Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the murder likely began with an argument. If Gabby was having second thoughts I believe it’s because she was terrified of being abandoned by him driving off in the van alone. I think he’s threatened her before. When long term couples argue there’s a point when they go for the jugular. They know one another’s past, dreams and fears. They know what is going to turn around an argument in the others favor. They know what is really gonna hurt the other to return the pain they themselves feel. Defense/Offense. Offense/Defense. Rinse. Repeat. What is Gabby’s biggest fear? Abandonment? What is Brian’s biggest fear? Failure? Idk, what do ya’ll think?
I think Gabby’s biggest fear was failure. However, at this point in her life it was tied to abandonment by BL. From all accounts, she had spent the past year and a half planning and saving for this trip. Her dad spoke about it on Dr Phil. She seems to have been organized and focused. She saved the money, purchased her equipment and purchased the van. Her goal was about the be realized. She was sooo close. The one factor, out of her personal control, was BL. I’m going to hazard the guess that her parents laid down some law about her traveling alone. Everything else She needed to be successful was solely up to her, but she “needed” BL in that van. I think that is why she was frantic to keep her “team”. Additionally, of course, were the emotional ties and what she was going through about possibly realizing the relationship wasn’t what she thought it was. Coupling these two things together I’m sure made her terrified of him abandoning her.

BL on the other hand seemed to have iffy goals. My personal take on him is not allowed for discussion here. I will say however, that everyone continues to talk about what his movements were and hypothesize on why, or what were his intent, as if he thinks “normally”. I would hope we can at least acknowledge that there is an aberration here. IMO BL does not think like everyone else. I think BLs biggest fear was being exposed.

Regarding the storage locker, I feel like that was not the WHOLE reason for the trip back, just the reason that has been given to the public. It could have been a brief breakup, a parentally enforced separation, a medical appointment, any number of things that they do not want or need to state publicly. But one afternoon during that trip back, he cleared out a storage locker and that's fairly innocuous so that becomes the public reason for the trip back. MOO

Edited to add - I don't think it ultimately matters why he came back. Everyone seems to agree that he did. It's just one more piece of the timeline.

I don't know if it matters or if it's relevant, but when I represent someone in a serious issue, I do always tell them to NOT talk about the matter with anyone but myself or my staff. The reasoning is I want to control the situation as best as I can. I want my client and I to make the calculated decisions on what to do and what to say without any outside influence. That means - if you are negotiating a plea or a settlement in a civil case, you do not want to have to worry about some third party turning on you and ruining everything.

So I do think it is very possible if BL spoke to SB at any point, his advice would be - do not talk to anyone. Do not tell your parents, do not tell your sister, do not tell your friends. If you need to talk, call me. Our conversations are privileged. But if you tell anyone else, they can use it against you or be forced to use it against you.

I don't know if that happened but it would have been good advice. You don't randomly tell people you committed a crime so then you have to worry about them developing a conscience and calling the police on you.

I am curious about something. In your experience do clients tend to tell Attorneys the whole truth, or do you find they still hold information back even from the Attorney trying to represent and defend them?

I do know along the AT for example, there are groups of hikers who bond and sometimes make lifelong friendships along the way. In fact the lean to structures we saw a few threads ago are often used by couples or singles who don’t knows each other. The only thing I can equate it to is dining in Europe and sitting with people you don’t know.
Alot of AT hikers camp right near the shelter, even if they don’t sleep in the shelter. Shelters have good water sources and privies, plus company in the evening. That’s why you’d want to put up a tent there. I’ve been at shelters with 30 people in and around. In the Smokies,you’re required to be at a shelter (priority you should be actually in the shelter because they’re surrounded by fence) or the one backcountry campground that had a host (which might be closed now because of bear activity).
Shelters are very popular on wet days.

I'm a former journalist. There's absolutely no reason for him or any other members of the media to be there anymore. Nothing is going to happen at the house. The real news is happening elsewhere with the search. And there isn't anything newsworthy on that front at the moment.

