Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
That I can't answer not being a local, but the whole story just doesn't ring true to me. As a mother, my first instinct would be the welfare of my child & not a car, the last thing I would do is remove his method of transportation away from him. I would contact the ticketing agency & explain the situation & why the car could not be removed, also if I believed he may have intentions of self-harm I would not wait 2-3 days to report that, it just all sounds pre-planned to me.

...You don't think the police's (aka "ticketing agency") response to this would be to say "Go fly a kite, lady, rules are rules"? Or "you can do that if you want, ma'am, but we're still going to tow it after Day 5"?

Someone said that their house is 20 feet above sea level. Google is telling me 16 feet.

GoogleEarth shows an elevation of 20 ft, though IMHO, groundwater could be shallower than sea level in my past experience as an environmental engineer.

Water Resources of the United States—National Water Information System (NWIS) Mapper

does not show any registered groundwater wells within a reasonable distance to provide data on the groundwater level at the L home.

This case has turned in to a circus. BL parents are the Ringmasters. Can we just find this loser and toss him in the chokey? So much wasted time and money looking for someone who never should have been allowed to just wander around in the first place. I know. There wasn't a crime at the time, blah blah blah. There needs to be new procedures put in place in situations like this. He was never questioned but were his parents ever told to tell BL that he is not to leave the city/state/country until they had more answers?

Its not a stretch to believe both GP and BL planned and paid for their adventure together. The nuts and bolts of it are their individual goals. What did they want to accomplish and are those goals the same?

I seems she wanted to broaden her interaction with the world, while he saw the trip as a means of distancing himself from the world. He belittled her efforts for that reason, and it became a fiery contention between them. He just can't seem to get her to cut the societal cord, to leave all communication behind and become one with a frugal, lonesome isolation. That's just not her. She's not fully into the game and it sticks in both their craws.

For all the discussion of the where's and whens, the most important is the whys. The inner dynamics of two personalities hoping for more, yet clashing at the epicenter where they should comfortably meet. They go through the cursory motions, but they have this immovable obstacle. Once met, the sad result is physical. They're simply out of reasonable ways to overcome the glaring abyss of difference living in the hub of their wheel. Her innate embrace of this world and everything in it, and his complete rejection of it for the world of self. Tough stuff and a flashpoint when youth, emotional immaturity,inability of compromise and raging hormones meet.
MOO.

Outstanding, as usual. I almost said, "Right as usual, King Friday."

I have assumed that the reason to register him as a missing person, was a directive made by the lawyer....

Of course. You are absolutely right - I didn't think of that. So if he left on the 13th...they are probably on the phone with JB quite a bit over the next day or so. It does make it look more and more like a planned escape (especially with the cinder blocks stacked near the back fence).

Is one of their kayaks missing, I wonder? I don't see how he could have gotten a kayak to the preserve in the Mustang. Maybe it's a convertible. I sure can't remember.

If so, no wonder LE keeps returning to watery areas of the Florida panhandle and environs.

Thank you @Keyedin.
This one:
"8/17 - BL flies to Tampa from SLC to obtain "some items and empty and close storage unit to save money as they contemplated extending road trip." (10/5 Text from SB to Jorja Roman; Source: Jorja Roman Twitter)"

Contemplating extending their trip IMOO is an untruth (and maybe SB did not know this and is just repeating what he was told, so there is no accusation here). MOO - If I'm thinking like him, the statement had to be made for at least a few reasons: 1- The trip back for this doesn't make sense; 2 - The storage place has him on tape; 3 - the FBI has that tape; 4 - All of the above. MOO

I agree. Spending money on an airline ticket (that was most likely borrowed from someone) to save money on a storage unit doesn't make sense. That entire flew home story sticks out like a sore thumb as not belonging to the rest of their narrative. IMO.

What if there is some sort of large pipe that runs from the property to somewhere closer to the reserve? Crazier things have been constructed like for the El Chapo escape (not that the L's are anywhere near that level). Or it could have pre existed and is simply being utilized. IMO.

::sigh:: I almost made a joke earlier about how soon we'll hear theories that he tunneled out.

Brian Laundrie is not El Chapo. Not by resources, time, manpower and expertise, or importance. And the Ls live barely above sea level, near a literal swamp.

And the idea that there happens to be a human-sized sewage pipe running under their property that they knew exactly the location of and where it led, its safety for occupation, knew how to and had the ability/equipment/time to access AND cover up so no one would see the digging...all in the space of a week or two....
:rolleyes:

The location listed on the incident report is 6968 Reistertown Road in North Port – the listed address for the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park.

The listed offense on the report is Ordinance 42-56 – a local ordinance that pertains to abandoned vehicles.

“If the owner cannot be located we make arrangements for removal by initiating the five-day process,” North Port Public Information Officer Josh Taylor told WFLA. “After five days has passed, if the vehicle is still present, an officer will have it towed.”
Brian Laundrie search: Activity ramping up at Carlton Reserve | WGN-TV

I agree and would add that for every "successful" content creator/influencer there are an exponentially large number of aspirational influencers who will fail to gain traction beyond families and friends, or become influential or gain any type of a monetary reward.

The reality is that the effort and time spent trying to establish a brand means LESS time engaging in the activity that inspired you to try to make your passion into a viable income stream.

This is especially true for travel bloggers and outdoor /nature photographers. Imo.

I'm sure this terrible irony has occurred to many: it took her death and this unprecedented media frenzy for her content to stand out among the hoards of other creators.

We can't really know what her overall career goals were, but her online presence was not much different from millions of others her age... except for the beautiful, changing scenery, and shocking ending.
Imo

The “Travel & Lifestyle” community is a big thing on social media. You’re right that she was creating a brand, etc. & the kind of editing she was doing in that first video did take a whole lot of effort. People that try to make a living on social media spend hours editing pictures to post, etc.
Unless you just happen to have something go viral & get a lot of eyes on you that way, it is very difficult to become an influencer & build your audience. It takes years. & with the social media algorithms the way they are, you have to create content to post almost every single day to get the engagement & have the algorithms pick up your content & push it out to other people. That is the hard work on the front end that has to be put in if you want to become an influencer & that be how you make a living. Once you do that & build a big audience, it is extremely good money. However, getting there & getting those algorithms to push your content so you can build your audience…that part is extremely difficult & takes a lot of work to create mass amounts of content in order to post almost every day.

I just saw this being discussed so I thought I’d weigh in just knowing how social media works & knowing the influencer world

::sigh:: I almost made a joke earlier about how soon we'll hear theories that he tunneled out.

Brian Laundrie is not El Chapo. Not by resources, time, manpower and expertise, or importance. And the Ls live barely above sea level, near a literal swamp.

And the idea that there happens to be a human-sized sewage pipe running under their property that they knew exactly the location of and where it led, its safety for occupation, knew how to and had the ability/equipment/time to access AND cover up so no one would see the digging...all in the space of a week or two....
:rolleyes:

Yes not likely. Just throwing scenarios out there. You hear about supposed alligators living in pipes (which I'm aware are most likely urban myths) but if there is something large enough for alligators to live in... IMO.

The location listed on the incident report is 6968 Reistertown Road in North Port – the listed address for the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park.

The listed offense on the report is Ordinance 42-56 – a local ordinance that pertains to abandoned vehicles.

“If the owner cannot be located we make arrangements for removal by initiating the five-day process,” North Port Public Information Officer Josh Taylor told WFLA. “After five days has passed, if the vehicle is still present, an officer will have it towed.”
Brian Laundrie search: Activity ramping up at Carlton Reserve | WGN-TV

Awesome detective work!!

Now all somebody has to do is to press him on "the five-day process".

Its not a stretch to believe both GP and BL planned and paid for their adventure together. The nuts and bolts of it are their individual goals. What did they want to accomplish and are those goals the same?

I seems she wanted to broaden her interaction with the world, while he saw the trip as a means of distancing himself from the world. He belittled her efforts for that reason, and it became a fiery contention between them. He just can't seem to get her to cut the societal cord, to leave all communication behind and become one with a frugal, lonesome isolation. That's just not her. She's not fully into the game and it sticks in both their craws.

For all the discussion of the where's and whens, the most important is the whys. The inner dynamics of two personalities hoping for more, yet clashing at the epicenter where they should comfortably meet. They go through the cursory motions, but they have this immovable obstacle. Once met, the sad result is physical. They're simply out of reasonable ways to overcome the glaring abyss of difference living in the hub of their wheel. Her innate embrace of this world and everything in it, and his complete rejection of it for the world of self. Tough stuff and a flashpoint when youth, emotional immaturity,inability of compromise and raging hormones meet.
MOO.

Or: he wanted to experience one type of van life, and she wanted another.

If I had to guess, I'd say he wanted to roam and try the life for awhile, and she adopted and adapted herself and her ideas to his. He wanted to do that, so they probably watched a lot of #vanlife media, so she thought hey, we could do that, too. So that - with the added benefit of spending time on an adventure with him - became her goal. Different goals from the same basic activity.

Is is usual (yeah I know nothing's usual here...) for so many different local PD's to arrive for this kind of search? I just watched a few seconds of the live, but there were a lot of local cops heading toward today's search site -- what are they all doing/about to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23