was ending on Halloween, no? MOO And, after Moab, I can't see him running home for 7 days to save a couple hundred bucks at most. MOO. And, did you price that out with 2 week or more advance ticketing price discount and as R/T? Because I am sure the FBI has the records and I would bet they don't show an advanced reservation. JMO. I'm not buying it. He needs you on the jury not me, lolol! MOO
Edit: Oh, and let's add the Hotel costs. Um, no. Doesn't work for me. MOO, he's been attempting to try this case to the public with no one rebutting him and no rules of evidence. He's working on jury management. Makes me wonder if he knows BL is alive. MOO.
I've been having the same thoughts! Dead men don't need trials.

But also, separately, to offer a counter-thought. SB has been caveating a lot of his statements lately, i.e. with phrases like "to the best of my knowledge..."

Not sure what kind of legal strategy involves putting out statements you aren't 100% sure about. I wondered, IMO, whether he might be doing this to distance himself from the parents, who he may be finding are not truthful (considering the parents' misreporting of the date Brian left, SB's misreporting of the date the Mustang was back in the driveway as refuted by MSM video, incorrect date during which the phone from AT&T was obtained, so on).

The whole flying home (spending money on an airline ticket) tale just doesn't add up at all. I'm not sure what good it does for an alibi but something is way off about that reported trip.
I agree. I think, don't know that the most plausible explanations are a) he threatened to abandon her again and did, but returned; or b) he (or his parents if they knew what happened in Moab on the 12th) forced a return "cooling off' period. these are the only 2 scenarios that come to mind that could made sense, neither of which is good for him. MOO

Right, Daddy Petito asks for a welfare check. They do the check and laundries say she isn't here. LE reports back to Dad and says she's not there, but the van is. And daddy says, well take the dang van, it isn't theirs. So LE goes back to take the van.
Are you saying there was no warrant executed? he gave them permission to seize? MOO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

There's a middle ground here, a rational place where we can view their actions as appalling, but one in which we recognize that a crime has yet to be proven.

Should they have reported Gabby missing when she didn't return home with Brian?

Should they have returned phone calls and texts from a frantic family, people panicking about the whereabouts of their daughter?

Should they have fully cooperated, and told law enforcement everything they know?

Should they have reported Brian missing in a timely fashion?

Should they have given accurate information as to when they last saw Brian?

They did none of these things, and there is a very natural set of questions that arise when you look at this pattern of behavior.

Are they hiding something? If so, what are they hiding?

Personally, I'm convinced something is up here. Is it criminal? Maybe not.

But what they did to Gabby's family is grotesque.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. I think, don't know that the most plausible explanations are a) he threatened to abandon her again and did, but returned; or b) he (or his parents if they knew what happened in Moab on the 12th) forced a return "cooling off' period. these are the only 2 scenarios that come to mind that could made sense, neither of which is good for him. MOO
I agree. IMO, cleaning out a shared storage unit IS an acceptable behavior for either of the scenarios as you've described. The only difference is the motivation -- instead of clearing them out to save money, they're clearing them out because they broke up and need to each claim their respective property.

But the only reports we have seen was ending on Halloween, no? MOO And, after Moab, I can't see him running home for 7 days to save a couple hundred bucks at most. MOO. And, did you price that out with 2 week or more advance ticketing price discount and as R/T? Because I am sure the FBI has the records and I would bet they don't show an advanced reservation. JMO. I'm not buying it. He needs you on the jury not me, lolol! MOO
Edit: Oh, and let's add the Hotel costs. Um, no. Doesn't work for me. MOO, he's been attempting to try this case to the public with no one rebutting him and no rules of evidence. He's working on jury management. Makes me wonder if he knows BL is alive. MOO.

I'm sure he would want nearly anyone over you :), but while I think he is guilty I am not completely convinced of it, beyond a shadow of a doubt, by the evidence we have seen. Sure, it all looks suspicious and it will probably get him convicted even if their evidence tying him to the murder scene is sketchy. But my discussion of why he would fly home to clear out a storage building has nothing to do with the actual case. Its about what vanlife actually is. I think the long trip to Portland was to test out if it was something they really wanted to do. And, despite the opinion of so many on here that the trip was a hellish nightmare for GP, I believe they may have been having a grand old time up to that point and had decided to make the trip into a real Vanlife adventure where they lived that way year round. But then, for whatever reason, it really spiraled into the hellish nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood