AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LE doesn't publicly clear people that often anymore because, if they do that, it could tip off whatever they're really working on... But, obviously, this is only a guess ..

I am not looking for any of kind of announcement from LE unless they 1. Find Summer, 2. Solve the case (and whatever that will entail). Since idk what happened to Summer, idk how any of this will play out...

October 15 will be four months since Summer disappeared. I think it's fair to assume that LE has the cell phone and GPS data now. It would be really great if we could get a brief update, but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.
It is likely LE and TBI have the cell phone data, but unlikely they are willing to tell us they have it. KWIM?

Father of Summer Wells says he does not want reward fund to expire in exclusive interview | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
The father of missing Hawkins County 5-year-old Summer Wells told News Channel 11 in a one-on-one interview that he is not pleased with the expiration date set on the reward fund to find his daughter.

Thank you for posting this article.

Don & Candus still get my sympathy today. I don’t believe they harmed or caused the disappearance of their daughter. They have taken punches from social media that I can’t even fathom. I wish for them to hang in there, listen and continue to cooperate with LE. IMO

Hey Everyone,
The forum will be taken offline tonight to install the new, more powerful server.
Websleuths will go down at 10 PM Eastern tonight. Well, also at 10 PM Eastern tonight we have Websleuths YouTube LIVE.
This is the YouTube live stream we do Monday - Thursday at 10 PM Eastern.
Join us as we all wait for Websleuths.com to come back online new and improved.
We'll be inviting people to join us on a panel discussion about whatever you want to talk about.
If you want to join the live chat or our panel you do need a YouTube account. It costs nothing and you don't need to put any type of video on your account. Easy to sign up and then you can join us in the chat room or be on our panel. You can also just watch without a YouTube account.
Click on the thumbnail and joins us at 10 PM Eastern tonight.

It seems like we may have lost some posts in the site update (?) so I'd like to make note again that if the red/maroon truck might have been modified from its' original description- then so might have Summer's appearance. DW and CW have repeatedly stated that they believe Summer was abducted. There has been no mention from LE of foul play, a crime scene, evidence of injury, etc that might indicate Summer met with a devastating outcome when she first disappeared. If she was abducted for whatever purpose, it is entirely possible her appearance is now different than it was on June 15th...as well as very different than it was when the picture used in the Amber Alert was taken.

It concerns me that the issue of the truck having been altered is brought up, but not the issue of Summer and her appearance and growth.

It seems like we may have lost some posts in the site update (?) so I'd like to make note again that if the red/maroon truck might have been modified from its' original description- then so might have Summer's appearance. DW and CW have repeatedly stated that they believe Summer was abducted. There has been no mention from LE of foul play, a crime scene, evidence of injury, etc that might indicate Summer met with a devastating outcome when she first disappeared. If she was abducted for whatever purpose, it is entirely possible her appearance is now different than it was on June 15th...as well as very different than it was when the picture used in the Amber Alert was taken.

It concerns me that the issue of the truck having been altered is brought up, but not the issue of Summer and her appearance and growth.

I could never understand why they selected outdated pictures for the poster. It is true that with natural growth and hair changes her appearance could be very different now. That would be true of any child who has been missing for a period of time. Maybe there should be a poster showing how she would look with different hair lengths / colors. I think that with Summer the distinguishing feature would be her teeth.

I could never understand why they selected outdated pictures for the poster. It is true that with natural growth and hair changes her appearance could be very different now. That would be true of any child who has been missing for a period of time. Maybe there should be a poster showing how she would look with different hair lengths / colors. I think that with Summer the distinguishing feature would be her teeth.

I think that was why they chose some of those photos--they do present a variety of appearances and show how very different she can look.