I agree, but the news isn't really about suppling news anymore, its about feeding the masses some juicy bits to keep them tuned in. Look at the attention that pointless drone video of them gardening got. The stress level is probably about to blow their minds, something simple to do can ease the pain. But people get to look at it and cast judgement even though it has absolutely nothing to do with catching BL or providing clues to the murder.

Wow. Everyone gets a piece of the pie, everyone has a price. JMO..
There have been reports that neighbors are renting lawn space, tents, bathroom availability, and even selling refreshments to the assembled media.

There was even one report that one of Laundrie's neighbors was getting $3,500 per week just to have a spot that is close to the center of the action or in most cases inaction.
Brian Laundrie's Neighbors Cashing In on Media Coverage

The neighborhood was pretty much congested with journalists’ equipment and vehicles that the police already intervened in and barred them from parking on that spot. However, journos have found a way to get around it as they’ve rented parking space from Laundrie’s neighbors. Entertainment website TMZ took snapshots of such a situation as cameras were being put up a few yards on Laundrie’s block.
Brian Laundrie’s Neighbors Rent Their Lawn Spaces Making Thousands of Dollars a Week - Texas Breaking News
ie

I’m exhausted and I haven’t been sitting in the Florida sun and heat all day everyday! He has to be wiped out. I wonder how long he will continue to follow the case from North Port if there aren’t any major new developments.
I agree.
He is actually based out of Miami, and has said that he would go elsewhere (out of state) if this case develops elsewhere.

He said today that he's been their family attorney for 20 years and won't reveal when he was brought on for this case

thats interesting….I wonder what kind of attorney he even is…most people don’t have a criminal attorney as a “family attorney” … we have heard of no prior criminal history of BL to my knowledge (or any other reason they would have a criminal attorney on standby…I wonder if this is a setup for ineffective counsel by the family in hopes to get a big name attorney to work this case pro bono

If it had food in it, they might. I imagine they don’t have the gator equivalent of bear boxes at the reserve. (Bear boxes are secure enclosures used at many campgrounds to store anything a bear might come after, from gear to food to toothpaste. If no bear boxes are around, you tie your stuff way up in a tree.) If he had MREs or energy bars or peanut butter cheese crackers, a gator might go for his gear too.

They can digest large bones too. Gross! I wonder if doing ultrasounds of gators stomachs is a thing. Seems it may be the only way to see if there are human remains in there. I read it does take a while for bones to be digested by their stomach acid.

It's the opposite time of day to all you peeps, so when I got on here today my head was just spinning.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1445479117965578246?s=21

1/2
Laundrie attorney Mr. Bertolino now says Brian left for the hike on Mon Sept 13, not Tues Sept. 14 like parents originally said.

Full Bertolino statement:
"The Laundries were basing the date Brian left on their recollection of certain events. Upon further communication...

2/2
with the FBI and confirmation of the Mustang being at the Laundrie residence on Wednesday September 15, we now believe the day Brian left to hike in the preserve was Monday September 13."

The Laundries were basing the date he left on their recollection of certain events! Huh, they didn’t know what date he left never to be seen again? What were those events?

‘There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics’.
This saying has a literal meaning. It suggests that statistics can be used to mislead even more than the worst form of untruth.

Attorney Steven Bertolino has clarified to @WFLAJosh that he represents Brian Laundrie and his parents Christopher and Roberta Laundrie.

https://twitter.com/WFLAJustin/status/1445442726284124160

This is the craziest case I’ve ever followed.

BBM

And then there is...

CLEAN-UP ON ISLE 13

possibly, if she had been led to believe that bl and gp had broken up, she might not have wanted to discuss that around the kids because they loved her...idk, i'm really trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, and i could be wrong...
I gave her the benefit of the doubt but I can’t get the thought out of my head that if you were planning on having someone hide, a campfire at a Park with no bugging devices by LE would be a perfect place to discuss the plan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth