Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did no one think to ask CL why she didn't FT GP when BL came home on 9/1? She said she did it when he flew home on the 17th? Did anyone ask her what his explanation was for why he was back? She said she spoke to him before the 11th. Why didn't any of the reporters ask her these questions?
I’ve been pointing that out since CL gave her little interview on the lawn. Those people questioning her though, in the front yard at least , were not reporters. They were protestors. I’m going to have to go back and watch the subsequent on air interview.
I’m having a hard time believing CL would go against FBI instructions, no matter how much she wanted those people off her sidewalk. And then to go on national television again?? Was this all actually supported by FBI , but then some of the info didn’t mesh? Ie. Why didn’t she FT with Gabby after Sept 1?

The storage thing sounds off to me also. BL's sister said it wasn't a storage unit, but a storage locker. I don't really know the difference, but thought a locker would be smaller. Why would the expense of a flight back and forth, be worth saving a few months rent on the locker? And what was so important in it, that he needed to take it back on a plane? Couldn't the parents have just mailed the items to BL? Honestly, you can't carry much on the plane.
It's not different than a storage unit. Only a "locker" in the sense that you can lock it

I've discussed this several times in previous threads. I'd read some posts that made it sound as if people were impressed by what she was doing, I didn't see that.

To me they looked like typical vacation pictures, nothing amazing stood out to me. All the work involved wasn't being done, probably a bone of contention between BL & Gabby. Probably lead to a lot of fights.

But because of her inexperience she shouldn't have had been focusing on making money, but she should have been taking a lot pictures of their journey. She should have waited until she was home and had the time to put up content. Even then it's got to be good content and it needs constant updates.

It's called creating a brand and it's consuming. I don't follow 'influencers' or 'vanlife', but I do know it takes commitment, it's a business.

I've found that most successful influencer's are more provocative, have a product of interest, and have branded themselves with a lot of interest.

Until this case I had never heard of vanlife and there doesn't seem to be a something that would interest a lot of people, except like minded people. A small minority of people. Not a sellable product anywhere.

She was probably doing it or wanting to do it for love, but it's a hard career if at all.
A lot of "influencers" have started with less of a plan than our enterprising Gabby. You never know what will go viral. That is the element that can't be planned but can lead to real income if it happens and is exploited with hard work. There are many elements to successful vlogging. There is no singular path.

The reason it is popular is because online content can be marketed for profit....maybe a little or maybe a lot.

She/they saved money, bought a travel vehicle and started an adventure. Even if she only went home with life experience, she would have many skills in vlogging that she could use in job hunting, furthering her education, etc. Many people have capitalized this skill set.

I admire her passion which is indicated to me by her willingness to not just treat their time on the road as a "vacation." She was putting in some sweat equity. What if BL had been willing to do the same?
MOO

#JusticeforGabby

I've got nothing new to add but they just must have found multiple clues (& perhaps scattered? how far could BL potentially scatter them, on foot?) in the reserve to be dedicating so much time & energy. So many questions. Hope LE is really closing in.

I'm not feeling he committed suicide.
I think he is sitting back in a safehouse/cabin watching this manhunt unfold and he is enjoying his 15 minutes of infamy.

Agree, the parents have not once begged him to come home, don't appear concerned he may not be alive.

They may not know where he is but they know he's safe and sound.

All my opinion

good for them!

a bit of compensation for the HELL their dirty neighbours are putting them through.

(hoo boy if i was one of their neighbours...
first of all i would be knocking on that door daily complaining.
i'd be phoning daily too.
i would be telling anyone who would listen every tale of petty neighbourhood bs they had ever done.
i would have talked to the sherif and the fbi day one.)

i hope one is the one next door that Brian Entin stands on right up close to the Laundrie's house.

i hope inside the Laundrie house they can hear what everyone outside says.
Bringing this post over from the Media only - no discussion thread

This is just an example of the different sizes of storage that's in a storage facility:
Self-Storage Unit Size Guide | Public Storage

I think that if it had to be mailed, they'd have to find a place to mail it to - like a hotel, or to a UPS/FedEx pickup center.

Also depends on scarcity of storage in the location. NYC has got chains offering options as low as 3'x3'x4'; and I could have sworn I'd seen 2'x2'x3' somewhere...

Manhattan Mini Storage | Full-Service Storage Solutions

Now drone van is with the suvs that went down the road. Abandoned notice was placed on mustang on Sept 14th. But we knew that
I think the point is that the FBI and other LE are searching in the same area that the Mustang was found. One would think they would've done that sooner, but maybe they got some additional lead, whether about him or some other piece of evidence in the area?

JMO

The storage thing sounds off to me also. BL's sister said it wasn't a storage unit, but a storage locker. I don't really know the difference, but thought a locker would be smaller. Why would the expense of a flight back and forth, be worth saving a few months rent on the locker? And what was so important in it, that he needed to take it back on a plane? Couldn't the parents have just mailed the items to BL? Honestly, you can't carry much on the plane.
I think maybe the "locker" story is just because he was sighted there, and it is a verifiable "excuse". But not a cause of the trip. The true purpose of the visit was something else entirely. IMO

A lot of "influencers" have started with less of a plan than our enterprising Gabby. You never know what will go viral. That is the element that can't be planned but can lead to real income if it happens and is exploited with hard work. There are many elements to successful vlogging. There is no singular path.

The reason it is popular is because online content can be marketed for profit....maybe a little or maybe a lot.

She/they saved money, bought a travel vehicle and started an adventure. Even if she only went home with life experience, she would have many skills in vlogging that she could use in job hunting, furthering her education, etc. Many people have capitalized this skill set.

I admire her passion which is indicated to me by her willingness to not just treat their time on the road as a "vacation." She was putting in some sweat equity. What if BL had been willing to do the same?
MOO

#JusticeforGabby

Agreed.

While I'm sure it helps to have amassed a huge following to become a travel writer, I'm not sure if the adequate following for one's practice in order to expand to other platforms is 250,000 followers or 2.5M followers.

Okay. So the attorney statements have been really interesting to me and I've really just had the time to sit down and put them together. So here's a timeline based on what he's said to reporters and police reports to fill in the dates between what he's confirmed. I am only using Twitter-verified reporter's accounts to ensure the accuracy of the text messages.
8/17 - BL flies to Tampa from SLC to obtain "some items and empty and close storage unit to save money as they contemplated extending road trip." (10/5 Text from SB to Jorja Roman; Source: Jorja Roman Twitter)
8/23 - BL returned to SLC to rejoin GP. (Source: Jorja Roman Twitter)
9/1 - BL stops at CL's home before returning to parent's home. (Source: Justin Schecker Twitter.)
9/1 - License plate reader confirms the van entered the city of North Port at approximately 10:26 a.m.
9/4 - BL opens account with AT&T and purchases a new phone, which is the phone he left at home when he went on a hike on 9/14* (Note: References to the hike on 9/14 have been left as originally stated. It is also worth noting that at 2:25 p.m., SB stated he never confirmed the date the phone was purchased because he did not know the specific date, only that a phone was purchased and it was left at home. At 6:21 p.m., he'd apparently received the specific information and was able to confirm. 9/29 Text from SB Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/6 - 9/7 BL and parents check in at FDS campground. (9/28 Text from SB; Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.) (Note: Cassie Laundrie confirmed she also visited the campgrounds with the family on 9/6 in an interview outside her home; Source: Brian Entin Twitter)
9/10 @ 15:58 and 18:29 (3:58 and 6:29 p.m.) - NPPD record shows two separate phone calls received for public service at Laundrie residence. Reported "problem settled." All other information redacted. (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/11 - Van was located at Laundrie residence in Florida. BL's parents refused to allow BL to speak with LE and directed officers to speak with their attorney. (Source: Search Warrant.)
9/11 - Three separate 911 called placed at Laundrie family home at 1:12 p.m. (follow up/investigation), 4:38 p.m (follow up/investigation) and 8:28 p.m (agency assist). (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/13- In an amended statement, SB states BL's parents now believe he left to hike Monday, September 13, not the 14th as previously stated. (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter)
9/13 - SB speaks to BL. It is unclear whether he spoke to BL before or after he went hiking to know whether he would have been the last person to actually speak to BL before he essentially disappeared. (9/28 Text from SB; Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/14 - NPPD police report related to an abandoned vehicle at 6968 Reisterstown Road, which is the location of Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park. (Source: Your Sun.)
9/14 - Police return to Laundrie home. (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/15- Mustang returned to Laundrie home. (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.) (Note: The attorney confirms this on 10/5, but this was also pointed out in a live stream by Brian Entin prior to SB's text. It was also reported by Your Sun that the parents stated they picked up the car the next day.)
9/15 - Police return to Laundrie home. (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/16 - Police return to Laundrie home. (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/16 - Brian Entin reports Laundrie residence is very quiet, beginning to think BL and parents left. Police stated again they know where BL is but won't elaborate. (Note: Obviously he wasn't in the house, but thought it was relevant to note that LE stated they knew where BL was.) (Source: Brian Entin Twitter.)
9/17 - BL's parents report BL as missing person. (Note: If someone has the missing persons report for BL, let me know and I will link it. I didn't see one.) (Source: Your Sun.)
9/17 - Police return to Laundrie home twice. (Note: Presumably one of these instances is related to BL's parents reporting him missing.) (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/19 - SB releases statement: "The news about Gabby Petito is heartbreaking. The Laundrie family prays for Gabby and her family." (Note: SB has been very consistent in referencing BL and his parents separately. The wording of this implies the entire Laundrie family. At this point, BL has been reported missing, so I would have expected it to say Chris and Roberta or something identifying them apart. I can only guess he phrased it this way in an attempt to garner some sympathy for ALL of his clients, even though he would have no clue whether one of them was praying for her family or not, because he was missing.)(Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/20 - SB schedules and later cancels press conference pursuant to his conversation with FBI. (Source: Shannon Clowe Twitter and Shannon Clowe Twitter.)
9/23 - SB confirms: "The Laundrie's went to Orland to meet with their attorney." In a separate text, he clarified the attorney they met with was him. (Note: This is unrelated to BL, but I wanted to put it in to sort of show how SB refers to his clients and why I feel like the 9/19 statement about the "Laundrie family" was intended to include BL, despite having reported him missing.) (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter and Shannon Clowe Twitter.)
9/26 - FBI return to Laundrie residence. SB stated the FBI "requested some items belonging to Brian Laundrie to assist them with DNA matching and Brian's parents provided the FBI with what they could." (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/27 - Five 911 calls made from Laundrie home 8:06 a.m., 8:28 a.m, 1:29 p.m., 2:45 p.m., 4:13 p.m., 5:10 p.m. (Note: The article was published on 9/30 and states most recent records show calls made on Monday, so I'm assuming it means Monday 9/27. It does not indicate whether police responded to the calls.) (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/27 - SB releases statement: "Chris and Robert Laundrie do not know where Brian is. They are concerned about Brian and hope the FBI can locate him. The speculation by the public and some in the press that the parents assisted Brian in leaving the family home or in avoiding arrest on a warrant that was issued after Brian had already been missing for several days is just wrong." (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/30 - FBI return to Laundrie home to collect personal items belonging to BL to assist canines in search for Brian. (Source: Eileen Lepahmer Twitter.)
10/1 - SB states Cassie Laundrie saw her brother on 9/1 and 9/6.)
10/5 - SB confirms he only represents BL, CL (father, not sister) and RL. (Source: JB Twitter)
10/5 - SB amends original date parents last saw BL. He now states they believe he left to hike Monday, September 13. (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter)

Here's my revised theory given the above information:

There are really only two unaccounted-for dates, 9/12 and 9/13. I've been waiting for SB to come out and say they were mistaken about the date.

First, I can't recall when SB originally said the parents picked up the Mustang, but I remember there being confusion over when the Mustang was actually returned. However, it always struck me as odd that he went hiking on the 14th and the report of an abandoned car was filed on the 14th. If the car was parked somewhere illegally, like not in a dedicated parking space, then you would assume the vehicle would have been towed and/or received a citation, but that wasn't the case. It also doesn't make sense to assume a vehicle is abandoned after sitting there for less than a day. The abandoned car reported seemed to indicate the car had been there for longer than a day.

Second, SB said that BL and his parents went to other places on two different dates the following weekend but did not give the dates. There's a reason for that. I don't know what it is yet, but it's a big one. I think you can automatically rule out the 10th due to the police responding to the home on two separate occasions. You can rule out the 11th due to LE retrieving the van that day and asking to speak to BL but being refused.

That only leaves the 12th and the 13th. Wherever they went on those two dates is going to be key. He has confirmed all other dates, but those two dates. He left those vague and he didn't volunteer the info on where they went. When it came out they had visited the park, he was quick to say the dates they were there to make it seem like no big deal. If the places they went on the two dates after that weekend were no big deal, then why not go ahead and put that out there? Now all of a sudden they're backtracking on the actual date he went missing and it's because they're trying to get ahead of something that is going to come out at some point.

ETA: I have this feeling that BL will only be "missing" long enough for SB to determine what kind of case has been built against his client. There's not a single person, short of the interviews that Cassie has given in the last couple of days, urging BL to come forward or desperately seeking the public's help in locating him.

Second Edit - Added in 911 calls from The Sun report. If anyone has an actual list of the incidents with more details, that would be great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members