I think that was why they chose some of those photos--they do present a variety of appearances and show how very different she can look.
I agree. I suppose I just wish that DW and CW, as well as LE, would push the possibility of appearance changes for Summer. Children change a great deal naturally, especially at certain ages (as Unalienable pointed out...features such as teeth) and to add to that- possible alterations made by an abductor in effort to conceal.
When there has been no evidence of a violent crime at the LS location, and parents are convinced it is an abduction...why do we assume this child is deceased, gone for good? No ransom note, no useful tips, no sign of Summer anywhere on the property or in search areas, but conviction on the part of parents that their child was abducted.
Perhaps she WAS abducted and is still alive? Shouldn't we be looking for all sorts of 'versions' of a 5 year old? Maybe unusual behaviors in children or the adults surrounding them, as well as physical appearance?
I don't understand why these types of indicators have not been pushed for Summer.
Thoughts, anyone?

I agree. I suppose I just wish that DW and CW, as well as LE, would push the possibility of appearance changes for Summer. Children change a great deal naturally, especially at certain ages (as Unalienable pointed out...features such as teeth) and to add to that- possible alterations made by an abductor in effort to conceal.
When there has been no evidence of a violent crime at the LS location, and parents are convinced it is an abduction...why do we assume this child is deceased, gone for good? No ransom note, no useful tips, no sign of Summer anywhere on the property or in search areas, but conviction on the part of parents that their child was abducted.
Perhaps she WAS abducted and is still alive? Shouldn't we be looking for all sorts of 'versions' of a 5 year old? Maybe unusual behaviors in children or the adults surrounding them, as well as physical appearance?
I don't understand why these types of indicators have not been pushed for Summer.
Thoughts, anyone?

Good questions.

As to why the parents haven't pushed such indicators, they have (or at least the father has) expressed quite a bit of fatalism with regard to the outcome. This could be something unique to their worldview, could be religious in nature, could just be their general view on things based on how things have gone for them in life so far. So it could be that they, while believing abduction occurred, also cannot imagine a scenario in which she is still alive. So they don't think to push these things. Treading lightly here.

As for why LE doesn't, I would have to venture that they haven't because they've uncovered nothing in their investigation that points to an abduction. So if they are leaning in a different way, there is no point issuing these types of directives of things that the public should look out for if it doesn't fit LE's true working theory of the situation - the one that is hidden from the public while they do what they need to do in order to uncover the truth.

Good questions.

As to why the parents haven't pushed such indicators, they have (or at least the father has) expressed quite a bit of fatalism with regard to the outcome. This could be something unique to their worldview, could be religious in nature, could just be their general view on things based on how things have gone for them in life so far. So it could be that they, while believing abduction occurred, also cannot imagine a scenario in which she is still alive. So they don't think to push these things. Treading lightly here.

As for why LE doesn't, I would have to venture that they haven't because they've uncovered nothing in their investigation that points to an abduction. So if they are leaning in a different way, there is no point issuing these types of directives of things that the public should look out for if it doesn't fit LE's true working theory of the situation - the one that is hidden from the public while they do what they need to do in order to uncover the truth.
Thank you for so eloquently and respectfully expressing exactly what I believe to be the situation here. There are so many people and organizations that read here...I am hoping someone will take these scenario(s) into consideration when it comes to either:
-being proactive in searching for Summer, and/or
-being proactive in considering the personal and societal ramifications of taking this approach to Summers' case

Hope that makes sense!

Thank you for posting this article.

Don & Candus still get my sympathy today. I don’t believe they harmed or caused the disappearance of their daughter. They have taken punches from social media that I can’t even fathom. I wish for them to hang in there, listen and continue to cooperate with LE. IMO

They've certainly been through the ringer! Some of it their own fault and some of it due to the craziness of social media. It's been sad to watch. I hope they are able to work out their problems. I hope the boys are okay. I hope Summer is found. I started out thinking she was lost in that woods. Then went back and forth on family involvement and abduction. Ultimately I have returned to where I started. I believe she is in that woods. IMO.

I had held out hope that Summer was lost in the woods. Even if the search operation had missed her and she was close to home, there would have been other indicators that should have been obvious to the woods savvy folks in the area. Most notably the activity of carrion eaters buzzards, skunks, possums, etc. as well as a thick fog of fly activity and the scent of decomposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288