Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess so, but you’d think there’d be some trace. Maybe not.

If this is true, he’ll never be found, and there won’t be any closure, much less a trial.

Clothing from him or something, agreed. Maybe this exists and we just don’t know about it? Only guesses….

The flight back to Florida for a week would have made a lot more sense if they both flew back. Why would a man, who many here believe to be extremely possessive, leave his hot girlfriend (sort of fiancee) all alone in a hotel room for a week? His lawyer said he was there to empty the storage and pick up some things, It would be much cheaper to pick up a few things at Wal-mart than fly to Florida.

I wonder what GP really told her parents about this event. Apparently she presented it in a way that neither parent felt the need to catch the next flight out to help her.
What I also don’t understand—aside from the cost of the trip back to the storage unit, which makes no sense… “to save money”—whatever he had to pick up…he took that back on the plane with him, right? Couldn’t someone have mailed that stuff to him at a UPS store in the mountain west area? And why couldn’t his family just help out and move the stuff out of the unit. We can what if this all day long, but something doesn’t add up.

I keep getting stuck too on the idea that ‘something happened’ in Wyoming and Cassie said we all don’t need to know what the FBI knows. Plus the non release of the remains. This must be something relatively substantial. I think we can all read between the lines and come up with more what if’s, but… how sad and unnecessary. So much self-imposed drama in the world.

I guess so, but you’d think there’d be some trace. Maybe not.

If this is true, he’ll never be found, and there won’t be any closure, much less a trial.
2 recent, similar cases:
missing daughter, nonchalant parents, conflicting stories, ready to move on.

"missing son", nonchalant parents, conflicting stories, seemingly ready to move on even after son appears in driveway having misplaced his fiance, but not her van.

IMO there's a reason why parents of "missing" children are nonchalant about the disappearance.

I don't think he's dead, but it's fun to follow the dots, just how many days DID they wait to declare him "missing"? 3? 4? And that dang galloping mustang, if only mustangs could talk. OMG

Definition of NONCHALANT
"What does it mean when someone is 'nonchalant'?
Someone who is nonchalant is relaxed and calm, either because they do not care about something or because they are not worried about something."

Last edited:
I wouldn’t put it past him to commit suicide where he can’t be found. It would be like lighting a fire while knowing you are leaving a trail of destruction behind. Look at the circus going on now and all of the attention and money that has been spent looking for him. It’s the ultimate “FU”

eta- Suicide can be a narcissistic choice.

His family’s behavior has been strange, though.
If they know he’s dead, say it. Otherwise they must think he’s safe somewhere if they aren’t actively participating in the search/ begging for help.

(MOO)

Now that it has been confirmed by Cassie that BL was in Florida while Gabby stayed in SLC, is there validity to the convenience store clerk statement that Gabby was with a man in her store? It could not have been BL if he was actually in Florida.

It would be interesting to know who that was if it is true.

I'm not familiar with this sighting, very interesting. Would you have a link I can read ?

Thanks

He could have been eaten by alligators.

I apologise if this has been asked before in previous threads.

Would a gator eat EVERYTHING? Would it all be digested? I'm talking bones, clothes, anything else you may be carrying ( your phone? ) - surely something would be left behind?

I really do not believe that he went to the reserve & even thought the attorney is now stating he was last seen on the 13th, I feel he left earlier than this.

His parents do not come across as people who are concerned for their son ( or anyone else for that matter! ) Maybe because they know he is holed up somewhere safe. Maybe they really do not care. I think I posted yesterday & post was lost with server upgrade. I can see either one or both of the parents having narcissistic tenancies, with CL being the family scapegoat & BL the golden child... and the apple really didn't fall far from the tree with him! JMO MOO

A woman, known only as Jen, said witnesses spotted Laundrie running from his home in North Port, Florida.
In the clip uploaded to Twitter, she speculated that he may have run through the nearby woods.
Jen claimed that another neighbor recorded the alleged moment on CCTV.
When asked if she thought Laundrie was in the North Port area on the day that he was reported missing, Jen said: "Yes, definitely. He was here."
Perhaps he is still there somewhere?
And his parents still help/support him?
Do you think the police left eavesdropping devices in the house?

Now that it has been confirmed by Cassie that BL was in Florida while Gabby stayed in SLC, is there validity to the convenience store clerk statement that Gabby was with a man in her store? It could not have been BL if he was actually in Florida.
Couldn't it be BL, when he came back and they bought stuff for the continuation of their journey? Perhaps the clerk mixed up the dates? 21st vs 23rd?

Last edited:
Two Men and a Truck would’ve moved stuff from the storage unit for a couple hundred bucks. I wonder if BL picked up some kind of weapon from the unit. And why would their family attorney fly to Florida during this time? That had to cost them, too. And who even retains a family attorney? Past criminal activity? You can do a will over the phone. Just sayin’.
The only thing that makes sense of any of this to me is that BL had a legal action that required his presence at a certain day or time.
Maybe an attorney knows…. If BL had a court deal that a criminal record would be expunged, would a court event still be on the docket (in which case his court activity wouldn’t have entirely disappeared from the record)?
I’m asking if “expunged” means you don’t have any record at all of someone being in the court system?
This would presumably mean there would be no court record for media to find.
What if it was juvenile court action from when BL was a teen?
CL starts to blurt out what the trip back home was for, but says the FBI has that info, and it’s not necessary to go into it. Seems to me, if it were about moving stuff, there would be no problem saying so in just a few words. That would be a very innocent explanation. BL seems to have had some kind of “problem” before?

I wonder if he ever feels like his assignment on location there has grown pointless. "Dad went out to the trash can, nothing else".

I'm a former journalist. There's absolutely no reason for him or any other members of the media to be there anymore. Nothing is going to happen at the house. The real news is happening elsewhere with the search. And there isn't anything newsworthy on that front at the moment.

Read about Steven P. Bertolino here

Note that in his fields of expertise real estate is first and criminal law is last. Says much IMO.

The Laundries may have used him for real estate when they flipped houses. idk
They may have needed him for a prior court action for something BL was involved in?

I apologise if this has been asked before in previous threads.

Would a gator eat EVERYTHING? Would it all be digested? I'm talking bones, clothes, anything else you may be carrying ( your phone? ) - surely something would be left behind?

I really do not believe that he went to the reserve & even thought the attorney is now stating he was last seen on the 13th, I feel he left earlier than this.

His parents do not come across as people who are concerned for their son ( or anyone else for that matter! ) Maybe because they know he is holed up somewhere safe. Maybe they really do not care. I think I posted yesterday & post was lost with server upgrade. I can see either one or both of the parents having narcissistic tenancies, with CL being the family scapegoat & BL the golden child... and the apple really didn't fall far from the tree with him! JMO MOO
His parents claimed he had a backpack. I don't think 'gators eat those..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member