Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t put it past him to commit suicide where he can’t be found. It would be like lighting a fire while knowing you are leaving a trail of destruction behind. Look at the circus going on now and all of the attention and money that has been spent looking for him. It’s the ultimate “FU”

eta- Suicide can be a narcissistic choice.

His family’s behavior has been strange, though.
If they know he’s dead, say it. Otherwise they must think he’s safe somewhere if they aren’t actively participating in the search/ begging for help.

(MOO)
To me he loves watching the attention he is getting and the money and resources they are using. I think if he ended it he wouldn’t get to sit back and watch that.

I'm a former journalist. There's absolutely no reason for him or any other members of the media to be there anymore. Nothing is going to happen at the house. The real news is happening elsewhere with the search. And there isn't anything newsworthy on that front at the moment.
There's a mustang sitting there and BL has a key, allegedly.

What I also don’t understand—aside from the cost of the trip back to the storage unit, which makes no sense… “to save money”—whatever he had to pick up…he took that back on the plane with him, right? Couldn’t someone have mailed that stuff to him at a UPS store in the mountain west area? And why couldn’t his family just help out and move the stuff out of the unit. We can what if this all day long, but something doesn’t add up.

I agree. This what keeps making me wonder if they got involved with the wrong people. It's like there was something in that storage unit that they needed, yet couldn't trust anyone else to collect and send to them.

MOO I agree that all of that could be possible. I agree that the idea of flying home is not at all odd and/or nefarious. I follow a few vanlife channels and a boatlife channel and have seen some of those people fly home in the middle of their adventures.

I had another thought last night about the Moab murders. Until last night I had been thinking about it only in what the connection between the two could have been, if any, but the thought occurred to me that neither of them might have heard about it until after BL had flown home. Being a male, he might have just shrugged it off as not relevant to them, but women don't shrug off stuff like that. She might have begun thinking about ending the trip out of fear of a serial killer on the loose. 2 men had also gone missing in that area in the last month or two.

So here comes back Brian, all fired up to continue the vanlife after spending all that money to clear up stuff back at home so they can go another year, but GP is having second thoughts. They start fighting more, and the more they fight the more she may want to quit. Until ... And then he thinks, I'll fix it so I wasn't even here when the "serial killer" got her. Or, alternately, in some unlikely coincidence, it actually happened that way.
I agree that the murder likely began with an argument. If Gabby was having second thoughts I believe it’s because she was terrified of being abandoned by him driving off in the van alone. I think he’s threatened her before. When long term couples argue there’s a point when they go for the jugular. They know one another’s past, dreams and fears. They know what is going to turn around an argument in the others favor. They know what is really gonna hurt the other to return the pain they themselves feel. Defense/Offense. Offense/Defense. Rinse. Repeat. What is Gabby’s biggest fear? Abandonment? What is Brian’s biggest fear? Failure? Idk, what do ya’ll think?

I apologise if this has been asked before in previous threads.

Would a gator eat EVERYTHING? Would it all be digested? I'm talking bones, clothes, anything else you may be carrying ( your phone? ) - surely something would be left behind?

I really do not believe that he went to the reserve & even thought the attorney is now stating he was last seen on the 13th, I feel he left earlier than this.

His parents do not come across as people who are concerned for their son ( or anyone else for that matter! ) Maybe because they know he is holed up somewhere safe. Maybe they really do not care. I think I posted yesterday & post was lost with server upgrade. I can see either one or both of the parents having narcissistic tenancies, with CL being the family scapegoat & BL the golden child... and the apple really didn't fall far from the tree with him! JMO MOO

I agree, his parents certainly don’t come across as being overly concerned do they. They would be frantic with worry about his safety and well-being, they have not made any public pleas for him to get in touch have they or held any appeals/press conferences. I think that he is not in the reserve and I would not be surprised if he was never there, the parking of the vehicle a decoy to buy him more time.
Flying home to empty the storage unit - I wonder if they rented the unit and had arrears on it. Was there something in the unit he wanted to dispose of, something that shouldn’t have been in there perhaps. The reports that BL bought a phone with an older woman, has it been confirmed who the older woman was - was it his mother? Does anyone think that it is possible that one of his parents knows more than the other?

If I try really, really hard, I can believe that neither BL or his parents brought up Gabby on the 1st or the 6th while spending time with CL and her family.

It is much more difficult for me to grasp that CL never asked about Gabby. No "Where's Gabby?" or "When's Gabby coming back?"

It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to believe that the children who Gabby Facetimed with during her trip, who Gabby sent postcards to, and the same children who according to CL loved her dearly and called her "Aunt Gabby" never once asked on the 1st or the 6th where she was.

NOPE.

MOO
Hah. Me too! I posted similarly yesterday. And added this, if all was the same, -BL home again, like on the 17th, without GP,- did CL and kids try to FaceTime with Aunt Gabby again??
If the answer is “No” from CL, then why not?
IMO CL is not yet being truthful.

They may have needed him for a prior court action for something BL was involved in?
The "storage unit" story is so bogus, laughable. I think he just wanted to be close to Mommy, and I think he stole GB's van keys and took them with him, to make sure she stayed isolated from other campers, people in her age group, and to saddle her with a huge bill. IMO

Last edited:
The only thing that makes sense of any of this to me is that BL had a legal action that required his presence at a certain day or time.
Maybe an attorney knows…. If BL had a court deal that a criminal record would be expunged, would a court event still be on the docket (in which case his court activity wouldn’t have entirely disappeared from the record)?
I’m asking if “expunged” means you don’t have any record at all of someone being in the court system?
This would presumably mean there would be no court record for media to find.
What if it was juvenile court action from when BL was a teen?
CL starts to blurt out what the trip back home was for, but says the FBI has that info, and it’s not necessary to go into it. Seems to me, if it were about moving stuff, there would be no problem saying so in just a few words. That would be a very innocent explanation. BL seems to have had some kind of “problem” before?
I am wondering whether it was a medical appointment? I don't think it was any criminal action, as that info would be easy to find online.

The only thing that makes sense of any of this to me is that BL had a legal action that required his presence at a certain day or time.
Maybe an attorney knows…. If BL had a court deal that a criminal record would be expunged, would a court event still be on the docket (in which case his court activity wouldn’t have entirely disappeared from the record)?
I’m asking if “expunged” means you don’t have any record at all of someone being in the court system?
This would presumably mean there would be no court record for media to find.
What if it was juvenile court action from when BL was a teen?
CL starts to blurt out what the trip back home was for, but says the FBI has that info, and it’s not necessary to go into it. Seems to me, if it were about moving stuff, there would be no problem saying so in just a few words. That would be a very innocent explanation. BL seems to have had some kind of “problem” before?
It looks like as of 6/8, FL jury trials are being held in person, while most other appearances are being done remotely. If he had a rap sheet, I’d think we’d have heard about it by now; his info is on certain info websites for a small fee. (Also, I feel terrible for the 61 year old man in CA who also goes by the name Brian Laundrie. Somebody please buy that man some whiskey.)
Source: COVID-19 Information and Updates - Florida Courts

At that time, no one knew anything except what BL told them. I'm not so sure the parents knew the truth. That may have been the reason he left, because his parents were putting 2xand 2 together and asking questions after 9/11. I personally think they gave the lawyer card to police because they thought it was a bad breakup and didnt want to be involved, but were giving BL a lawyer in case Gabby and parents were coming after him over it. And I believe Cassie and think it was horrible all those people were harassing her at home like that. The guy from Nation news was intense in his questioning, not even stopping half the time to listen to her answers,, all the while a lady behind him spitting out angry questions too. In this "my rights" national division, it occurs to me no one was thinking about hers or her husband's and kids. She seemed to have no choice but to speak so there wouldn't be violence at her home! All the people demanding answers have gotten pretty hateful and scary. I understand their feelings, but I don't think the public should be doing that, its the job of the police and FBI. I'm not sure why its allowed!
IMO Brian Entin has done a fabulous job reporting the facts. The person you are referencing is NOT Brian from Newsnation. it was the protester that was asking CL questions.

I'm a former journalist. There's absolutely no reason for him or any other members of the media to be there anymore. Nothing is going to happen at the house. The real news is happening elsewhere with the search. And there isn't anything newsworthy on that front at the moment.
Whilst I could not agree with you more, I think the presence is more about rasing profiles(s) than anything else.

On a previous thread we talked about the possibility of trail magic assisting BL along the way if he’s indeed on the AT. I’m sure that trail magic sites are posted somewhere on trail apps. Anyone know if that’s the case. I know the sighting in VA isn’t confirmed but the way the girl was sitting in the parking lot with a cooler giving tarot readings made me wonder if she was a trail magic stop?

Hah. Me too! I posted similarly yesterday. And added this, if all was the same, -BL home again, like on the 17th, without GP,- did CL and kids try to FaceTime with Aunt Gabby again??
If the answer is “No” from CL, then why not?
IMO CL is not yet being truthful.

I also know CL has spoken to the FBI and has been asked by them not to discuss certain things.

Good morning. Nothing to add to the sister/ sweatshirt/ incompetant attorney/ fugitive date (13th vs 14th), obnoxious “protestors”, Dr. Phil, AT sightings or any other news. Just really wish for an arrest of BL- of course for justice for Gabby. But also because I can’t stand that her killer is out & about enjoying one single more minute free. Frustrated. Impatient… Grrrrr.

His parents claimed he had a backpack. I don't think 'gators eat those..
I keep thinking about a certain shark film where they cut it open and find all sorts, I know it’s not the same animal but it makes me wonder if they could be similar in what they digest. Just a thought. Sorry if it’s a bit graphic. JMO

It's the opposite time of day to all you peeps, so when I got on here today my head was just spinning.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1445479117965578246?s=21

1/2
Laundrie attorney Mr. Bertolino now says Brian left for the hike on Mon Sept 13, not Tues Sept. 14 like parents originally said.

Full Bertolino statement:
"The Laundries were basing the date Brian left on their recollection of certain events. Upon further communication...

2/2
with the FBI and confirmation of the Mustang being at the Laundrie residence on Wednesday September 15, we now believe the day Brian left to hike in the preserve was Monday September 13."

The Laundries were basing the date he left on their recollection of certain events! Huh, they didn’t know what date he left never to be seen again? What were those events?

‘There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics’.
This saying has a literal meaning. It suggests that statistics can be used to mislead even more than the worst form of untruth.

Attorney Steven Bertolino has clarified to @WFLAJosh that he represents Brian Laundrie and his parents Christopher and Roberta Laundrie.

https://twitter.com/WFLAJustin/status/1445442726284124160

This is the craziest case I’ve ever followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong