Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the Aug 17-23 trip, it does not make financial sense. The cost of the flight and hotel was much more than the cost of the storage unit. If it had been Gabby's goal to save money for the van trip, then him flying off to Florida and interrupting their trip might have been his power move to waste her money. He would have known if she wouldn't choose to stay in the van alone. He was also very persistent in the Moab bodycam that they were going to hike in Arches that day. He may have been just as insistent with his plan for them to try "wwoofing" at an organic farm in Washington at the end of the road trip. If they weren't returning to Florida for months, then emptying the storage locker makes a little more financial sense if you consider only his side, the cost of the plane ticket, and disregard the expense on her side for a hotel room.

My guess is that in the last week of the trip, they were arguing about money. MOO
Brian's DV on Gabby and speeding/traffic stop occurred on the 12th? And the flight on the 17th? (correct me if I'm wrong). In any case those 4 days, 13th thru 16th must have been terrible, really horrible. Real doozies. He probably inflicted more physical and mental pain on her. There's a reason the trip occurred so quickly after his hitting/slapping her, grabbing her face, attempting carjack of her vehicle, speeding, reckless driving, embarrassing her in public, lying, and, IMO not allowing her to complete her work to upload.

Charitably (see I'm trying) he may have realized he was spiraling out of control, and may have nearly murdered her in those 4 days, or fantasized about it, and realized he needed help. Maybe once he got home and was coddled, it kind of subsided and he returned, having stole her keys in the meantime to maintain control.

Or, maybe he saw her vacillating and thinking of ending the trip, ending THEIR relationship. If only.

When he got back, all the problems were still there in his mind, ready for his own self-ignited explosion towards her.

IMO

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #52

Dr Brent Blue is the Coroner who carried out the preliminary autopsy, but a second autopsy will be performed.

This is an extract from one of my earlier posts:

“Interview with Chief Medical Examiner, Dr William Morrone.

A preliminary autopsy is to identify the remains and begin the paperwork for prosecution. It also means there’s going to be a second autopsy.

The second autopsy may involve federal experts and FBI resources. It might take place at the closest university that has a medical school, FBI Headquarters in Quantico, VA or the nearest army/air force base. The FBI might want forensic anthropologists and entomologists because of insect involvement, and a toxicology report will also need to be obtained”.

This is an extremely high profile case and I’m sure the FBI will choose a suitable medical examiner, not a coroner, to do the second autopsy to establish cause of death.

Can I just say, when you turn up to a family gathering and someone is there without their partner, you don’t automatically think murder and sit down and interrogate them. We have the hindsight now to know that GP was killed, but on the 6th of September CL had literally no reason we know of to think any such thing.

BL had been home before on this trip during August, so it wasn’t that crazy that he was home again. If you look at her first interview with ABC, she started to say something about how he’d flown before and then stopped herself saying “that’s police stuff”. So it totally fits that she simply assumed he’d flown home again.

CL had kids with her and said nothing seemed out of the ordinary to her when she went to Fort De Soto. I also got the feeling she couldn’t talk about any “Where’s Gabby” questions when she was questioned by the protesters, since she followed right up with “everyone doesn’t need to know what the FBI knows” and said repeatedly throughout that a) she has told LE everything and b) there are things she can’t talk about. That means when she’s talking to the protesters she’s constantly assessing whether what she’s saying is ok and leaving certain things out which can make it look like she’s lying. The bottom line is, she can’t be as open as she seems (IMO) to want to be.

I just think it’s important to keep those things in mind when dissecting and analyzing everything she said. It’s also important to keep in mind that she said on the 10th? 11th?, the detective from Suffolk NY called her while she and her family were in Orlando on a Disney trip. They were at dinner and CL says she called her back and answered all of her questions. GP’s parents would know if that was true or not. It’s even possible this is how they learned or confirmed for sure that Brian was home… without Gabby. Which would be the most horrifying realization. Ugh.

I just don’t think she’s lying at this point. I have a vastly different and rather negative view of the parents behavior throughout this, and I’m just not getting that same feeling from CL.

All MOO of course
I agree 100%. I was talking with my spouse about this last night, if a family member showed up to a picnic/BBQ or whatever without their S.O., we might privately murmur to each other about maybe there has been a split-up or something, but certainly not interrogate them about the wherabouts of the S.O. Not every family is totally up in one another's business to that level.

I’m thinking it was a court date that would require his presence. Almost nothing else makes sense to me. But I’m not an attorney. Is there a way to keep prior issues with LE (e.g. shoplifting) hidden from public view, which he explains why BL doesn’t appear to have a criminal record? Could he have got some kind of plea deal where the crime was removed from his record if he did some community service and/or took, say, an anger management class and/or paid a fine? And the trip back to Florida was a court date wrapping it up?
Or maybe something in NY, which may explain why the Laundries had prior experience with the attorney?
I can’t see him agreeing to an appointment with, say, a doctor. IMO he’s unlikely to believe there’s anything wrong with him. He’s one of those “special snowflakes”.
The only thing I can think of is a court date where he had to appear in person.
How about 40 hours of community service and/or a court-ordered anger management class during those several days?

you might be onto something…if it’s a case that is currently being tried it would not be public because there has not been a conviction. However if he has been convicted of any other crimes, that would be public if he was over 18.

Maybe it was legal. But what would not appear on a docket? Probably not expunging a juvie record. I'm not a Floridian or an attorney but it sounds like that would automatically happen at age 24. While the link below points out it can be good to take action earlier (and hire them!) it's only 10 months to BL's 24th birthday.

Expungement of Juvenile Criminal Records in Florida

JMO
What would be the outcome if it wasn’t juvie, but a diversion program as an adult? Or if someone pressed charges (e.g. for shoplifting) and the case was settled the day before the court date?

I'm not too sure - as I don't really want to get into how either of them feels (I do not know them, so how could i know?). However, my guess is abandonment wouldn't really be an issue (unless both were under some kind of threat). Gabby was in the hotel for a week when Brian was in Florida, and she managed then. On the road, unless in an isolated spot, there are always ways of making contact with those that can help. The younger generation always seem to be melded to their phones - so my thinking is, if they still have their phone, they cannot be abandoned. IMO.

Thank you. With places like Moab and Salt Lake we are talking about modern U.S. towns and cities - it's not like waking up in the trunk of a car in Afghanistan. No matter how "emotionally" abandoned someone might feel, rescue from physical abandonment, was close at hand in those places.

On the other hand, we do have mention of the website/vlog being a point of contention. If anyone had fear of abandonment, it could have been BL. What if GP was talking to successful content creators and they said that BL's attitude was holding her back? She had five days in SLC - what if someone offered a level of support and encouragement that led to realize there is "life" beyond BL? Seems like it wouldn't take long for that to boil over.

thats interesting….I wonder what kind of attorney he even is…most people don’t have a criminal attorney as a “family attorney” … we have heard of no prior criminal history of BL to my knowledge (or any other reason they would have a criminal attorney on standby…I wonder if this is a setup for ineffective counsel by the family in hopes to get a big name attorney to work this case pro bono
Looks like he does a bit of everything - The East Islip Law Offices of Steven P. Bertolino, P.C. - so it is quite possible that the L family has used him before - for example a real estate transaction, or other family legal bits and pieces. IMO, he will not be representing BL if he is ever found.

I keep thinking about a certain shark film where they cut it open and find all sorts, I know it’s not the same animal but it makes me wonder if they could be similar in what they digest. Just a thought. Sorry if it’s a bit graphic. JMO
They will, if they catch the gator, cut it open and retrieve things. Don’t forget folks, we now have a bad Bermese Python population in south FL. I wouldn’t go anywhere out in the preserves.
What should I do if I see a python in the wild?

The only thing that makes sense of any of this to me is that BL had a legal action that required his presence at a certain day or time.
Maybe an attorney knows…. If BL had a court deal that a criminal record would be expunged, would a court event still be on the docket (in which case his court activity wouldn’t have entirely disappeared from the record)?
I’m asking if “expunged” means you don’t have any record at all of someone being in the court system?
This would presumably mean there would be no court record for media to find.
What if it was juvenile court action from when BL was a teen?
CL starts to blurt out what the trip back home was for, but says the FBI has that info, and it’s not necessary to go into it. Seems to me, if it were about moving stuff, there would be no problem saying so in just a few words. That would be a very innocent explanation. BL seems to have had some kind of “problem” before?

I thought the same. Not sure how FL handles domestic violence incident. Some states handle in Juvenile and Domestic Court and those records are not available.

Moo

I'm not too sure - as I don't really want to get into how either of them feels (I do not know them, so how could i know?). However, my guess is abandonment wouldn't really be an issue (unless both were under some kind of threat). Gabby was in the hotel for a week when Brian was in Florida, and she managed then. On the road, unless in an isolated spot, there are always ways of making contact with those that can help. The younger generation always seem to be melded to their phones - so my thinking is, if they still have their phone, they cannot be abandoned. IMO.

