Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that it has been confirmed by Cassie that BL was in Florida while Gabby stayed in SLC, is there validity to the convenience store clerk statement that Gabby was with a man in her store? It could not have been BL if he was actually in Florida.

It would be interesting to know who that was if it is true.

Hello! I wasn't aware that there was a report of this nature? Please could you share a link so I can read it?

That's definitely something of interest if she was witnessed with another person and we know BL was back in FL.

TIA

Whether or not it was being executed well, or well yet, it has seemed from all indications that GP was hoping and aiming for it to become something at least money-generatkng to some degree.
Yes, I acknowledge that, but how? The following (as in audience) wasn't set up beforehand to generate income on their travels. There didn't seem to be any drive behind it to make it successful and they had been on the road for quite a while by that time.

While appearing on the Dr. Phil show on Tuesday, the Petito family lawyer, Richard Stafford said, "[Laundrie] ran, he stole her credit card, he used her credit card to get home, and then ran from the police."

"He used her credit card to get home and then ran from the police," Stafford continued. "That's going to show a lot what he was thinking back then."
Brian Laundrie used Gabby's credit card to get home, run from the police: Petito lawyer

Regarding the trip back to Florida around the 17th, I'm guessing it's because they broke up, not because of some storage unit baloney. Then I keep thinking about how BL's mom was 'so happy about the engagement' according to gabby's parents. Maybe she convinced him to give it another try, etc. etc. and that's when he flew back to Utah. Then he shows up in FL on 9/1, tells his parents they tried to make it work but couldn't. And Gabby is so upset she flew home to be with her parents but asked him to drive her van back to FL because she'll need to pack up her stuff at the house in it later. Of course, BL's mom, sister still hope they'll work things out, they've broken up so many times before and always gotten back together, and BL is acting normal-ish enough, so they don't question it further till Gabby's parents start calling. That's when the truth comes out (after the camping trip, if the sister is to be believed) and he tells the parents the truth of what happened, there's a big blow up (redacted incident at the laundries right before Gabby's reported missing). After that, he takes off.

JMO I'm not completely sure that BLs family was all that happy about them being together. I have a feeling they may have witnessed some of the fights IRL. GB and BL WERE living with them. Those physical fights didn't just suddenly appear on the trip. Which might also explain why when BL came back without Gabby , they bought his story that they broke up again. They could have been secretly relieved. Believing his story when the Petito's called they didn't respond feeling the couple would be better off apart. Of course once BL's story started to unravel they were already in it with both feet. JMO

While appearing on the Dr. Phil show on Tuesday, the Petito family lawyer, Richard Stafford said, "[Laundrie] ran, he stole her credit card, he used her credit card to get home, and then ran from the police."

"He used her credit card to get home and then ran from the police," Stafford continued. "That's going to show a lot what he was thinking back then."
Brian Laundrie used Gabby's credit card to get home, run from the police: Petito lawyer

To be quite honest - I'm not holding a lot of worth about the Vlog/Blog. My reasoning? Well, when this case first broke, views of their SM were tiny and according to a previous post (or was it when I was watching Dr Phil), a father said GP had done a lot of prep for this adventure (like 12-18months). IMO if that was the case, there would have been more prep work on the SM side to promote their VAnLife before setting off ( for example vlogs on converting the van, getting ready, what they need to pack etc). To me, it does not indicate that this was going to be a serious money maker for them. There simply was not enough investment (in terms of time and creative content) to get the project off the ground.

I totally agree with this, however every time I bring it up I am lectured about how much work goes into editing photos for Instagram and posting one (ONE!) video (from first hand experience: this is not true) and am told I am insulting Gabby's "art" -- this is such a valid point that I feel deserves discussion -- how exactly did she expect to make money from the minimal effort she was putting into it? Maybe you'll have better luck than I have at getting others here to agree it's worthy of discussion.

I also agree with this. I see very little evidence that GP was trying to monetize this trip until very late in the game. In all of her 12-18 months of planning this trip, she did very little to try to gain a substantial following. As far as we can tell, they bought all that REI gear but didn't tag the company in social media until one post in August IIRC. BL has a post on Instagram about the van conversion, but GP doesn't, and even in BL's post there's no detailed explanation of what he's doing (we removed the x to make room to install a y). That YouTube video of all their 2020 adventures should have been up and plastered over their SM BEFORE setting out. All that is the type of stuff pre-trip that would start to get them followers. Then, once the trip started they posted rather infrequently. Sponsors are looking for people who post regularly, even daily, to keep the audience engaged. GP may have had dreams to monetize this, but she didn't actually do a lot to realize that dream until her final few weeks. Maybe the two of them disagreed over this and that's part of the reason they argued, because GP does seem like she's making efforts to monetize right around the time the problems (that we know of) start.

Yes, I acknowledge that, but how? The following wasn't set up neforehand to generate income on their travels. There didn't seem to be any drive behind it to make it successful and they had been on the road for quite a while by that time.

This is interesting - it's not that there was a ton of "bad" content - there was really a dearth of any content. I know a couple that has finally started to monetize their YouTube channel, in a similar space, and it is an insane amount of work. They were laughing about getting their first "big check" for like 12 bucks.

Exposed of what?
Exposed; as in who he was. His secrets. I think the Moab stop was the closest he had ever come to public exposure. IMO It’s one thing to slap your partner when no one is looking, it’s another to be on LE camera and be questioned about it.
The storage locker.

Everyone has been asking how it makes sense to pay for a plane ticket and a hotel room for BL to fly down to clean out a storage locker, which is a very valid question.

My question, though, if there was room in the house for the stuff, why didn't they clean out the storage locker before they left for the trip? They had been planning this trip for over a year. Why spend the money for the storage locker in July and August (and probably June too) during a time in which they had no income? What changed to open up a less expensive option sometime in mid-August?
IMO the “storage locker” reason to explain the Aug 17 return to Florida is a Huge RED HERRING and the ONLY reason it is being offered up is because those facilities usually have CCTV.
IMO BL flew home to teach GP a lesson. His parents may have demanded it, or he may have need a visit to refill a med, but it also allowed BL to continue his abuse, so he agreed. I think he returned to her after he thought she had learned her lesson. Moo but this man allegedly did return to kill her. Hindsight is 20/20, however continuing to IGNORE this fact and hypothesizing about why he went to Florida like the answer is what loaf of bread did he buy at the store, I believe is doing Gabby and all DV victims a huge disservice. There is a white elephant in the room and it is screaming.
moo

This makes me wonder about how establishments handle people staying for hours on end using their wifi and taking up seats which affects their turnover of customers..Could Gabby have stayed at Merry Piglets way too long and maybe they were asked to move on? Which got BL all riled up? We do not know what time they arrived at the restaurant. They were already there when the witness and her boyfriend arrived and sat near them. I do think this was the big fight that continued for hours and resulted in her death. jmo
Well they were both there, so it doesn't make sense that it was "Gabby" who stayed there too long. He probably routinely used her phone while she used her laptop. But that could have happened, after they ate (?) they stayed, and were asked to move on by the waitress whose section it was. But I can't see Gabby being so blasé about using internet time in a busy restaurant. Back in the olden days I was a waitress and people who bought minimal food and stayed and stayed (ie TV football) were a PITA.

But it could have been something like a 15-20% mandatory tip that set him off. There must have been other places to use wifi, than a busy tourist restaurant at 1-2 pm.

I'm not too sure - as I don't really want to get into how either of them feels (I do not know them, so how could i know?). However, my guess is abandonment wouldn't really be an issue (unless both were under some kind of threat). Gabby was in the hotel for a week when Brian was in Florida, and she managed then. On the road, unless in an isolated spot, there are always ways of making contact with those that can help. The younger generation always seem to be melded to their phones - so my thinking is, if they still have their phone, they cannot be abandoned. IMO.

I do find it strange that we have not had leaks from employees or people at the hotel in SLC. We are so into Brian's behaviors...but we have nothing on Gabby's....

That storage locker thing has always bothered me! Like could it not have waited?! Or did it have to be him that went wayyy out of his way to fly home to do it? I’m very much on the same page with you on that!!

One of the things that recently came out from Bertolino was that BL went back to Florida to empty the storage unit AND "retrieve some items" - so there was something in either the storage unit or in the Laundrie home that they apparently needed on the trip and had not taken with them although they had planned the trip for 18 months.

BL or his parents brought up
Okay this statement that is [B said:
BBM.[/B]
what items??? what did you possibly forget to pack in June, that you desperately need in august , that you can find in no other place but florida?
As others have said: zero logic..fly home to close storage space, to save money. I am venturing a guess that the cost of the flight was more than the storage unit.

I would love if someone could investigate this whole storage thing. It has always perplexed me.

Last I wonder if the time away that GP realized that she was actually okay without BL, maybe got some strength and clarity, and he was not having it.

JMO all of the abovve.
If the commitment on the storage ended in August, perhaps they wanted to avoid getting into another year long contract?

My theory is that he left to give them space-- to avoid another public screaming match, and to give Gabby time to put a video together in a more spacious setting with connection capability.

Wow! I am done with Cassie. And Bortolino sure likes throwing her under the bus.

https://twitter.com/JossieCarbonare/status/1445442775156240384?s=20

UPDATE: To be clear about this earlier post - according to #BrianLaundrie’s family attorney, Roberta and Chris Laundrie (Brian’s parents) have been speaking with #CassieLaundrie but “they are just not discussing this case”.

I haven't followed as many cases as many on here have, but I've never seen a lawyer interact and state as much info as this lawyer has to the general public via text in one of the most high profile cases.

Absolutely blows my minds

I’m not saying that him flying home for this reason is correct, I’m just saying I have GAD and family members with GAD and sometimes the doctor will want to see you in person. Especially if you are in distress. Sometimes to do labs. I’m speaking from personal experience.

Certainly. I expect most of the time F2F office visits are preferred. But if BL was in unusual distress, and he was under the care of a Florida psychiatrist (& we have no proof of that) I just can't imagine the psychiatrist telling him to get on a plane and come back to FL for an office visit. That's all I was saying.
JMO

I noticed that too Imstilla.grandma. Isn't that the first "confirmation" we've had that it was her card?

The many here are basing it mostly on one witness. So its possible maybe he wasn't possessive. And maybe the thing they wanted from storage was a personal keepsake and not something you can buy at walmart. There are an endless possible reasons why they needed to get into the storage. Maybe he forgot to leave a key and it was still on the keyring. Maybe they needed his signature. maybe he or she wouldn't want strangers (2 men and a truck) pawing through their things.

I have been thinking it could have been money.. I know if I hide any substantial cash (as I have done when traveling), I want no one to know and no one to get it for me.........

I personally feel there are many many scenarios of why the trip home makes sense. All these wild speculations and fantasies of why it is so unreal. or impossible.. are just messing with the facts and confusing tremendously.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member