I have just begun thinking about whether or not GP would be looking at their trip with different eyes after the news of the Moab murders broke. They had just been there, and here she is alone in a motel room. Whether she was afraid of abandonment or just being left alone while he did a day hike, she might have started questioning how safe it would be for her to be out there.

They can digest large bones too. Gross! I wonder if doing ultrasounds of gators stomachs is a thing. Seems it may be the only way to see if there are human remains in there. I read it does take a while for bones to be digested by their stomach acid.
I just read a similar article out of curiosity (we don’t have them wild in the UK that I’m aware of) so I was wondering if BL could potentially have been eaten as much of a gross thought that is. It can happen but apparently they prefer smaller prey unless they’re really hungry. All interesting indeed, however the more I read the less I think so. JMO

I have a neighbor that I'm not fond of. I would definitely be inclined to "rent" my driveway out to the media for as long as they wanted to pay. If I were the L's I would be talking to a realtor and making a plan to list the house and get the heck out of dodge. No one wants them there. JMO

Maybe it was legal. But what would not appear on a docket? Probably not expunging a juvie record. I'm not a Floridian or an attorney but it sounds like that would automatically happen at age 24. While the link below points out it can be good to take action earlier (and hire them!) it's only 10 months to BL's 24th birthday.

Expungement of Juvenile Criminal Records in Florida

JMO
His Juvie record, if there was one, would have been in New York, and if you believe he flew into Tampa, that doesn’t jibe. JMO

thats interesting….I wonder what kind of attorney he even is…most people don’t have a criminal attorney as a “family attorney” … we have heard of no prior criminal history of BL to my knowledge (or any other reason they would have a criminal attorney on standby…I wonder if this is a setup for ineffective counsel by the family in hopes to get a big name attorney to work this case pro bono
He's got a general practice, more or less. Lists real estate first, so maybe that's primary, but also has a few other areas. Looks like minor criminal defense stuff as well.

I'm sure they reached out bc he's who they knew.

I am curious about something. In your experience do clients tend to tell Attorneys the whole truth, or do you find they still hold information back even from the Attorney trying to represent and defend them?

It depends on the client and what the issue is but they definitely lie. I have found the client is more likely to tell the truth if they personally do not believe what they did was wrong (like an issue with accounting or compliance) versus something that is morally repugnant. There is always a lot of work reviewing the evidence and then explaining the evidence to the client - that we need to explain this so if there is a good explanation, we should bring it forward.

I just read a similar article out of curiosity (we don’t have them in the UK) so I was wondering if BL could potentially have been eaten as much of a gross thought that is. It can happen but apparently they prefer smaller prey unless they’re really hungry. All interesting indeed, however the more I read the less I think so. JMO

Here's a recent alligator attack on an adult male in Florida:

Florida Diver Nearly Killed by Alligator

edited to add another source:
https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/...plays-frightening-moments-of-alligator-attack

Looks like he does a bit of everything - The East Islip Law Offices of Steven P. Bertolino, P.C. - so it is quite possible that the L family has used him before - for example a real estate transaction, or other family legal bits and pieces. IMO, he will not be representing BL if he is ever found.
Yes, he said he's been their attorney for twenty years. A reporter asked him when the family first called him and that was his answer. Imo

Brian's DV on Gabby and speeding/traffic stop occurred on the 12th? And the flight on the 17th? (correct me if I'm wrong). In any case those 4 days, 13th thru 16th must have been terrible, really horrible. Real doozies. He probably inflicted more physical and mental pain on her. There's a reason the trip occurred so quickly after his hitting/slapping her, grabbing her face, attempting carjack of her vehicle, speeding, reckless driving, embarrassing her in public, lying, and, IMO not allowing her to complete her work to upload.

Charitably (see I'm trying) he may have realized he was spiraling out of control, and may have nearly murdered her in those 4 days, or fantasized about it, and realized he needed help. Maybe once he got home and was coddled, it kind of subsided and he returned, having stole her keys in the meantime to maintain control.

Or, maybe he saw her vacillating and thinking of ending the trip, ending THEIR relationship. If only.

When he got back, all the problems were still there in his mind, ready for his own self-ignited explosion towards her.

IMO
IMO BL is not the type to think he “needs help”, let alone act on it. He thinks he’s a special snowflake, a life of dupers’ delight.

I am curious about something. In your experience do clients tend to tell Attorneys the whole truth, or do you find they still hold information back even from the Attorney trying to represent and defend them?
In my experience, no, they do not tell the whole truth.

Some tell the attorney their "version" of events which may be a complete lie. It's then the attorney's job to build a case based on the information given. If some of the information is contradicted by other testimony or facts, the client is then asked to clear up the inconsistencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361